Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Astro7x posted:

I don’t understand the hype for LA Knight.

Good talker. Yet to see him do anything to wow me ring work wise in WWE

That’s kind of always been his deal. He was super entertaining in the NWA if you can believe that!

I wish they didn’t pipe in crowd noise so much, it’d be nice to know how much of that reaction is actually real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

That’s kind of always been his deal. He was super entertaining in the NWA if you can believe that!

I wish they didn’t pipe in crowd noise so much, it’d be nice to know how much of that reaction is actually real.

It's all real, just like Dom's heat.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kvantum posted:

Somehow he found a way to sound like The Rock doing a Stone Cold impression doing an impression of The Rock.

My god, that's exactly it....

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was surprised Austin Theory wasn't in the ring when he mentioned someone making videos for 14 year old girls

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

It's all real, just like Dom's heat.

post through it…

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Dom deniers are like the guys who don’t like Punk 🤣

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Imo the Dom heat during the Rey and Bad Bunny feud was real. Everything after is questionable. I do believe it's a combo of actual heel heat and people that think he just sucks though

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Has Dom developed the ability to do basic wrestling moves without looking like his soul wants to leave his body?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dom has gotten better yeah.

I like LA Knight and I'm not sure why or how. But I like listening to him talk and doing catchphrase and callback stuff. YEAH

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's funny how LA Knight got over by being in a Bray Wyatt feud, which led to kids paying attention to him and liking what they heard.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

During his first FCW run I remember a guy on the boards I was on who would constantly post how hyped he was that Shaun Ricker got signed to WWE and that if they gave him a chance he'd be huge. I hope that dude is happy right now.

Kennedy comparison is pretty decent, actually, but I like LA Knight a little more than I did Kennedy. I mostly remember him leaving TNA over Tessa's title win, I think? Seems like the dude just had a big mouth that kept getting him into trouble, though it's working for him now. He's cool, the throwback stuff is cool.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Dom was much better when people weren't reacting to him. Being a slimey little useless weasel really worked for him. But now people seem to genuinely dislike him, and are reacting to him, which is like getting really angry about a slug. They don't even have a garden the slug is eating. They haven't stepped on the slug while in socks. They're just getting really angry at a slug.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I mostly remember him leaving TNA over Tessa's title win, I think?

He didn't have a problem with the win, he thought it was legit cool for a company to give its world title to a woman (which it is, see also GCW doing it for Masha), but they booked a defense against him and he just wasn't okay with himself doing intergender wrestling matches and publicly said so, which they really didn't like the him going public about it part

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only thing to remember about LA Knight's original NXT run was that his name was Slate Randall and he never made TV

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dom being over is really the proof for me that nothing is really wrong with WWE anymore but the product is not what I'm looking for. He's obviously over, people love it, him and Rhea have absolutely hit being mainstream famous, and I just have zero interest and it's not what I'm looking for in wrestling. More power to all the women I know who have recently gotten into wrestling because Rhea Ripley is really hot to them.

you and I have extremely different definitions of the term "mainstream famous"

bartok
May 10, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

mainstream famous is your coworker asking if John Cena still wrestles

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
If you've hit mainstream famous that means someone on the street that doesn't watch wrestling is going to recognize you and I really doubt that's Dom or Rhea

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
LA Knight getting over is the most inexplicable thing to me

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Mainstream famous means you have attracted the mythical "casual viewers" to your company's product, which I don't really see either (or both) Dom or Rhea as having done

Also: Domorrhea cha-cha-cha *Beavis and Butt-Head laughter*

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

For wrestling I assume anyone who my non-wrestling friends ask me about unprompted is blowing up. I've heard a lot about Rhea lately.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

someone on the street that doesnt watch wrestling might be aware of rey mysterio so they might have vaguely heard that his son wrestles too

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
do bad bunny fans remember who rhea and dom are

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

People I know who don't watch wrestling definitely asked me "yo who's THAT" when seeing Rhea for the first time. I have no trouble believing she could break into mainstream awareness if she hasn't already.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm not sure even Roman Reigns is legit mainstream famous let alone Rhea and Dom.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rhea is mainstream famous now because of her ig stories

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Really Technically no one is mainstream famous anymore but if you do good TikTok numbers that's similar

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

yea ok posted:

rhea is mainstream famous now because of the iggy, or the office

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Gang I got some good news. Next week Raw Underground is back...on NXT!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dana Brooke just had the most cursed match on NXT with Cora Jade.

It had a fake knee injury to try and garner sympathy for Dana. It backfired horribly. Had a stretcher job where the audience actively rooted for Cora to beat her up more. And during a single leg boston crab, the audience was demanding Dana tap out. Eventually the ref just ended the match, giving the win to Cora.

e: Gable Steveson is on NXT now and got absolutely no reaction lmao

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 21, 2023

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So they spent like 3 or 4 years drafting Gable to Raw every year even though he was never going to show up and then he finally shows up and he's just on NXT anyway

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DarkstarIV posted:

Solution: change his name to pete dunne

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I think every time he has shown up it's been just like tonight's appearance.
Backstage, quick speech to someone and disappear

Also, it's Lash Legend match time! I'm sure DarkstarIV is thrilled

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

Dana Brooke just had the most cursed match on NXT with Cora Jade.

It had a fake knee injury to try and garner sympathy for Dana. It backfired horribly. Had a stretcher job where the audience actively rooted for Cora to beat her up more. And during a single leg boston crab, the audience was demanding Dana tap out. Eventually the ref just ended the match, giving the win to Cora.

You forgot the part where Cora was gonna put Dana in a figure 4 but forgot how to do it so just did the single leg crab instead

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

You forgot the part where Cora was gonna put Dana in a figure 4 but forgot how to do it so just did the single leg crab instead

Wow Shawn Michaels really is teaching them everything he knows

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

zetamind2000 posted:

Solution: change his name to pete dunne

Do you know how long that would take!?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I've seen people bring up Rhea in non-wrestling Discord servers because of her IG and basically every single person thinks she's hot and want to see more

She's well on her way to mainstream stardom. I wouldn't say she's there just yet but I think in due time she'll be mainstream

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I've seen people bring up Rhea in non-wrestling Discord servers because of her IG and basically every single person thinks she's hot and want to see more

She's well on her way to mainstream stardom. I wouldn't say she's there just yet but I think in due time she'll be mainstream

Oh poo poo, is she gonna wrestle Syuri?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Congrats to Rhea for some people online thinking she's hot, but even on the front of "attractive woman with a social media following" she has half as many Instagram followers as Charlotte Flair, who is absolutely not mainstream famous.

Zero wrestlers who rose to prominence after the early Ruthless Aggression era are anywhere close to being mainstream famous

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Congrats to Rhea for some people online thinking she's hot, but even on the front of "attractive woman with a social media following" she has half as many Instagram followers as Charlotte Flair, who is absolutely not mainstream famous.

Zero wrestlers who rose to prominence after the early Ruthless Aggression era are anywhere close to being mainstream famous

there are people who are surprised when they learn that Dave Bautista was a wrestler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Rhea joined WWE after WWE stopped paying for social media followers for their wrestlers.