Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Considering how close Putin's $1 billion megapalace complex is to Crimea all things considered I would not be surprised if he were more concerned about Ukraine having the missile range to reach it more than to reach anything else specifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Drop the magapalce cleetus

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Can Ukraine just level the loving Kremlin already

Like this pussy footing around is not doing anything. Call the loving bluff and crater red square.

Since public gatherings are illegal in Russia the collateral damage should be negligible.

Red Square?! That's like 4 Red Lines at once!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Quarex posted:

Considering how close Putin's $1 billion megapalace complex is to Crimea all things considered I would not be surprised if he were more concerned about Ukraine having the missile range to reach it more than to reach anything else specifically

I hope they blyat it into rubble with a large missile strike just to make a point.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Quarex posted:

It’s an empty McMansion decoy worth billions of rubles (on paper) built to give Putin’s warhawks a reason to cry “escalation!”! if Ukraine targets it. It’s even filled with all the lovely shells we keep seeing different pictures of, and they are clearly different different ammo sites, too all in the hopes it might still possibly detonate.

Maybe.

It will be hit with a Russian missile strike that was intended for a residential area but a Russian missile defense system will shoot it down and it will explode, covering up all evidence of corruption because Putin is a piece of poo poo

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
There are better targets than that tacky palace and it's very likely well protected by all kinds of systems. And unlike that Kremlin drone attack, no one would take and release some nice footage for propaganda purposes.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Wanna see a big rear end brawl between these dorks and our space force dorks, lock em all ina warehouse just fuggin ragecage of nerds going ham on each other

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Can Ukraine just level the loving Kremlin already

Like this pussy footing around is not doing anything. Call the loving bluff and crater red square.

Since public gatherings are illegal in Russia the collateral damage should be negligible.

Yes, Ukraine is nuking Moscow and St. Petersburg tomorrow.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

steinrokkan posted:

Yes, Ukraine is nuking Moscow and St. Petersburg tomorrow.

Do they release the biolab mosquitoes before or after the nukes?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Computer viking posted:

Do they release the biolab mosquitoes before or after the nukes?

before the squadron of attack beavers but not after the zombies of Nestor Makhno and Ivan Mazepa head on a collision course with Lenin's mausoleum.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

So do we release the Iku-Turso at some point or not? The NATO biolabs are messing with our pre-membership timetables.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Russia is bust working to perfect their current gen Eva Unit to fight the incoming Titan hordes

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

"Don't do that, or else…"
"Or else what?"
"Or, uh, we'll do what we've been doing. That will show you!"

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

The_Franz posted:

"Don't do that, or else…"
"Or else what?"
"Or, uh, we'll do what we've been doing. That will show you!"

ha yeah clearly russia can't hit Ukrainian decision centers....

such an immediately disprovable/hollow threat

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1671189464595542025

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

DandyLion posted:

ha yeah clearly russia can't hit Ukrainian decision centers....

such an immediately disprovable/hollow threat

I mean, a municipal zone can be a decision center. People there *make decisions* so it counts.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

So long distance drone, but tiny warhead. Might be enough to kickstart an ammo dump 'splosion?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

OAquinas posted:

So long distance drone, but tiny warhead. Might be enough to kickstart an ammo dump 'splosion?

ammo dumps, fuel dumps, repair shops, and command centers are all vulnerable thanks to this new weapon.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

OAquinas posted:

That, or make an oil pipe or refinery have a really bad day. If it is any accurate, it can also blow up known railway control centers, which many of them are just shacks relatively in the middle of nowhere.

75 kg is still about 8 antitank mines worth of explosives delivered through the roof and that cannot be healthy for your behind-the-lines non-military hardened buildings.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah probably, Moscow is 450km from the border and Storm Shadow has a range of 550, just need Sunak to sign off on it

Demilitarization of Ukraine going really well I see. Almost done now.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This "Special Operation Zone" bullshit like it's a loving magic "conflict rules that benefit Russia only are in effect" zone is absolutely ridiculous. What kind of war rules have ever been tried where the defender has to keep the war only to their territory and can't attack the Agressor's logistics inside their country? That's idiotic nonsense, and anyone in the world who thinks "oh this prevents war from escalating!" Is Putin's simp

JFC

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1671211667957350418
sucks to be an occupier today.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Der Kyhe posted:

That, or make an oil pipe or refinery have a really bad day. If it is any accurate, it can also blow up known railway control centers, which many of them are just shacks relatively in the middle of nowhere.

75 kg is still about 8 antitank mines worth of explosives delivered through the roof and that cannot be healthy for your behind-the-lines non-military hardened buildings.

I'd expect more than enough to ruin any plane on the ground it comes into contact with.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1671200203083329541
Terrorist Strelkov with one of his famous pep talks. He's wholly convinced now that Russia is doomed and there's no chance of winning, and the Russian leadership are totally clueless.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Oldsmobile posted:

If you've ever worn a plate carrier, you'd know how ridiculously little of your vitals it actually covers, so going in to action having as much coverage as possible is probably psychologically important for this guy.

Must be fun this time of year.
I have not worn a plate carrier.

Is it standard operating procedure to wear all of your gear on the FRONT of your plate carrier? And to not wear a back pack?

also, if you are military or former military, please go off on the "wearing long-sleeve undershirt but also rolling up the BDU sleeves into perfect cuffs" which to me seems .. off.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

I'd expect more than enough to ruin any plane on the ground it comes into contact with.

Absolutely, but the planes have annoying habit of moving around so passive guidance might not catch them, and some armies have air defense and jamming signals around airbases so active controls are unreliable.

Fortunately, it has seemed that Russian army isn't really one of those armies so this drone might catch itself a bomber or few. Or put their "actually important" stuff permanently behind the Urals.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CannonFodder posted:

Is it standard operating procedure to wear all of your gear on the FRONT of your plate carrier?

also, if you are military or former military, please go off on the "wearing long-sleeve undershirt but also rolling up the BDU sleeves into perfect cuffs" which to me seems .. off.

I'm pretty sure all that stuff is just tacticool nonsense and offers no actual protection

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

OAquinas posted:

Shahed drones have a 15-50kg warhead by comparison, but part of what makes them annoying is their small size

A HIMARS rocket has a 91kg warhead

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Victis posted:

Shahed drones have a 15-50kg warhead by comparison, but part of what makes them annoying is their small size

A HIMARS rocket has a 91kg warhead

Huh. For some reason I thought it had a bigger payload.

These would wreak havoc if they're at all accurate (remains to be seen)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1671232103420182537
They tried this last spring and failed. I don't think they'll fare any better this time either.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I think it's time to send the VDV in to break the siege.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

Demilitarization of Ukraine going really well I see. Almost done now.

You jest, but...

https://tass.com/politics/1634505

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

satellite image of what was Kakhovka Reservoir

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1671213130985136134

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I wanna see a surface level view of what the drained area looks like. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a lake or reservoir drained like that. It must be like walking on the moon.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I love the logic of "we got them to swap their old soviet kit for more advanced Western stuff, demilitarization successful!"

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

CannonFodder posted:

Is it standard operating procedure to wear all of your gear on the FRONT of your plate carrier? And to not wear a back pack?

You put things in the front if you want to be able to reach them by yourself without touching your backpack. Having poo poo up front is not weird. Having that much of it kinda is.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Toxic Mental posted:

I wanna see a surface level view of what the drained area looks like. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a lake or reservoir drained like that. It must be like walking on the moon.

it's a giant featureless brown area

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1671112671561654280

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1667961642934583296

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1670071614837235713

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

Go visit St. Thomas, Nevada

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Both. Ammo on the front, first aid kit on a side, carry some other stuff in a small backpack (food, water, extra ammo/magazines if you’re paranoid). If you’re a machine gunner, odds are good you and and the assistant gunner both have a pile of rounds in your backpack. Same applies to a lesser extent for people carrying an M249 SAW, at least on the US side.

You’ll need to mount your magazine pouches higher than you’d expect though, if you want to be able to change magazines while laying prone. Or have a firing position that’s not hilariously awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

Nothing like that. I don't know anything about any standards but it's actually p.convinient to have all your poo poo right in front of you for easy access. But the guy in the post is probably just wearing the extra protection pieces that came with his (probably expensive) personal protection.

The undershirt is sort of designed to go under the plate carrier and comes with long sleeves for all your patches, arm pockets and elbow pads and stuff, depending on the model of course.

That's insane!