Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I haven't slept in two weeks playing thjis game nonstop 24 h ours a day and here is a list of all it's flaws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

mods change thread title to " Don't like the fact others can game more than you? Do better at life bro."

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

mst4k posted:

I went arc lash from chain lighting around lvl 50. I’m saving gear for an eventual switch to machine gun ice guy! It’s probably not the best but I made adjustments to make it work. I’m around 35/35 for csc and cdr. Upgrades have been few and far between because I already have pretty good sacred equipment.

I switched to ice shards from chain lightning at lvl 50 with 0% cdr and never looked back. Ice shards and nova just do so much damage.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Doomykins posted:

If you said "it's a 7-8, an above average game with some big flaws" nobody would bat an eye. Most of us have said it. Now you're tripling down. It's a 6/10. It's a bad game. Anyone who disagrees is a Blizzard defender. Get a life bro.

It severely undermines your argument to confess to those playtime hours in this window of time. It doesn't make sense that a game is fundamentally bad but you're obsessively playing it. It doesn't take you 200 hours to "test" a game. Don't even @ me that it's an ARPG, are you admitting that you had to run nightmare dungeons all the way to 100(so how many dozens of them?) to really understand the potential of the system? Wouldn't be able to suss out how good a game like PoE is without triple digits in maps? And nobody cares that you're being a big goon and playing the video game a lot since half of us are guilty of the same. It's just really easy to laugh at cognitive dissonance like this. This game is horrible, but I can't stop playing it! Most of the explanations there are that you're dumb, easily tricked, have an obsessive compulsive personality/severe gambling and addiction disorder, etc. Pick your poison. Or have a laugh, admit you got heated and apologize. It's cool.

There are best games ever made that don't reach 10 hours for 100% completion and deserve the $60 up front. Nerds crying that Diablo 4 only offers 50-100+ hours of quality content is a joke.

Considering I played D3 for a decade and never tried every set I'm pretty sure if you buy into the time vs money metric which I do not then you'd have to admit that these types of games give incredible return on what they cost.

I always knew I was gonna buy this for that exact reason and unless Blizzard burns down and the source code is destroyed, I'm pretty sure I've got the next on and off temporary obsession game. If anyone expected anything other than that, well, I'd like a tour of your reality because that is exactly what this was always going to be.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember
Even if you read no spoilers about the game it’s very obvious what the tail end of the game looks like by a few hours into tier 4. Why did you play for another 100+ hours after that if you thought it was a 6 out of 10? That’s why you are getting clowned on. Not because people are white knighting the game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Season one is going to be our first experience of the “endgame” anyway

It’s like a mmo launching with out the first tier of raids activated yet

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

wemgo posted:

I switched to ice shards from chain lightning at lvl 50 with 0% cdr and never looked back. Ice shards and nova just do so much damage.

Oh man it looks awesome, I’m going to make the switch tonight I think

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I actually don't feel particularly motivated to go deep into the "endgame" on my current character just because I know as soon as season 1 starts I'll be making a new character. I know this is basically just season 0 so it doesn't make much sense to treat it differently but y'know.

Right now I'm just focusing on all the things that carry over (map, Lilith altars, etc)

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Harrow posted:

I actually don't feel particularly motivated to go deep into the "endgame" on my current character just because I know as soon as season 1 starts I'll be making a new character. I know this is basically just season 0 so it doesn't make much sense to treat it differently but y'know.

Right now I'm just focusing on all the things that carry over (map, Lilith altars, etc)

I will not get all the statues and I will laugh at the pained screams of skill and paragon points, dead before they could truly live.

Maybe I'll have them all by s3 or something lol

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Harrow posted:

I actually don't feel particularly motivated to go deep into the "endgame" on my current character just because I know as soon as season 1 starts I'll be making a new character.

:same:

I don't really feel any motivation to take my druid past the mid 70s for this very reason. Just going to have to start over in a few weeks. I got to a point I felt comfortable and rolled a rogue. The massive change in play style kept the game fresh.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Romes128 posted:

just post through it. that's always the best strategy.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I’ll probably come back to my bear Druid in future seasons to slowly level him up to max over the next couple months, I’ve grown attached to him.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I did get somewhat attached to my Rogue and I'll probably use him to play through any campaign expansions first just because he's now my "story character"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Thats enough dogpiling dont you think? 6/10 isnt even bad, its quite literally above average.
PoE is preparing for Exilecon and LE for 1.0. There's nothing fresh and new to play right now, so of course ARPG nerds are gonna spend a bunch of hours in D4, even if they don't think the game is all that hot. And someone who spends 200+h in the first three weeks is hoping for game that can fill thousands of hours and from that perspective the criticism and rating makes perfect sense. Doesn't mean the game isn't fun

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Wuxi posted:

Thats enough dogpiling dont you think? 6/10 isnt even bad, its quite literally above average.
PoE is preparing for Exilecon and LE for 1.0. There's nothing fresh and new to play right now, so of course ARPG nerds are gonna spend a bunch of hours in D4, even if they don't think the game is all that hot. And someone who spends 200+h in the first three weeks is hoping for game that can fill thousands of hours and from that perspective the criticism and rating makes perfect sense. Doesn't mean the game isn't fun

If you look at his arguments from the perspective of a dour loon then yea I suppose they do make perfect sense

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Ahem... AS A GAMING DAD

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

mods change thread title to " Don't like the fact others can game more than you? Do better at life bro."

+1 lol

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Wuxi posted:

I'm pretty sure almost everyone agrees at this point that chunks of the game need some qol and balance passes. It's the doubling down and the tone that people are objecting to. There are better ways to say a game needs work than acting like you have this one secret truth that the throng of morons just don't understand.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Horking a game down like a golden retriever that stumbled across an unattended plate of spaghetti, stopping only to lift your sauce-smeared face from the plate to tell everyone how bad it tastes before lunging back in for another mouthful, is not actually perfectly sensible.

The game is hardly flawless, but that's sort of beside the point from the strange thing that people are accurately observing.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Scoss posted:

Horking a game down like a golden retriever that stumbled across an unattended plate of spaghetti, stopping only to life your sauce-smeared face from the plate to tell everyone how bad it tastes before lunging back in for another mouthful, is not actually perfectly sensible.

Please return my dog to me at once.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Scoss posted:

Horking a game down like a golden retriever that stumbled across an unattended plate of spaghetti, stopping only to lift your sauce-smeared face from the plate to tell everyone how bad it tastes before lunging back in for another mouthful, is not actually perfectly sensible.

The game is hardly flawless, but that's sort of beside the point from the strange thing that people are accurately observing.

I'm afraid we've reached the character limit for thread titles.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I've got 48hrs played in this game and the thought of those hours spent makes me cringe like an embarassing memory, because it is one. Can't wait for season 1

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Scoss posted:

Unattended plate of spaghetti is a perfect analogy for what Diablo 4 is.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have somehow become the dreaded Gaming Dad without actually being a dad

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Scoss posted:

What a blessed exchange of posts we've received today.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

If I got 100h out of diablo immortal after paying $5 but 200h out of D4 after paying $90, doesn't that mean that D:I is actually the better game?

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Vic posted:

Unattended plate of spaghetti is a perfect analogy for what Diablo 4 is.

Mods please change my name to unattended spaghetti.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Why is the weird freak who hates this game after playing it for 200 hours and is a condescending prick allowed to post in this thread? What the gently caress is going on?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RyokoTK posted:

Why is the weird freak who hates this game after playing it for 200 hours and is a condescending prick allowed to post in this thread? What the gently caress is going on?

It would be a much less interesting thread without him. His posts made my day

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The game is flawless and every time I play my face looks like a dude on the box of a 90s 3D accelerator card.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
wait until you find out about the guy who has over 30 pages of posts in the blizzlols thread and spent months talking about how bad this game was going to be and then bought it day 1 and has been playing it nonstop since launch lmao

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

wait until you find out about the guy who has over 30 pages of posts in the blizzlols thread and spent months talking about how bad this game was going to be and then bought it day 1 and has been playing it nonstop since launch lmao

Is the joke that it’s the same person

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Go on...

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

RyokoTK posted:

Is the joke that it’s the same person

It's half or more of the fanbase op.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't blame him for the bad Uncle Intel

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

This game's built around wasting your time what are you nintendorks suggesting with the time played invalidating the opinion?

If a person spends 200 hours to tell me the game is poo poo I'm gonna say "Thank you for your service SIR!"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

Zotix posted:

Mmm hmm. As I said, I tested a game. The systems aren't there. Your point?

With goons it's always something. If I said the game had issues people would be like nun uh you aren't high enough to know it. Then when you provide evidence, it's moving of the goalposts. Who gives a gently caress if I played 160 hours over 3 weeks? I have a great job, a great life, and I'm having fun. Don't like the fact others can game more than you? Do better at life bro.

The subreddits(oh wait reddit is trash, and 95% of goons don't go to reddit)are literally littered with the same complaints. It's now that the second wave of players are hitting end game and realizing the game is half baked.

It's the same poo poo we saw in the MMO years with Conan rift archage, Swtor, etc. All of the development went into the first 50 hours and anything after that is barely there or not there at all.

I'm having a great day, thanks for your concern. Good luck on your loot adventures.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

CLAM DOWN posted:

it's this thread
We're all participating in a meta-event called "Consumed by Hatred". The first person to melt down so hard they get banned inside this thread gets a free Mephisto avatar.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Vic posted:

This game's built around wasting your time what are you nintendorks suggesting with the time played invalidating the opinion?

If a person spends 200 hours to tell me the game is poo poo I'm gonna say "Thank you for your service SIR!"

I dunno man if I tried the beta and it really sucked I wouldn't be here or have bought the game. "The game is MEANT to be long, they tricked you by making the first 50 hours good!" Ok great if I hate the end game I'll set it back down.

He said level 60 is the cut off so that means he spent the absolute longest 30-40 levels after that grinding just to be sure.

Spends 5 hours getting to level 90. Huff. Wheeze. I'm not really enjoying this but I've got to give it a fair shake. ... Spends 6 hours getting to level 91. My integrity as a gamer is at stake...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Having eaten 5700 spicy hot boneless wings at Buffalo Wild Wings I can tell you this place sucks rear end. You’re welcome!!!