Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

This thread is now about food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
My rogue at level 60 beat the poo poo out of the second capstone dungeon and is now traipsing around torment and still slaughtering. It’s a lot of fun to play an alt because they did a good job of making the characters feel mechanically distinct.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Firewall Sorc is getting a little stale but it looks like they absolutely do NOT want you to have multiple builds, so switching it up is really out of the question

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I really recommend rolling an alt, it’s a good refresher and if you got all the renown rewards and altar bonuses you will loving plow through WT2.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wuxi posted:

Thats enough dogpiling dont you think? 6/10 isnt even bad, its quite literally above average.
PoE is preparing for Exilecon and LE for 1.0. There's nothing fresh and new to play right now, so of course ARPG nerds are gonna spend a bunch of hours in D4, even if they don't think the game is all that hot. And someone who spends 200+h in the first three weeks is hoping for game that can fill thousands of hours and from that perspective the criticism and rating makes perfect sense. Doesn't mean the game isn't fun

playing something you think sucks for 10 hours a day, 20 days straight, instead of stopping and doing something else is deranged behavior

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Playing a game for 200 hours in three weeks is deranged behavior regardless.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

Why is the weird freak who hates this game after playing it for 200 hours and is a condescending prick allowed to post in this thread? What the gently caress is going on?

This is the thread where you are allowed to call people Sean Penn, the posting rules are strange in blizz threads

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4033687

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I feel like a better analogy would be it's like being an addict and getting some heroin but it's like really lovely and stepped on and you're like this poo poo loving sucks but I'm still going to shoot up the entire batch and then go back and buy more and shoot that up too and do it with a smile on my face, because no other drug hits like heroin, even if its bad heroin.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
When it comes to videogames, you gotta listen to the crazies.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
On my barb, I'm using a 2H Sword, should I be setting my technique slot to something else since I will inherently get the bleed damage from using a sword to begin with?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

as much as it frustrated me, Stux is right. you should learn to hand-knead ciabatta, it takes a long time but it's very satisfying and you won't sit at your computer doing something you hate.

anyway, I haven't missed a "sell all x" option like you have with salvaging, right? it's annoying because I tend to sell everything bellow rare and marking stuff as junk feels like an unnecessary step. I feel like I would've seen such an option by now.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Fried Watermelon posted:

This is the thread where you are allowed to call people Sean Penn, the posting rules are strange in blizz threads

no the last time someone was probated in this thread was for doing that, it’s the one way you’re not allowed to threadshit I guess

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The generous interpretation is that they played the game for a while having fun, and then kept playing long after they stopped having fun when they should have just quit instead. And the lesson they should take is probably not 'there will be more content later so I can plug away then,' but 'I have an unhealthy addictive relationship with this game and should probably play something different.'

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Black Griffon posted:

I haven't missed a "sell all x" option like you have with salvaging, right? it's annoying because I tend to sell everything bellow rare and marking stuff as junk feels like an unnecessary step. I feel like I would've seen such an option by now.

No and it even if it did, it wouldn't make a difference between sacred or ancestral rare, so that's just slavjank level.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Firewall Sorc is getting a little stale but it looks like they absolutely do NOT want you to have multiple builds, so switching it up is really out of the question

I keep thinking I'm going to try a different build for my frost Sorc and then I contemplate the time and effort that would take to do right and just go meh, frost is fine I guess. I still throw random gear for other specs in my stash just in case.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Philthy posted:

On my barb, I'm using a 2H Sword, should I be setting my technique slot to something else since I will inherently get the bleed damage from using a sword to begin with?

Yep, that's the point of expertise. Try to level a variety of weapons, and use expertise that compliments the weapons you're using.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
i'm sean penn

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
50 hours of fun is more than most AAA games offer these days, even if it has some glaring flaws. I'm surprised it's even as good as it is

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Philthy posted:

The technique slot applies to all weapons, in addition to the expertise the weapon already applies. So if all your skills just use one weapon, setting that weapon as your technique is redundant.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

Playing a game for 200 hours in three weeks is deranged behavior regardless.

Is it? 200h of work in 3 weeks is pretty standard for a huge chunk of Americans, but nobody bats an eye. Binging a game really hard for a week and then dropping playing down significantly over the next few weeks is deranged. Lol.

Get over yourself.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
people who work 60+ hours a week are either doing it willingly and thus deranged or are forced into doing so by the ever worsening conditions of capitalism, it’s not comparable you loving idiot

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Does elementalist aspect trigger for say, wizard balls that activate thanks to my ult or do I have to have cast the skill itself?

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Zotix posted:

Is it? 200h of work in 3 weeks is pretty standard for a huge chunk of Americans, but nobody bats an eye. Binging a game really hard for a week and then dropping playing down significantly over the next few weeks is deranged. Lol.

Get over yourself.

Lol what the gently caress are you even on about. Keep posting through it. I’m almost level 80. Game continues to be fun and killing demons with the bros for things that make number go up is a good time. I’ve got enough gear and glyph levels to do either WW or HOTA for my Barb. Shits fun if you don’t play the game an average of 10 hours a day. I’ve got around 4 days played though so I guess I don’t know poo poo.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Zotix posted:

Get over yourself.

When a girl buys a vibrator, its seen as a bit of naughty fun

BUT when a guy orders a 240 Volt FuckMaster Pro 5000 blowup latex doll with 6 speed pulsating vagina, elasticized anus with non-drip semen collection tray, together with optional built in realistic orgasm scream surround sound system, hes called a pervert?

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

runaway dog posted:

I feel like a better analogy would be it's like being an addict and getting some heroin but it's like really lovely and stepped on and you're like this poo poo loving sucks but I'm still going to shoot up the entire batch and then go back and buy more and shoot that up too and do it with a smile on my face, because no other drug hits like heroin, even if its bad heroin.

Its worse. It’s like if all the existing drugs were around and available, but a new one comes out. Let’s call this new drug (for simplicity’s sake) Diablo. Dude hears about Diablo and goes and gets $70 worth. Then, after a 3 week bender (only boofin’ the D 12ish hours a day) he decides to post on a drug forum about how Diablo just isn’t fun after you’ve done it continuously for 3 weeks.

But also, I totally get it. I’ve spent tons of time on games only to eventually realize there’s no satisfying endgame variety. Hell, i tried to for D3 but the servers probably werent even up for 200 hours those first three weeks, lol.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zotix posted:

Get over yourself.

youre loving unhinged dude. really insane poo poo lol. keep it up. respect :cheers:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Zotix posted:

Get over yourself.

Grindset mentality is bad in general but especially when it's about a game you don't even like, do something else

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Also hey sorry to butt in on the debate over whether time investment correlates with game quality, but I see that D2R is on sale on the bnet store. 13 bucks. I picked that up even if I might not play it for a while.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

SettingSun posted:

Also hey sorry to butt in on the debate over whether time investment correlates with game quality, but I see that D2R is on sale on the bnet store. 13 bucks. I picked that up even if I might not play it for a while.

It’s fun as hell to run through with a friend or two man. Me and a buddy bridged the gap between beta and release with D2R. Ended up with a level 70 something Barb and cleared hell Baal.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

SettingSun posted:

Oh nice. Thanks!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
My dumbass blood-tide necro has a golden skull hat (power lvl 666) and a flayed corpse for armour, dunno how I'm gonna top this.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Diablo 1 is also on gog for $8 right now.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

My dumbass blood-tide necro has a golden skull hat (power lvl 666) and a flayed corpse for armour, dunno how I'm gonna top this.

You can't. Better just trade in the game now that we know it's secretly bad.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Maybe the real Diablos were the Sean Penns we met along the way

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Rogue buddies: which glyphs do you use? I've been using the ones that increase the bonus of rare and magic nodes since there's usually a glyph slot within reach of those rares. Likewise with magic nodes.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Exploiter for vulnerable damage for sure.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Is item quality determined solely by where it drops or does character level have an impact? E.g. if a level 10 gets carried through a WT4 dungeon, can they get item power 800 drops with a required level of 10?

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

does cold resist change how fast you get actually frozen? Cold elites can completely chain freeze me and totally lock me down now. "All elites are cold enchanted" is an instant salvage for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Zotix posted:

Get over yourself.

lmao