Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

post hole digger posted:

he was one of the dudley boys back in the day

No, you're thinking of Buh Buh Ray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Billy Ray Dudley. sounds right to me.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

post hole digger posted:

Maybe we're thinking of Wisconsin's own Dave Dudley, singer of "Six Days on the Road"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Then there's JR's bitter rival in the barbecue sauce business, Sweet Baby Ray

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/limesinfluencer/status/1668299895567003664?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

post hole digger posted:

No, no, Billy Ray Deadly. One half of the Deadly Brothers.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What's he talking about. Tony gives away big matches all the time and folks scream WHERE'S THE STORY

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i wish i was getting john silver vs big names constantly

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

flatluigi posted:

i wish i was getting john silver vs big names constantly

maybe we just need to indicate to Tony Khan somehow that we don't get the joke and he'll run this punchline past us a few more times :angel:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

don't understand not being hype for two guys who never wrestle each other getting to do so.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

this isnt a bad take that would rule

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

He has a long way to go to beat Vince's rib of finally getting Sting and putting him in a Wrestlemania match with HHH and not Undertaker.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
John Silver only has four Dynamite matches in 2023, and three of them were battle royals. If you didn't watch the Youtube shows or ROH you'd probably forget that he's still in the company. Weird to single him out when he's barely being used these days.

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 20, 2023

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Benne posted:

John Silver only has four Dynamite matches in 2023, and three of them were battle royals. If you didn't watch the Youtube shows or ROH you'd probably forget that he's still in the company. Weird to single him out when he's barely being used these days.

He's one of the worst victims of Tony's new toy booking

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

cagliostr0 posted:

I'm hoping with the extra show we get some room for more Dark Order stories. As a fan of a bunch of midcard talent, dark and elevation ending might mean folks I love go away or only show up to lose battle royales.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

cagliostr0 posted:

one of the current angles in roh is him and reynolds vs stu and the righteous, and as a result he's been on almost every single show over the last several weeks

it's not aew so the original person's complaint about him and trent being constantly on aew doesn't track, but saying Tony has forgotten/doesn't care about him also doesn't track either

(I do get people who have resisted watching new roh a bit, but it's been a great show and I really recommend it)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

flatluigi posted:

one of the current angles in roh is him and reynolds vs stu and the righteous, and as a result he's been on almost every single show over the last several weeks

it's not aew so the original person's complaint about him and trent being constantly on aew doesn't track, but saying Tony has forgotten/doesn't care about him also doesn't track either

ROH isn't on TV, it's Dark you pay to watch and with an established name attached to it

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I misread that tweet and now I want to see a Silver vs. Trent singles match

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

forkboy84 posted:

ROH isn't on TV, it's Dark you pay to watch and with an established name attached to it

that doesn't make it stop existing, and as someone who used to watch dark and currently watches roh you can tell how much Tony cares about roh compared to the matches that got put together just for youtube

I know I said I get people who don't watch roh but I don't get the people like you who are like hostile to its existence. you're missing out on a lot of good wrestling! at least do it for Athena who has had a loving great run

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Put Athena on TV Tony

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

New ROH is so good. The Righteous corrupting Stu was fantastic, Athena is one of the best champs in wrestling today, and Willow gets to wreck poo poo. Sometimes Tracy Williams shows up. Ian and Caprice are great commentators. It's just a really, really fun show.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/snowboiiii/status/1671114470402170880

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

the difference between ROH and Dark is that ROH has storylines

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dark had storylines the story was “here’s a bunch of jobbers not on TV so you don’t have to watch it” and that storyline has continued into ROH

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I could probably list at least 10 matches from Honor Club's relaunch that were better than basically everything on Dark and Dark Elevation throughout its whole run.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

I could probably list at least 10 matches from Honor Club's relaunch that were better than basically everything on Dark and Dark Elevation throughout its whole run.

yeah, I am really not making GBS threads on ROH, afaik it is a good wrestling show with good wrestlers and not mainly jobber squashes like Dark and Elevation were

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They did a BCC vs. Dark Order 6 man once and John Silver wrestled seriously for once and this short little baby man trying to seriously square up to Jon Moxley and Claudio Castagnoli looked absolutely ridiculous and I assume that's when Khan went "okay, that's enough of that" and exiled him to the RoH mines.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

RoH has been great and is very obviously Tony doing what he wants without the constraints of TV contracts and needing to build it into an AEW sized business.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

RoH has been great and is very obviously Tony doing what he wants without the constraints of TV contracts and needing to build it into an AEW sized business.

Yeah, he doesn't need to worry about quarter hours and needing to explain who someone is when they show up. He can just book cool matches with a bit of story around them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pylons posted:

Yeah, he doesn't need to worry about quarter hours and needing to explain who someone is when they show up. He can just book cool matches with a bit of story around them.

All those poor fans. Just enjoying wrestling without multiple video packages to explain why. :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

Better than Matt Sydal vs Dante Martin? :colbert:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

I was actually thinking excepting that and like, Joey Janela vs. Kenny Lights Out.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I mean, good D/E matches if we're going by Cagematch ratings alone

Billie Starkz vs. Emi Sakura
Tony Nese vs. Trent Baretta
Hagane Shinno vs. Kenny Omega
Emi Sakura & Mei Suruga vs. Riho & Willow Nightingale
Emi Sakura vs. Hikaru Shida (I and II)
Josh Woods vs. Wheeler Yuta
Emi Sakura & Mei Suruga vs. Hikaru Shida & Toni Storm
Anthony Greene & Stallion Rogers vs. Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood
Riho vs. Shoko Nakajima
Jack Evans vs. Kenny Omega
Danny Limelight vs. Konosuke Takeshita
Brandon Cutler vs. Peter Avalon (III)
Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy & Trent vs. Angelico, Jack Evans & PAC
Angelico vs. Yuya Uemura
Anthony Henry vs. Orange Cassidy
Bea Priestley vs. Kris Statlander
Daniel Garcia vs. Lee Moriarty
Dean Alexander & Kidd Bandit vs. Fuego I & Fuego II
Emi Sakura vs. Toni Storm (I and II)
Emi Sakura & Maki Itoh vs. Hikaru Shida & Skye Blue
Athena, Hikaru Shida & Ruby Soho vs. Emi Sakura, Leva Bates & Serena Deeb
Blake Christian vs. Jay Lethal
CIMA vs. Darby Allin
Penta El Zero Miedo vs. Wheeler Yuta
Emi Sakura & Mei Suruga vs. Riho & Ryo Mizunami
Emi Sakura & Nyla Rose vs. Skye Blue & Yuka Sakazaki

and there's doubtless more that I haven't mentioned like Omega/Janela and Dante/Sydal but tbh I couldn't be arsed combing through the list that closely

anyway, are neo-ROH's best matches better than all of those? Yeah, probably

Venomous fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 20, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

As far as I know ROH are yet to book any member of 37KAMIINA bar Takeshita, so Dark still edges them

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

As far as I know ROH are yet to book any member of 37KAMIINA bar Takeshita, so Dark still edges them

It has Shibata as ROH Pure Champion and weekly Samoa Joe bangers. ROH > Dark by far and I loved watching pandemic Dark

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Rarity, are you trying to tell us you haven't seen Zack Sabre Jr vs AR Fox?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
In 16 weeks nuROH TV has had the following 10+ minute matches

Claudio vs. Christopher Daniels
Athena vs. Willow Nightingale
Timothy Thatcher vs. Wheeler Yuta
Aussie Open vs. Rhett Titus & Tracy Williams
Claudio vs. AR Fox
Konosuke Takeshita vs. Josh Woods
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Blake Christian
Aussie Open vs. Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal
AR Fox/Blake Christian/Metalik vs. Trustbusters
Dalton Castle & The Boys vs. The Embassy
Mike Bennett vs. Dante Martin
Vikingo vs. Blake Christian
Konosuke Takeshita vs. Tony Nese
Athena vs. Miyu Yamashita
Christopher Daniels vs. Katusoyri Shibata
Claudio vs. Metalik
Gringo Loco vs. Vikingo
Lee Moriarty vs. Konosuke Takeshita
Zack Sabre Jr. vs AR Fox
The Kingdom vs. Action Andretti & Darius Martin
Athena vs. Skye Blue
Samoa Joe & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal
AR Fox vs. Kyle Fletcher
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Rocky Romero
Mogul Embassy vs. AR Fox/Action Andretti/Darius Martin
Rey Fenix vs. Gravity
Christopher Daniels vs. Kyle Fletcher

In addition to a bunch of very good shorter matches between non-jobbers. It's fine to not watch it or argue the star power is not there compared to Dynamite/Collision or whatever you want, but it doesn't really resemble Dark/Elevation in any way besides "lol not watching, poo poo sucks lol"

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I would like to watch roh but I am a poor.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Edge & Christian posted:

Rey Fenix vs. Gravity

Is there a wrestler out there called "Gravity" or did you sneak a joke into that big long list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

RandolphCarter posted:

I would like to watch roh but I am a poor.

Wrestling shows can be illicitly downloaded via various means.