Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Announcement said there would be 2-3 hours of maintenance STARTING at 8 pacific but no downtime, so presumably 12ish pacific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

thespaceinvader posted:

Aw it looks like the fixed the infinite dailies bug :(

iirc, this only triggered once the mastery pass expired. So we'll see in ~20 if they actually did.

Sitting on two 750 gold that only need one black card to trigger. High stakes gambling this morning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/comments/14dsjhc/dont_get_your_hopes_up_for_a_potential_gold/

Oh nevermind, maybe.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 20, 2023

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

wolfman101 posted:

Is there a good card in WG to kneecap the domain deck? I tried Mother of Machines but a turn 5 play is not fast enough. Stone Brain seems like it would just make you lose to their Herd Migrations.

Sweepers, exiles, land hate (do a basic check with field of ruin/demolition field, blowing up their nonbasics can potentially gently caress up their domain control).

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Cheap draft token in the store, possibly in error? It says 10% off but the gold price is discounted by nearly a third.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
alright who's the commander for HBrawl Food that I can build around

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Are the commander precons coming to Arena because they've got a whole deck for food token shenanigans

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Kashuno posted:

alright who's the commander for HBrawl Food that I can build around

Rocco Street Chef.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Cheap draft token in the store, possibly in error? It says 10% off but the gold price is discounted by nearly a third.
That's how it used to be. Scale gold price to gem price, so 7500 gold then subtract 750.

Recently (for like the last 4 months or so I think?) they scaled it at the normal draft price of 10k, but from NEO to like sometime during BRO it was always 10% off of 7500.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Thanks for the domain hate advice. Feels like a sweeper is probably the best option as my deck is using graveyard recursion.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

time to see how badly i can screw up and/or crash a draft.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
There is a lotr jump in thing. If you still have those jump in tokens you can now get fresh cards from them. I already got a shelob.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

So, just how many lands are you replacing with landcyclers in LOTR?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

thespaceinvader posted:

So, just how many lands are you replacing with landcyclers in LOTR?

0 or 1? I'm treating the landcyclers like they're the mdfc lands from Zendikar. Might go a little more aggressive with them if I've got reanimation like that white saga or the bg edict.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Steam auto-updating without me having to worry about it or even refresh the untappd plugin.. is good

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Second draft, got 'The One Ring' pack 2 pick 4. Yippie.

Probably not going to run it given how aggro the first draft went, but always love pulling a mythic from a draft.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Is there any way to see how many games you need to win to rank up? Won some standar and alchemy games while on Bronze and the little meter icon didn't budge at all. Not sure if its bugged or I'm playing the wrong formats.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did you accidentally select Unranked Play, that happens sometimes where it defaults to that

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did you accidentally select Unranked Play, that happens sometimes where it defaults to that

... I didn't know that was an option

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It is incredibly sad/funny that Arena gets decent Jumpstart packs everytime a set comes out, but they print absolute poo poo for the irl Jumpstart product. Not seeing lists anywhere for what you can get, but the LotR jumpstart decks are good and have goodies in them.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i wanna draft but this set feels useless for arena

this poo poo aint even pioneer legal

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I like drafting but only if it's explorer legal. I want to be able to use the cards I draft in constructed, and I barely play historic these days

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

If you want to draft, then draft. Complaining about the set not being standard legal is like saying "boy I love chicken wings but I can't do anything with these bones after???" Cards are a by product, what else are you going to spend your gold on.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

yeah i do play a bunch of standard and explorer so id prefer the drafts being useful for that

mom/aftermath is still probably availble

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

CatstropheWaitress posted:

It is incredibly sad/funny that Arena gets decent Jumpstart packs everytime a set comes out, but they print absolute poo poo for the irl Jumpstart product. Not seeing lists anywhere for what you can get, but the LotR jumpstart decks are good and have goodies in them.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/mtg-arena/jump-into-middle-earth-on-mtg-arena

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I will probably make another Hbrawl deck from this... Amass? Tom Bombadil?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I will probably make another Hbrawl deck from this... Amass? Tom Bombadil?

rocco doesn't get much but he loves what he got

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

When I first saw Tom Bombadil, I was like "OH MAN I really want to make a Tom Bombadil deck!" and now that I've seen people make them, its pretty clear that you can't make A Tom Bombadil deck, you can only make THE Tom Bombadil deck. He's narrow enough and powerful enough, and 5 colors, that there's so much fixing, ramp, auto-includes, sagas, and interaction that the deck just kinda builds itself. Or you just play him for the colors and playin unrelated 5-color good stuff because he's not in the hell queue like golos or esika.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Lone Goat posted:

If you want to draft, then draft. Complaining about the set not being standard legal is like saying "boy I love chicken wings but I can't do anything with these bones after???" Cards are a by product, what else are you going to spend your gold on.

This thread is at least 1/3 a hole to yell into about things that are frustrating. It is annoying that this is going to be the main set for the next two months, but can only be played in less popular pools.

Enjoying the draft so far. Tokens and food are fun.

Thanks! It's even worse than I joked. 22 different designs there vs. the 5 you can buy in print. It's like they're sabotaging Jumpstart boosters on purpose, yikes.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah I'm drafting this set but not because it's likely to be useful for arena, because i enjoy drafting.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

you're saying you don't keep the bones to make a little bone house? :yikes:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Saving up for eldraine drafts, for anyone who likes both draft AND constructed. Your statement really only applies to someone who likes draft and ONLY likes draft.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Horn of Gondor p1p1? Don't mind if I do.
Easiest trophy in my entire MtGA career with a couple of Éomers, a Shadowfax, a Rally at the Hornburg and a couple other token makers.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I thought about skipping this set draft but the discounted token made me go "well might as well, it's free money"

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

3/3ed my first one, probably got a little overzealous with the landcyclers and had some mana issues, but not too bothered by it. It was GWB and I should probably have cut either W or B but I had some good cards in both and not quite enough playables in just oen or the other, sadly. Ring seems strong if you can get multiple, but a very minimal upside if you only get it once or twice. Watchdogs is very good, bag end porter is very good.

Generally think I'm actually kinda happy to have a set that I don't massively care one way or another about drafting, it makes it easier when I inevitably lose given that my starting war chest is only like 3 drafts deep or something, even including the token from the mastery pass.

I had fun with the games and that's the important bit.

Looking forward to the next one which axctually does look strong, Dawn of a New Age plus like... 4 Rallies? Doing Lancer > Rally >Rally > Rally, Dawn is an ideal play line that I can actually see myself pulling off and just getting a casual 2 mana draw 7. Plus Shadowfax.

https://www.17lands.com/deck/3d125d2e2faf4a0cbf9ebd7ee75c9f41

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.17lands.com/draft/28941942dece47c8b70e2000fb68ffad

Draft #1
First draft, my only preparation was last night's limited level-ups podcast lol. Opened Orcish Bowmasters and then the only other open lane was red... tested the waters with blue but the only thing that seemed worthwhile was Mouth of Sauron. It does seem splashable though? Regular amassing for sacrifice but I will have to see how it plays out. The trebuchet making creature tokens seems good for some of these outlets.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Having only played one sealed, this format seems pretty "curve out" and if you don't you're gonna have a bad time

Not really wanting to get into another

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Squiggly posted:

Having only played one sealed, this format seems pretty "curve out" and if you don't you're gonna have a bad time

Not really wanting to get into another

sealed is always rear end though, so much variance especially since the introduction of Mythics

no i'm not still bitter that a guy at my table opened 2 Pack Rats at my RTR sealed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Gollum sacrificed himself to do 4 damage to my opponent for lethal...

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

lol, the midweek madness is "be skilled enough to draw breach" or "be skilled enough to stop your opponent drawing breach"

Play the U/B deck. If you draw breach, you 100% WILL win, if you don't draw it, you still might!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

New decks for the season. The Aragorn deck EXCLUSIVELY uses LTR cards (and basic lands... which I plan to replace with the LTR fullarts) because I'm the kind of nerd who thinks that's fun.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 21, 2023