Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Captain Foo posted:

AIV has splash damage in BTA you usually get some value out of it but i usually put my artillery in the vehicle slots

all i know about arrow iv is in mechwarrior 2 you could shoot one and the enemy mech would instantly turn red and its arms would fall off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

even reading these posts about descent is making me seasick

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roosevelt posted:

all i know about arrow iv is in mechwarrior 2 you could shoot one and the enemy mech would instantly turn red and its arms would fall off

it's not nearly that powerful in BTA

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

psiox posted:

ever since i started using steam's built-in gyros-to-{mouse,joystick} input crap i have been absolutely shocked at how much more playable and enjoyable traditionally keyboard/mouse games can be with a gamepad. honestly feels like one of the best and unmarketed things out there in steam

ive had friends complain about stuff like that not working but everything ive used has been pretty plug and play

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

psiox posted:

ever since i started using steam's built-in gyros-to-{mouse,joystick} input crap i have been absolutely shocked at how much more playable and enjoyable traditionally keyboard/mouse games can be with a gamepad. honestly feels like one of the best and unmarketed things out there in steam

the gyro assisted aiming in zelda is amazing and I am consistently surprised more games don't try to do it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The Fool posted:

the gyro assisted aiming in zelda is amazing and I am consistently surprised more games don't try to do it

it was pretty good on the 3ds even, if you turned the 3d off (or have a "new 3ds")

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

polyester concept posted:

do you still need to use that big screen mode in steam to take advantage of those controller settings? last time i tried it was the only option

that was never the case, the UI was just an incoherent mess and would open up the Big Picture interface in a window for all the Steam Input settings

with the new version of the client, they've re-done all of it to be much more coherent

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'll always remember the mech i had in MW2 that had eight ER PPCs mounted and would immediately self-destruct if i pressed p to alpha

pyrrhic victory is still victory dammit

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ciaphas posted:

i'll always remember the mech i had in MW2 that had eight ER PPCs mounted and would immediately self-destruct if i pressed p to alpha

pyrrhic victory is still victory dammit

that's why you type cmd-shift-alt MIGHTYMOUSE to turn off heat

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

that's why you type cmd-shift-alt MIGHTYMOUSE to turn off heat
sage wisdom that i wish i'd known back in the day :eng99:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Sagebrush posted:

if you like that you may also like the soundtrack album that comes with the DCS F-14 simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUlN7ez2VTc

king poo poo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ciaphas posted:

sage wisdom that i wish i'd known back in the day :eng99:

MIGHTYMOUSE might have been the unlimited jump jets

CIA was infinite ammo and BLORB was invincibility

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

did anyone here play through THE MEDIUM, I liked the look of the dual-world gimmick but the gameplay even in trailers etc. looked a little anaemic. It's on some decent deals rn but no deal is good for a bad game.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

honestly love satisfactory

kind of had my time of it, but was one of the last games to keep my up till 2am

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
been playing it for years and I think when my youungest was 9?? maybe 10 he was playing it and it amazed me the complexity they managed to get to

bases absolutely spag bolognese levels of spaghetti but it worked

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

it’s why it appeals to devs

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

did anyone here play through THE MEDIUM, I liked the look of the dual-world gimmick but the gameplay even in trailers etc. looked a little anaemic. It's on some decent deals rn but no deal is good for a bad game.
i've played the first hour or so. it's ok, a bit eurojanky. i bounced off but i think the game hadn't fully opened up yet in terms of mechanics. the core gimmick might be enough to save it for you.

it's an ideal gamepass type game.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i think overall i like totk about as much as botw but i miss the guardians a whole lot. the anxiety piano that started playing when one was nearby. how they felt like death machines until you got the parry timing mastered. constructs don’t really provide as much variety from the usual *oblin and lizals

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

jesus WEP posted:

i think overall i like totk about as much as botw but i miss the guardians a whole lot. the anxiety piano that started playing when one was nearby. how they felt like death machines until you got the parry timing mastered. constructs don’t really provide as much variety from the usual *oblin and lizals

the replacement for guardians is gloom hands

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also I killed the most dangerous creature I've seen yet, the king gleeok that lives underneath typhlo ruins. super super fun fight, rewards were p deece too

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

ganondork

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

get his rear end

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Armitag3 posted:

it’s why it appeals to devs

games like factorio and satisfactory don't do it for me, i've watched a fair amount of youtubers play them to know this. it just feels like you are always waiting to unlock the next tier of thing so that you can get material a little faster, but the next tier is scaled so that you never really feel true progress. i know that's not the entire game and i see how people get into making the perfect optimized system, but ehhh.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I don’t want to finish TotK but all that is left is lynel and dragon part farming and fighting lynels isn’t particularly fun.

gleeoks are a joke after you down your first… but they still take too long, so im not going to kill 3 of them to get the last 3 sage’s will

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
final fantasy tomorrow...

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

polyester concept posted:

games like factorio and satisfactory don't do it for me, i've watched a fair amount of youtubers play them to know this. it just feels like you are always waiting to unlock the next tier of thing so that you can get material a little faster, but the next tier is scaled so that you never really feel true progress. i know that's not the entire game and i see how people get into making the perfect optimized system, but ehhh.

the number go up style of games scratch an itch but arent really satisfying to play, at least for me

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

super mario rpg is getting a remake

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the point of factorio and satisfactory isnt number go up, its about designing the best system to make number go up. they're puzzle games

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
plus combat in factorio and exploration in satisfactory

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

if you like rimworld and crusader kings and wish that there was a mashup of the two then you're in for a treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1llrq5tCmWI

actually looks pretty good and like there's a fair amount of depth - i will probably check this out when it's released

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also building complex train networks

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

quiggy posted:

i never understood why smrpg got so little attention. I've always adored that game and I might honestly buy a console for the remake if it seems good

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Corla Plankun posted:

i never understood why smrpg got so little attention. I've always adored that game and I might honestly buy a console for the remake if it seems good

it came out right before the big square/nintendo breakup so i think it got stuck in licensing hell for a while, which is why it went paper mario for a bit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

quiggy posted:

:aaaaa:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Shaggar posted:

also building complex train networks
i like trains in satisfactory but placing straight tracks without tediously laying down foundation everywhere is hard, so all my railways are weirdly curvy motion sickness generators

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
[in charles martinet] oof

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

lol

haveblue posted:

[in charles martinet] oof

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004