Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Jestery posted:

Lol, I guess I'm having fun the wrong way
:shrug:

As a fellow grenade spammer - you do you, mate :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
The right way to play is apparently camping bushes in ranked 24/7 until you hit Unreal
https://twitter.com/AussieAntics/status/1669476555079434241

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
At least BushCampDad is honest about their cheating ways. Unlike every single person that has killed me the last few weeks that somehow have legendary guns every time :argh:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

parasyte posted:

The right way to play is apparently camping bushes in ranked 24/7 until you hit Unreal
https://twitter.com/AussieAntics/status/1669476555079434241

There's no cowardice in hiding!

Also Ranked is now gone as of today. Does anyone know if it's coming back soon? I want my Silver II purgatory to continue.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

1glitch0 posted:

There's no cowardice in hiding!

"Discretion, is the better part of valour." :wotwot:

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
For some reason ranked set the servers on fire this update for reasons only Epic can know. It'll be back, probably. Eventually.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

We should've known this season would be borked with the new fire emote the server team unlocked.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Really hope the hammer return rumors are true.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

parasyte posted:

For some reason ranked set the servers on fire this update for reasons only Epic can know. It'll be back, probably. Eventually.

It's back! if case anyone was sad like me.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Love having my save the world rewards go away, buying v bucks for the first time in months, and have the store error out. PSN gave epic my $8 bucks, but it’s been 24 hours and no v bucks have been added. I want the drat battle pass!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

LionArcher posted:

Love having my save the world rewards go away, buying v bucks for the first time in months, and have the store error out. PSN gave epic my $8 bucks, but it’s been 24 hours and no v bucks have been added. I want the drat battle pass!

Contact customer support for psn and epic. Something def went wrong if it didn’t add right away.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yesterday I had a match where I landed next to a normal chest, and it gave me a legendary flapjack. This whole time I swore everyone was just upgrading their weapons to max in the first minute like lunatics. The balance in this game is insane.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hrist posted:

Yesterday I had a match where I landed next to a normal chest, and it gave me a legendary flapjack. This whole time I swore everyone was just upgrading their weapons to max in the first minute like lunatics. The balance in this game is insane.

Can't have rng without including both ends of the bell curve

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Is anyone else having an obnoxiously sweaty season in ZB quads? The casual players seem MIA.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
It has been very sweaty for me and my friend group as well.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Solos have been incredibly sweaty for me all season 😞

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Personally, I think the current guns in rotation punish you more for bad gameplay. The Havoc shotty is a two shot at most when used properly, the dmr is pretty powerful and super easy to use, and the auto guns (rifle and smg) are all pretty good as well. In addition, without any movement gear it feels like you are forced to fight rather than running as an option.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The people I play against are sweatier for sure. But the thing is, this is also the first time since C3S4 that I've had fun and had a bunch of wins pretty regularly. I couldn't stand the last few seasons. But this one right away felt like back when I was having fun again. So I'll put up with a loby of 60% ironic defaults with past BP backblings and gimps if it means I can enjoy the game at all.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I haven’t touched this season at all because of Zelda and now final fantasy and also the battle pass doesn’t interest me but I did buy the Ciri and Yennifer packs because of course I did.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’ve felt the movement sting more from being unable to close in fast than from not being able to run.

By the time we can close in to finish a squad, another squad is third partying us.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’ve felt the movement sting more from being unable to close in fast than from not being able to run.

By the time we can close in to finish a squad, another squad is third partying us.

This. I carry long range to distract while I rush. It's been a hard season.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I've liked this season and no movement is a fun change of pace

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
I’m on StW about 90% of the time I’m playing nowadays, just drop in zero build solos occasionally to check off a lot of quests.

Gotta grind the new ventures for the hero supercharger and tickets to complete my TRO Farrah loadout.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Engineer Lenk posted:

I’m on StW about 90% of the time I’m playing nowadays, just drop in zero build solos occasionally to check off a lot of quests.

Gotta grind the new ventures for the hero supercharger and tickets to complete my TRO Farrah loadout.

I'm not a big fan of this ventures season so far.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Overall I feel the same and the shockwaves definitely help, but I feel like squads is very boom or bust unless you want to play extremely cautious.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah I also hated people hecking off when I got them to 2 health. So it's a trade-off.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

MarcusSA posted:

I'm not a big fan of this ventures season so far.

Not my favorite season either, but outlander + turret + teddy + shock tower has made low level progression pretty easy running happy holidays since cooldowns are already reduced (keeping fallen love ranger jonesy in support with fuel for the fallen). I think there’s also a near-zero cooldown minigun loadout that basically evaporates crowds once you get a few kills to jumpstart your energy, if the zero damage bug from last season got fixed.

Engineer Lenk fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 24, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sucks if this rumor is true
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1673321654087237635?t=m8wnVxFSiUBXW6d0cXl-Ug&s=19

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

They probably want to time it to the release ofa new (dr. Who) season

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

They probably want to time it to the release ofa new (dr. Who) season

The fortnite x Dr Who collab is supposed to reference the new Christmas Dr Who special that has Tennant and the next doctor iteration.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

police box > changing booth

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fortnite update today with 2 new weapons, 6 new augments, 1 new medical item, tons of quests, summer event starts the 4th of July, and new cosmetics including a new collab.
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1673618507462746112?t=_BTHAI1-_4E81QVMbfOp7w&s=19

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol lowering the breacher structures damage from 759 to 255 makes that gun absolutely useless

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol lowering the breacher structures damage from 759 to 255 makes that gun absolutely useless

The shotgun?

So not only does it have a terribly short, finite range, it has less ability to do the bloody thing it's named for?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Does that damage nerf apply to ZB too? If so, then you can't even use it in the jungle to blast the villages apart.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Andrigaar posted:

Does that damage nerf apply to ZB too? If so, then you can't even use it in the jungle to blast the villages apart.

Yep.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

It's also the only gun I ever get from exotic grabbag. I would carry it when I had an empty slot to just tear down buildings until I realized how much ammo I was blowing through.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

My favorite thing todo with the breacher was poppin' open slurp barrels.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Dead Nerve posted:

My favorite thing todo with the breacher was poppin' open slurp barrels.

It was good for the vaults where you can break the floors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Does anyone know when the boomerang is coming back?