Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
then :filez: the original D2 and LoD, it’s a little crusty but still a goated game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
you guys want to know what a really good game is

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I figure most things that get goated end up a little crusty

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
kirby

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

then :filez: the original D2 and LoD, it’s a little crusty but still a goated game

this. please do not play it without lod hwoever lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I thought D2 was alright when I played it as a kid but I uninstalled it for SMAC and MW2 Mercs

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
diablo 2 is good... diablo 1 too

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

D1's an interest fork from roguelike design

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Stux posted:

this. please do not play it without lod hwoever lol
The patch before D2:LoD, along with the expansion itself, really fundamentally changed the game, as I recall.

I have vague memories of preferring the pre-patch+expansion game at least up until one of the last big patches, which fixed a lot of small annoyances.

Runa posted:

D1's an interest fork from roguelike design
It's almost a 1:1 recreation of rogue, yeah - even down to the cardinal and diagonal directions you can move in, how monsters move, room layout, and everything else.
There's just a prettier UI on top of it, as compared with the original:

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 21, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ahh fresh meat

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Stay a while and listen, bitch

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Runa posted:

I thought D2 was alright when I played it as a kid but I uninstalled it for SMAC and MW2 Mercs

Hard to argue against making room for MW2 Mercs

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Is d4 more or less like d2 than PoE? I put up with how PoE is because it's stayed the closest to feeling like new d2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

diablo 2 is good... diablo 1 too

This. I’ve only played like 10 minutes of 3 and none of 4

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stux posted:

just going by the facts. all the ppl mad about the game in the games thread are d3 players losing their minds at having to put a build together and complaining that blizzard made the game harder to waste their time lol

They’re so stupid. 4 is 3 taken to the level of an insulting joke. You never know with Games posters.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
im not going to play any of these games. instead, maybe i will start a new Elden Ring playthrough mayhaps?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

surc posted:

Is d4 more or less like d2 than PoE? I put up with how PoE is because it's stayed the closest to feeling like new d2

It’s way less.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lady Radia posted:

im not going to play any of these games. instead, maybe i will start a new Elden Ring playthrough mayhaps?

Log on Street Fighter 6 NOW.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

ahh fresh meat

no hurt no kill gharbad

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

The patch before D2:LoD, along with the expansion itself, really fundamentally changed the game, as I recall.

I have vague memories of preferring the pre-patch+expansion game at least up until one of the last big patches, which fixed a lot of small annoyances.

I believe it was a patch after LoD that completely upended the game balance. Skill synergies, monster elemental immunities and completely randomizing enemy pools in act 5 NM/hell. Cool stuff though it made trying to ssf hell without knowing a build a fuckin ordeal.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i liked doing inventory tetris, i should play D2 again

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wormskull posted:

They’re so stupid. 4 is 3 taken to the level of an insulting joke. You never know with Games posters.

?? are we playiong the same game lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stux posted:

?? are we playiong the same game lol

Why would I play that trash.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Wormskull posted:

Seems like the answer is “to get mad at it” if these forums tell me anything

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i would never self harm by playing a bad game and then publicly cope posting about how the game is good actually

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

if you dont play and complain about bad games you wont have an outlet for your gamer rage

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

VostokProgram posted:

if you dont play and complain about bad games you wont have an outlet for your gamer rage

What am I supposed to do if I have abnormally low levels of gamer rage

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

You could get beat because of a dropped input in a good game like a fighting game for example and let out some healthy teachable moment style rage instead.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Wormskull posted:

You could get beat because of a dropped input in a good game like a fighting game for example and let out some healthy teachable moment style rage instead.

every time someone hovers the quit button for a few seconds after losing 1 game i call it pulling a fluffdaddy now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

every time someone hovers the quit button for a few seconds after losing 1 game i call it pulling a fluffdaddy now

I haven’t seen it in a while unfortunately. 😒

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Grassy Knowles posted:

What am I supposed to do if I have abnormally low levels of gamer rage

talk to your doctor if you havent thrown a controller at the screen in the last 24 hours

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Wormskull posted:

Log on Street Fighter 6 NOW.

I KEEP FORGETTING gently caress gently caress

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wormskull posted:

makes about as much sense as if i said sf6 is just sf5 and then revealed i hadnt played it. but more power to you lol :cheers:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stux posted:

makes about as much sense as if i said sf6 is just sf5 and then revealed i hadnt played it. but more power to you lol :cheers:

I have played it, but why would I continue after giving it a try. It’s rear end.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
the only diablo I have played is soma bringer for the nintendo ds (tm)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You think it’s different because Blizzard was right to try and trick people by letting them choose from a skill tree again. It makes the whole game different doesn’t it dude. Lmfao. Bro, my level 37 primal legend sword just droppe—Bro, my level 38 primal legend sword just drop—BRO! this is insane! Plus 36058 DPS? Say hello to my new level 39 primal legend sword.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aids

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sorry. No one talks in Imp Zone anymore. :D

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this man does not post with joy in his heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wormskull posted:

You think it’s different because Blizzard was right to try and trick people by letting them choose from a skill tree again. It makes the whole game different doesn’t it dude. Lmfao. Bro, my level 37 primal legend sword just droppe—Bro, my level 38 primal legend sword just drop—BRO! this is insane! Plus 36058 DPS? Say hello to my new level 39 primal legend sword.

games tier post of inventing what you think the game u decided u hate is like not realising its divorced from reality lmao