Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Morbus
May 18, 2004

HOW?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The crew of the submarine be like

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnbGpj8oI8w

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

i assume it's gas for the ship to take them out to sea and back

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Brimruk posted:

How is productivity measured?

they collect survey and other data (there are entire federal agencies doing this) and mash it all together. for labor productivity it's total hours worked against total "economic output" in dollars (which can be as simple as GDP, but there are a bunch of secret sauce adjustments and the like also)

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

i assume it's gas for the ship to take them out to sea and back

maybe a boat person can comment but that would be over a quarter million gallons of fuel which seems like 100x as much as you'd actually need

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Morbus posted:

maybe a boat person can comment but that would be over a quarter million gallons of fuel which seems like 100x as much as you'd actually need

their port of call is probably tokyo or something so they can claim losses and dodge taxes

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
how is the O2 counter doing? we down to the final 24 hours remaining yet?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

wynott dunn posted:

As much as it would cost to get the can back, it would be interesting to see what depraved poo poo they've done down there out of madness or desperation. Who died from asphyxiation and who from blunt force. Whether they tried to scuttle the ship. If there's a black box, how did they try and justify killing the non-rich

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

wynott dunn posted:

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1671246607281430531

https://countingdownto.com/?c=4831561

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
If there was a fire or the window popped, there wasn't much time for depraved poo poo unfortunately

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

skooma512 posted:

As much as it would cost to get the can back, it would be interesting to see what depraved poo poo they've done down there out of madness or desperation. Who died from asphyxiation and who from blunt force. Whether they tried to scuttle the ship. If there's a black box, how did they try and justify killing the non-rich

They're gonna recover the black box and it'll be this

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/chengrob/status/1671190328022388742?t=-ROcnLQgbKJVM4j-36UEKg&s=19

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
the people in that sub are dead dead dead. they probably didnt even have time to comprehend their inevitable death

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

imagining an F vs C temperature fight aboard the titan sub right now

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

imagining an F vs C temperature fight aboard the titan sub right now

it would be a shame if they got all worked up and used up the oxygen fastee

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lostconfused posted:

In a marxist sense you exploit labour by paying wages lower than the labour provided. Everything after that is realizing your surplus labour value that you stole from the workers.

Exploiting solar power by paying Helios lower wages than I make from what he produces.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Gunshow Poophole posted:

*inhale*
do you want, to come to, a party,
my friends and I stuck in a sub on a deep sea journey
This thing's built of carbon with gamepad controlling
and ballast reliant on passengers rolling
My fellow rich people who need more attention
Will pay through the nose for the dumbest inventions
So I paid my fee, now I'm publicly peeing and bargaining to be the last one eaten on the journey

Many pages ago but this was perfect.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brimruk posted:

How is productivity measured? If it's GDP or something analogous wonder how much of the 2020/2021 trend is just mass-production of masks and other poo poo

lol what? How much of the economy do you imagine "masks and other poo poo" was even in 2020?

I'm guessing that the biggest chunk of actual pandemic response was vaccines and antivirals and that got Pfizer up to... probably not even top 15 market cap on the NYSE? It was a blip on the US economy compared to the vast sums of cash that went into propping up businesses in the American Rescue Plan (though I'm at a loss to guess how that resulted in increased productivity except that some money also trickled down to actual people who went back to work).

Vox Nihili posted:

Furman sez: The pandemic spike in labor productivity has disappeared. My theory is productivity spiked with WFH policies and dropped as people were brought back to unproductive office spaces.

It's brain damage from COVID, OP.

Precambrian Video Games has issued a correction as of 21:16 on Jun 20, 2023

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They're gonna recover the black box and it'll be this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RTO isn’t a problem becuase everyone who didn’t like it, quit

genius

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1671246614281834497?t=o6EjqojOqBfhcto-NIL1iA&s=19

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it'd be cool if he just explodes like Mr. Creosote some day

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I've been hearing since I was kid that SS isn't gonna be there and it looks like they'll just cut off everyone GenX or younger and just openly loot it for more bailouts and F-35 parts and nobody is going to even try and stop them lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
glad someone is saying it. thank u Chris for playing bad cop role

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

mycomancy posted:

I was talking to my wife, who is at best a social democrat (cue Patrick Stewart as Lenin here), about how fossil fuels will continue to be used until we are +15 C no matter what because they're exploitable in a Marxist sense while everything else (solar, wind, hydro, geo, nuke, and bio) isn't. Our species is assuredly doomed, and it's not gonna be in like 20 or 30 years. We're gonna see it within 5.

??????????

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

maybe they used chatgpt to structure the sub

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

mycomancy posted:

I was talking to my wife, who is at best a social democrat (cue Patrick Stewart as Lenin here), about how fossil fuels will continue to be used until we are +15 C no matter what because they're exploitable in a Marxist sense while everything else (solar, wind, hydro, geo, nuke, and bio) isn't. Our species is assuredly doomed, and it's not gonna be in like 20 or 30 years. We're gonna see it within 5.

how many years til your marriage is doomed nostradamus

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

found it. unfortunately no survivors

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Morbus posted:

HOW?????

costs money to kill the moneyed :shobon:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Just got back from target, the controller used to guide that submarine is on sale for $15 lol

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

it’s so funny that he thinks he’ll live to see social security.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Just got back from target, the controller used to guide that submarine is on sale for $15 lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mf drilled a tv mount into the hull

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

skooma512 posted:

I've been hearing since I was kid that SS isn't gonna be there and it looks like they'll just cut off everyone GenX or younger and just openly loot it for more bailouts and F-35 parts and nobody is going to even try and stop them lmao
Yeah those people were right.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
i bet if they bought an xbox pro series 2 controller, they’d be safe on their yachts already

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

They had 96 hours of oxygen, but do we know how much time they have remaining on generative power?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

yes very good plans. so easy!

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 21:39 on Jun 20, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Just pilot the sub up dummies, water ends at the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

They had 96 hours of oxygen, but do we know how much time they have remaining on generative power?

or at what point of the journey they lost contact?