Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Actually it'd be amazing if they added a whole section of floating islands where you can go up high enough that the skybox changes to space and the gravity is low. New armor available, gravity boots. The temperature is good though

If you've never seen it, in BOTW, there was no height limit, so you could use the moonjump glitch to reach "space".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr_5V3vt_Pg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

space uncle posted:

Yea the Dragon compendium says it is very rare to see one, so I guess normies can’t see them for some reason.

Gruckles posted:

I think an NPC mentions the dragons, but they only saw one when they were a child. They've got that "only visible to the pure of heart" fairy thing going on.

Icedude posted:

There's also the guy standing right next to Kakariko Village Chasm who says "Isn't it weird how the wind just mysteriously picks up like this sometimes? I wonder what causes that?" when Naydra is literally right in front of his face

On re-reading, this doesn't actually disprove anything said, but still it doesn't seem super rare

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
People just don't look up very much.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm doing the Dragon's Tears quest and have done 11 of the 12, and I know where the 12th is supposed to be, but it is simply not showing up at all? I am 100% certain I've done the first 11 and in order. I've even completed the shrine near where it is supposed to be but I cannot find it. What is happening?

he;lp

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm doing the Dragon's Tears quest and have done 11 of the 12, and I know where the 12th is supposed to be, but it is simply not showing up at all? I am 100% certain I've done the first 11 and in order. I've even completed the shrine near where it is supposed to be but I cannot find it. What is happening?

he;lp

Its supposed to just be in the middle of the center part of the ring. It doesn't have a glyph associated.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shiroc posted:

Its supposed to just be in the middle of the center part of the ring. It doesn't have a glyph associated.

It’s absolutely not ther
Edit: apparently after the 11th tear’s scene there is supposed to be a cutscene showing you where it is, but I didn’t get that?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

he;lp

Did you get a cutscene showing where it is?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

HPanda posted:

Did you get a cutscene showing where it is?

Nope

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Do you have the master sword?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
If you didn't get the cutscene, you either missed something or have a terrible glitch.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

HPanda posted:

No

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Pretty sure you need it, given the nature of the scene.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

HPanda posted:

I got that before finishing the tears quest and didn't change anything for me. Gatos you gotta be missing a glyph somewhere

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

HPanda posted:

Pretty sure you need it, given the nature of the scene.

As far as I know it's 10,000 years in the past :confused:

Edit: I think I know... I havent done the 4th temple yet (lightning)

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Go to where you got it in BotW. That starts a thing.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

HPanda posted:

Ah

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Edit: I think I know... I havent done the 4th temple yet (lightning)

You should know, I had only done two temples when I did the quest. You don't have to do the temples. Post a picture or list of the scenes you got maybe

HPanda posted:

I did not do this either. In fact I didn't go to that area until after I had gotten the final quest

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
The temples won’t be needed for it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You don't need to do any of that. I did all the glyphs with none of those things and got the 12th. Post a picture of your map with 11 glyphs on it.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Macaluso posted:

You should know, I had only done two temples when I did the quest. You don't have to do the temples. Post a picture or list of the scenes you got maybe

I did not do this either. In fact I didn't go to that area until after I had gotten the final quest

It’s possible to get the thing without going to the forest, but the forest does direct you to exactly where it is.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I accidentally got the Master Sword before doing a single Temple.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also, and i'm not being snide here, did you watch the videos from the glyphs? Cause that gives you a huge indicator of where to go next.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I only had two temples down at the time, so yup, temples not needed for it.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Also, and i'm not being snide here, did you watch the videos from the glyphs? Cause that gives you a huge indicator of where to go next.

I had fun hunting these down using a photo of the in-game glyph map and hitting sky view towers at night to look for the glow.

MrBlarney
Nov 8, 2009
Also, if you're counting the number of Dragons Tears videos from the Adventure Log, note that there are more videos than Dragon's Tears; at least one video will be from other story sequences. If you took a picture of the Tear locations from the Forgotten Temple, be sure to cross-reference it with the Geoglyphs that are shown on your pad's map to make sure they line up completely.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Or just count that there are 11 white glyphs on your map.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

HPanda posted:

I had fun hunting these down using a photo of the in-game glyph map and hitting sky view towers at night to look for the glow.

I forgot about that big ol' map my first time through, and spent a bunch of time doing tactical sky espionage to track them down. Honestly I kinda like that better.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
This spirit temple boss is pretty awful, so of course they decided to give it two phases so it could go on way, too long. For something that should've been really fun I'm just not feeling it for some reason.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

doesn't it tell you how many geoglyphs you have left in your adventure log?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

PageMaster posted:

This spirit temple boss is pretty awful, so of course they decided to give it two phases so it could go on way, too long. For something that should've been really fun I'm just not feeling it for some reason.

It's much better when you just have to fight it as Link.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

PageMaster posted:

Aside from traversal uses, the mech and Zonai builds meant to hurt enemies never really seemed worth it to me (but I never got to the level of creativity of murder corrals though)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's a pretty meh boss fight but it doesn't take long.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I really enjoyed that cage match fight though I thought it was real fun.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Runcible Cat posted:

We're all ignoring the true Sage of Timey-Wimey Bullshit, the dude who cleared out Link's extradimensional wardrobe and dumped the contents in dozens of chests in caves all over Hyrule long enough ago that his signal banners are all manky and faded and his exploits are the stuff of rumour; Misko the Fashion Bandit.

Well if you have the Triforce you get to make wishes like that.

On the wind, you can hear their song...

K O O L O O L I M P A H

D O N' T S T E A L T H E M

When Link went to the nightmare land of Terminus, he... brought something back.

Something bad.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Finally put a pin in the game after 180 hours. Incredible game but it's wierd it's all in the exploring. Everything mainline quest (or even sidequest related), and main setpieces/temples/etc. just seemed purposely tedious, or involved things that just felt like they were there to waste time (find the opening or cliff you need to get to. Go here but we're going to take away the ability to do so with towers/gliding/etc.) to the point where you just break out the hoverbike to just be done with it. Even the final run to the boss, and then the last phase of the last boss I was just ready for it to be over, and I'll definitely go hunting for the last shrines, but probably not a game I would ever come back and replay.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Post yer maps.

All shrines, all main quests, 55/60 side adventures, 72/139 side quests.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Post yer maps.

All shrines, all main quests, 55/60 side adventures, 72/139 side quests.

All shrines and main quests, 40 side adventures, .....31 side quests :v:

The hero's path up in the sky is pretty funny looking. Overall, I didn't use that feature nearly as much as in BotW - it was useful in the sky, but the interplay between shrines and lightroots helped me do much more shrine questing on my own, which I liked overall.

I also used a ton more stamps than I ever did in BotW. It started in the Depths, where I just had a big circuit of minibosses to fight after blood moons, but I also did a much better job marking resources and stuff overall than in the first game.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 21, 2023

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I'm starting to feel bad killing Froxes. They're just chilling down there in the dark looking hilarious when some short dude, a huge robot, and four ghosts roll up out of nowhere, looking to harvest them for parts.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tokelau All Star posted:

I'm starting to feel bad killing Froxes. They're just chilling down there in the dark looking hilarious when some short dude, a huge robot, and four ghosts roll up out of nowhere, looking to harvest them for parts.

They're a frox, what are they even gonna do with crystalized charges :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Maps! You can kinda tell some places where I could just not figure out the puzzle.

You know I never pressed Y in hero's path mode before. That makes it so much more readable. How have I not been to all these places.

69.42% completion, 52/60 side adventures, 79/139 side quests. My compendium looks like poo poo though. :(

I'm relieved to see y'all haven't found a way into that one chunk of the depths either.