Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lol even the bbc is ragging on this deathtrap portapotty

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65960217

e: lmao, rofl

BBC posted:

According to the company, the Titan weighs some 23,000lbs (10,432 kg) and has an aerospace-standard five-inch (13cm) thick carbon fibre hull reinforced with two domed titanium end caps.

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Darth Brooks posted:

This is the definition of "Oh no. Anyways"
Thats the definition of unexpectedly getting your inheritance early :hehe:

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

this thread is fast as hell. goons love submarines.

That and dead billionaires!

e.

free hubcaps posted:

BBC posted:

aerospace-standard
lmao

Tijuana-A-Go-Go fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 20, 2023

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I bet everybody's face will be red when they save these guys and they do not wish to return to our world, content with the society they have created in their underwater outhouse, free from the human ills of hatred, war, and not being covered in poo

and thus Atlantis is reborn

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/Pogue/status/1670835763536183297

lmao

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

man I was kidding about the old thrift store speakers playing late 90s hit songs on repeat, how is any of this poo poo real lmao

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Grab Im Moor posted:

man I was kidding about the old thrift store speakers playing late 90s hit songs on repeat, how is any of this poo poo real lmao

AFAIK no one has found a source for that, looks like a joke.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Under the poo poo, under the poo poo
Darling, it's better down in the crapper
Take it from me
Up on the shore, they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we implodin', full time U-boatin'
Under the poo poo (Ah-ha-ha)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Also if you stick the business end of a bicycle pump into your urethra you can pump yourself up to 600 psi or so. Obviously wouldnt help in this situation but its useful for shallower dives.

:stare:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Was there a thread for the homemade submarine murderer a couple years back?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

skasion posted:

Yes

Just enjoy new stuff for once people

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Commander Jebus posted:

Also a cylindrical design for a submersible that goes that deep is a terrible decision and there is a reason why all other deep diving submersibles are spheres. It works for military subs because they are much shallower vessels comparatively.

Here's what a cool looking non grover version looks like:

https://tritonsubs.com/subs/gullwing/?dc=pro

drat that's cool. I need to watch Blue Planet II again.

James Cameron warned him,

nytimes posted:

Leaders in the submersible vehicle industry sent a letter to OceanGates chief executive, Stockton Rush, in 2018 warning that the current experimental approach of the company could result in problems, from minor to catastrophic. The letter was obtained by The New York Times and confirmed by one of the signatories. It was not immediately clear whether Oceangate had responded.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1671138385514168321

lmao

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

skasion posted:

that was a submarine for creeps, not cool

this is a submarine for solving the billionaire problem, way cool

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

BBC posted:

According to the company, the Titan weighs some 23,000lbs (10,432 kg) and has an aerospace-standard five-inch (13cm) thick carbon fibre hull reinforced with two domed titanium end caps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RLOo6bchU&pp=ygUTRmFybnN3b3J0aCBwcmVzc3VyZQ%3D%3D

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Since its made of aerospace materials they should try it in space now with a few other billionaires

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

I wouldn't want to board a private submarine, because of the implication.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6L4V5HjZ8A

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Did this get posted here yet?

https://www.insider.com/titan-submarine-ceo-complained-about-obscenely-safe-regulations-2023-6

quote:

In a 2019 interview, the Titan's maker lamented "obscenely safe" diving security regulations.

CEO Stockton Rush said he understood the regulations but regretted their effect on innovation.

Rush is understood to be on board the submersible that lost contact with the surface Sunday.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

STOLEN LOST SUB VALOR

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

If Rush was still alive he'd be really mad about this

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

What a world; thanks to some billionaire's dumbass submersible I might be buying a racing wheel, since that's a good price for that G29

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

STOLEN LOST SUB VALOR

david pogue is the brian williams of tech fluff pieces

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
I have so much more respect for Triton subs after this.

I don't know why you'd cheap out on groversub's toilet window when full 360 view exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkfTSlTnaBQ

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Bad Purchase posted:

is the toilet actually bolted down, or is it one of those portable ones for van campers that you can just move anywhere? maybe making GBS threads by the window isn't the only option.

Be shittin' up in my tube (Shittin' up in my tube)
Back here thinkin' 'bout you (Thinkin' 'bout you)
I must confess, It's a mess in the tube

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
"obsecenely safe! Obsecenely safe!" I continue to insist as the pressure of the ocean depths crush me into something smaller than a corn cob.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Since its made of aerospace materials they should try it in space now with a few other billionaires

I don't know. Upgrading it with flight controls might be a bit beyond their budget.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

My coworker just posted "oh god, I forgot liquids could boil due to excessive pressure" and it looks like another person just found out what the Byford Dolphin Accident was.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Ok everyone, prepare to have your minds blown by this for the first time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

Did this get posted here yet?

quote:

· CEO Stockton Rush said he understood the regulations but regretted their effect on innovation.

If only there was some place beyond the reaches of modern society where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i hope elon musk continues to inspire rich people all over the world

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I feel like these forums have a varied population of people outside of the mainstream sexual norms so I got to ask what does obscenely safe even look like.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

pig labeled 3 posted:

If only there was some place beyond the reaches of modern society where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality.

"Is a man not entitled to the view out the window? 'No!' says the man in the toilet seat."

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

By popular demand posted:

I feel like these forums have a varied population of people outside of the mainstream sexual norms so I got to ask what does obscenely safe even look like.

Penis tip wiping and testing

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

William Bear posted:

"Is a man not entitled to the view out the window? 'No!' says the man in the toilet seat."

"now would you kindly poop in the bag"

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

A toliet did sink a sub once.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/German_submarine_U-1206

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

William Bear posted:

I feel like the submarine might just be a fetish thing for the rich people. A billionaire isn't going to have smelled anyone else's poop for years, just perfectly clean toilets for their own personal use. They're going in the fart coffin because they want to sit next to someone making GBS threads behind a curtain.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

By popular demand posted:

It's when you cover yourself in a blanket so you and your partner can't see each other's shameful parts. Ironically this involves blowing a load out of a hole cut out of the sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

when life gives you lemons, you should really capitalize on that free advertising!