Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
ngl the thought of looking at the titantic while taking a poo poo sounds pretty cool

dying a horrible death 2 miles under ocean does not sound cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/poppymasselos/status/1671176383048081408?s=20

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Das Groverboot

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1671192620155162625

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wear a helmet, put on a seatbelt, outfit your deep sea submersible with equipment you didn’t just find at a flea market, blah blah blah

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

starting to seem like a few google searches would have told people that going to the titanic in hubris man's submarine was a bad idea.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Safety? Who needs it, just don't be stupid
Insurance? gently caress it, just a waste of money
Health coverage? Just don't get sick
Regulations? Just government fat cats getting in the way
Laws? Pff, don't get caught
Retirement? Eh, never gonna retire, gonna stay young and invincible forever

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:ironicat:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If these people were farmers they would eat the entire harvest and then be like "welp, guess we gotta go buy some more seed corn at retail"

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/carlbeijer/status/1671155238450130945?s=46&t=dQl6Iu6Wmq7antcZ30Prgw

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
nothing like watching some company/person that i never knew existed get publicly destroyed in real-time because of something incredibly stupid they did multiple times before :allears:

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I can't get over the fact that according to David Pogue, the journalist who did a story on the company a few years back, they "considered" adding a beacon after the sub got lost for five hours but didn't actually do it.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I can't get over the fact that according to David Pogue, the journalist who did a story on the company a few years back, they "considered" adding a beacon after the sub got lost for five hours but didn't actually do it.

what about david pogue literally not mentioning this tidbit in their news report? jfc.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

waffle iron posted:

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1671257730646958084

It disables all the attention monitoring/warnings/alerts.

lol this looks like a Gran Turismo UI

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
I guess wealth does trickle down

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Please, God, I have never asked You for anything before in my life, but please, please let this be true.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elom go rescue them in your iron man suit (cyber truck) !!!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

does Elon still have the James Bond submarine car?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
OceanGate. As in the side of the submarine opened up like a gate and let the ocean in.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You call that a "titanic controller"? Have you never seen an x-box?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

On Earth as it is in Hell.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Imagine being on one of those rescue missions and having to risk your life to save some douche bags

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
looks peaceful down there, just floating or sinking I guess

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Alive or dead, if they recover the sub the inside of that sub is liable to look like something out of Event Horizon's crew logs if that's true.

I wouldn't want to hear Celine Dion on repeat for even 1 hour, never mind 96 or whatever number it is.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

don't feel bad for the crew, if they're still in there they probably passed out or died from carbon monoxide poisoning long ago

but those speakers are still playing celine dion on loop, and a bunch of naval officers at reconnaissance stations have to keep listening for days until the battery finally runs out

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

big nipples big life posted:

starting to seem like a few google searches would have told people that going to the titanic in hubris man's submarine was a bad idea.

I wish the ancient Greeks could know about this, they'd laugh their togas off

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1671269223836909569?t=BxBA9k7ixx9fABXw2MDG_w&s=19

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

The Easter Egg in that article is the author himself complaining about FSD not working properly for himself when he's wearing a baseball cap.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

I looked at a submarine tweet and got hit with blaring audio from an ad. I don't usually use twitter but is this normal? I thought the world got together and eliminated the idea of Internet ads with auto playing audio like 20 years ago.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The answer here is, "internet at that depth not possible to deliver except either comedy sonar option or via bluegreen laser," which should beget an interesting set of talking points and possible satellite improvements considering what I've posted itt so far.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Having to hear that loving song once, not to mention over and over, would be pretty hellish for me.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

lol onion always delivers a good laugh

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Would Nearer My God To Thee have been a little too on the nose

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Further Reading posted:

I looked at a submarine tweet and got hit with blaring audio from an ad. I don't usually use twitter but is this normal? I thought the world got together and eliminated the idea of Internet ads with auto playing audio like 20 years ago.

I have some shocking news for you about Twitter

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

priznat posted:

The wildest thing about that article is that he "started as a masseuse" and "had an eye for gems"

What the heck

Donnie Dicko

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Please, God, I have never asked You for anything before in my life, but please, please let this be true.

Only if it's the kazoo/lovely recorder version that always gets played on tiktok fail videos

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This is too poetic to be reality

Man builds submarine, fires safety engineer who says it will sink, claims safety regulations are for chumps and he's too smart for his sub to sink
->
Man offers submarine tours of a boat that famously sank after ignoring its safety engineers and declaring itself unsinkable
->
Passengers all die while listening to a looped repeat of the soundtrack from the movie where this exact same thing happened

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Data Graham posted:

I have some shocking news for you about Twitter

Just when I thought I understood how bad it is I learn I can still be surprised by its awfulness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You all are making fun of these sub guys are so sick, cannot believe you would callously disregard life like this, all for a 1 in a million accidenct.

You fools! Make it sound like a fluke and we could convince Elon to get on one of his lovely rockets to prove how safe they are