Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Aright, you sad sacks of poo poo I'm here to bring a ray of sunshine to this thread.

I biked down to the ocean this weekend towing a drat boat I built and then launched it and sailed off into the sunset. Because sure, you can go boating without a car.

That's so cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
Look at that, the hull isn't even painted and yet she cuts a fine figure. No actual sailing pics because I was consumed by the beauty of the moment and trying not to wash up on a lee shore.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
sweet catamaran

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
that's awesome.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the boat rocks

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Suplex Liberace posted:

lol that cross walk sign america is diseased

that ain't america (car is driving on the left), either Engerland or the Anzacs

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Peanut President posted:

that ain't america (car is driving on the left), either Engerland or the Anzacs

The entire Anglosphere is brain damaged

Apr 7, 2003

Feel Good Story of the Week

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Feel Good Story of the Week

why did the tesla not notice the hazard and adjust accordingly?

lmao

Apr 7, 2003

I376 is also one of the most heavily-used freeways in Pennsylvania, that guy is utterly full of poo poo about only going 60mph when he hit that. Over a hundred thousand cars use that freeway a day and they're not all trashing their vehicles.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a huge speedbump on a highway does seem pretty dangerous...

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

lobster shirt posted:

We should add more! Sickos.png

Apr 7, 2003

That's the thing, it ain't that big, guy's full of poo poo about only going 60mph

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

there should be speedbumps on all off-ramps

Apr 7, 2003

lol

federal legislation to make tesla owners a protected class when

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I saw a Tesla force a group of bicyclists to thread the needle between the car and a "Share the road 🚲" construction sign planted in the middle of the bike lane, instead of merging for construction 30 feet early.

I don't know if I hate the car or the MUTCD more.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

thats true

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Over a hundred thousand cars use that freeway a day and they're not all trashing their vehicles.

If it did trash a hundred thousand vehicles a day, it would need thirty-eight years and four months to trash all cars on earth!

Goddamn there's a lot of cars in the world.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AdamSchaffer15/status/1671145754604232709

Apr 7, 2003

Martian posted:

If it did trash a hundred thousand vehicles a day, it would need thirty-eight years and four months to trash all cars on earth!

Goddamn there's a lot of cars in the world.

70-90m built every year lol

Apr 7, 2003

lol further background on the Tesla dipshit is that he knows the bump was there and doesn't think he should have to slow down on a signed interstate for any reason ever. Also the car is owned by his company so insurance covers it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/Dylan_Why_/status/1670151356416655361

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

lol, those little curbs are exactly tall enough to knock you off your bike and exactly short enough to allow a driver to roll over them effortlessly

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they should make the whole road out of speedbump

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Polo-Rican posted:

lol, those little curbs are exactly tall enough to knock you off your bike and exactly short enough to allow a driver to roll over them effortlessly
That's the idea!

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Polo-Rican posted:

there will be plastic posts with reflectors on the rubber curbs once it's complete, but the transit agency couldn't source them so will be putting up temporary flexible plastic posts until they can get the right ones, which are these:
https://www.usreflector.com/k71/

this is going to be a continual problem at the start and end of this center bike lane. the street had a bike lane between the traffic lane and the parking lane already, but they're moving that to a center bike lane for 9 blocks due to the amount of delivery drivers that park in the bike lane to pick up food. but the bike lane continues for like another 5 blocks north and another 5 blocks south of where they are moving it to a center bike lane, so there will be points where cyclists are supposed to transition from a center lane to a right side lane or vice versa. the official sfmta plan at the transition points is that cyclists will stop, get off their bikes, wait for a light change to walk their bikes to the side and then transition to the right side bike lanes. what will really happen is cyclists will have to cross across a lane of traffic when they transition to or from the center bike lane to the right side bike lane

fermun has issued a correction as of 23:07 on Jun 20, 2023

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
I have yet to find a piece of road design where a motorist is expected by the engineers to get out, push their car along for a bit, then get back in.

I see it asked of cyclists on every longer ride I take, of course. Not to mention beg buttons.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SimonSays posted:

I have yet to find a piece of road design where a motorist is expected by the engineers to get out, push their car along for a bit, then get back in.

obviously that would be very ableist

Apr 7, 2003

Was cruising around Google Maps earlier and found this higher rez image of a parking lot in a club area, from a saner time

lol those cars are so loving tiny

Apr 7, 2003

This was only 14 years ago. It's insane how quickly we decided we were all going to drive death tanks and moved on it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
should go take a 2023 shot

Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

should go take a 2023 shot

Apr 7, 2003

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
If gas were more expensive in the US like it is everywhere else we would probably have led the world in electric civilian-owned tanks

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Very few full size trucks compared to where I live. :sad:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mauser posted:

If gas were more expensive in the US like it is everywhere else we would probably have led the world in electric civilian-owned tanks

lol no loving way. Americans can barely afford trucks and yet scales are skyrocketing

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Cool cool, yes I agree very necessary.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Blackhawk posted:

Cool cool, yes I agree very necessary.

In another decade that one on the left will be considered a compact truck, a thing only women drive

Apr 7, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol no loving way. Americans can barely afford trucks and yet scales are skyrocketing

In 2008-09 when gas prices went apeshit, people got out of trucks and SUVs and got into Corollas and Insights and Priuses. Gas-efficient cars have been so stigmatized since then, and truck culture has gotten so integral to the American self-image, that this time around they just flipped credit cards and went on the news to complain about how Joe Biden made them poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Marketeer: you're not manly

American: I will go into lifelong debt and murder my own children to appease you