Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Hey Bam, welcome to the team. Excited to have you anchor our defense. Can you, uh, do that thing where you guard all five positions and all your teammates close on shooters really fast?

Sincerely,
coach billups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

this is a lol
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1671158271783350272

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dexo posted:

Yeah like he was unhappy where he was, asked for a trade and got it. Might end up regretting it, but like once he and Jamal started passively aggressively sub tweeting each other it was best for him to move on and see if he is as good as he thinks he is.

I wouldn't bet on it, but on like the Wizards or another bad team he will get that chance with very little leash.

Not everyone wants or cares about just being on a championship team. Some want to try and play their way and prove they can be great outside of just being a role player. Which is something that I can respect as like hey you are putting your entire rear end out there and like risking your career because teams do not gently caress with irrational confidence guys who might be a cancer who aren't actually that good.

People love a story about a dude betting on himself going out and proving the haters wrong.

People also love the story about the cocky young buck who thinks he's hot poo poo who gets humbled and embarrassed by the bad decisions they made

We'll see which one Bones falls under(I have a pretty good idea lmao word to Dennis Schroeder)
I don’t know, I think sometimes if you’re unhappy where you are that’s just on you. You’re on a winning team, you’re basically the entire bench offense, it’s a good situation for a second year player and if you want to prove you can be great outside of being a role player guess what, you’ve got ample opportunity to do that not just in practice but on the court night in and night out. That’s the situation Bones was in. So just play well instead of feuding with your entire team and getting benched for refusing to play defense. Some unhappy guys might just be morons, it’s possible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fast Luck posted:

I don’t know, I think sometimes if you’re unhappy where you are that’s just on you. You’re on a winning team, you’re basically the entire bench offense, it’s a good situation for a second year player and if you want to prove you can be great outside of being a role player guess what, you’ve got ample opportunity to do that not just in practice but on the court night in and night out. That’s the situation Bones was in. So just play well instead of feuding with your entire team and getting benched for refusing to play defense. Some unhappy guys might just be morons, it’s possible.

Yeah, nah, gently caress that.

If you are unhappy somewhere it is completely within your rights to ask to be traded(or leave your job or whatever). I'm not blaming the Nuggets or anyone, it could very well be all Bones fault(probably is), but sometimes you just don't want to be somewhere, and regardless of reasons or fault. He got what he wanted, now he will see if he can be that dude.

It doesn't matter if you are a "moron" it's still imo the right move for him to get to a place and situation where he's not miserable. Maybe it's all his fault, in which case he's going to be miserable everywhere until he either flames out or finds a place/level of play where he's not unhappy.

Like Bad marriages/partnerships happen, doesn't matter who's fault it is, it's best for all parties to part with each other.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Bones looks dumb because he missed out on the cachet of winning a championship, and also his team won a championship without him. Hopefully he can continue following the Reggie Jackson career arc and get paid to be the pg for a bad but not bad enough to get good draft picks team until the fans riot in frustration

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I hope Bones finds success in the NBA because Bones Hyland is a Sleepy Floyd-tier cool name.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

San Antonio is not just getting a baller, they are getting an Aaron Rodgers from France :wooper:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

surf rock posted:

These are all great points and makes me feel better about the Thompson brothers, but let me add: if the Pistons draft Jarace Walker, please throw me in front of the nearest train

I would rather have Hendricks or even Black (even though I think he's a guard) than Walker

I was talking about him with rick the other day, his point was that he's like baby julius randle and julius had to completely retool his offense to work in the nba. (obv jarace is way better on defense)

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1671320729294364674?s=20

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

this is uncalled for

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I dont really care if ayton stays or not but it's going to be a long rear end season if he sucks.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Woj reporting Charlotte are “focused” on Miller. After getting burned last year on Jabari, I’d be surprised he would say this unless he was confident.

I would hate to be the Blazer GM on Thursday.

https://youtu.be/X_2WlM9ol44

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1671352521158426625?s=20

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
George for the number 3 pick?

Even if you could magically make the cap work I wouldn't do it. Paul George is softer than baby poo poo.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Turns out Denver will not be repeating next year. May as well not even have a season:
https://twitter.com/KyleTheige/status/1671318485509734400
Ant has learned to pass to Rudy. If we counted that bucket along with his regular season assists, that'd make this Ant's 28th dime to Rudy on the year. 82-0, and the apocalypse, can't be far behind.

one of the more credible excuses for running it back with the Wolves was that Ant has literally never played with a lob threat and that it'd take time and focus to develop that eye and those habits. Maybe next they'll learn the pick and roll

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
everyone here should be watching the insanely good sparks vs lynx game

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I have it on, but only a single monitor and am catching up on a day of ball-related news, rumors, and analysis after starting a new gunpla model this evening (The-O is fantastic).

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I’m already dreading the discourse when Miller goes over Scoot but I don’t care at this point, he should be good and valuable and make the Hornets better

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

George for the number 3 pick?

Even if you could magically make the cap work I wouldn't do it. Paul George is softer than baby poo poo.

George's salary makes it difficult as the Blazers have to trade Simons & Nurk to match. I think the Blazers are holding out to not use Simons in a package with #3 to package Simons + 23 for another piece. Everyone throws Simons in a deal, but Simons is too valuable to be a salary match.

The overall framework is likely

Nurk + Little + Keon + 3 for a one of Siakam / Bridges / Zion / Ingram + a pick (e.g., 14 or 21 + 22)

Simons + 23 + RFP + picks from the deal for #3 (if necessary) for something like Porzingis / Anunoby

The dream for me is Zion + Porzingis as I think a Dame / Sharpe / Zion / Grant / Porzingis starting 5 would be an incredible fit even if they only play 20 games a season together. If we make the playoffs and are healthy at that time, we have a chance.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Mean Baby posted:

George's salary makes it difficult as the Blazers have to trade Simons & Nurk to match. I think the Blazers are holding out to not use Simons in a package with #3 to package Simons + 23 for another piece. Everyone throws Simons in a deal, but Simons is too valuable to be a salary match.

Nurk + Little + Keon + 3 for a one of Siakam / Bridges / Zion / Ingram + a pick (e.g., 14 or 21 + 22)

Simons + 23 + RFP + picks from the deal for #3 (if necessary) for something like Porzingis / Anunoby

The dream for me is Zion + Porzingis as I think a Dame / Sharpe / Zion / Grant / Porzingis starting 5 would be an incredible fit even if they only play 20 games a season together. If we make the playoffs and are healthy at that time, we have a chance.

Blazers aren't getting Zion without giving up Scoot, Sharpe, and Simons, imo.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Kibner posted:

I have it on, but only a single monitor and am catching up on a day of ball-related news, rumors, and analysis after starting a new gunpla model this evening (The-O is fantastic).

gotta send pics after or i wont believe u

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mean Baby posted:

“Porzingis” “and are healthy”

gl

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Kibner posted:

Blazers aren't getting Zion without giving up Scoot, Sharpe, and Simons, imo.

Eh. Teams trade contracts, not players.

The Pelicans are looking down the barrel of a gun going into the second apron when Murphy and Jones become eligible RFAs. Scoot is 4 years on the cheap and will contribute day 1. Little and Keon are cheap. Nurk can be flipped with one of NOLA’s many firsts if they want to.

Zion is a distressed asset who is overweight, immature, and injury prone. He might be hinting at wanting out behind the scenes.

The Blazers only consider trading for him because they believe Dame + Nike + Vegan strip clubs can turn his heath around in Portland. A lot of Blazer fans do not want Zion.

It’s a high-risk high-reward play for Portland. For NOLA, it makes a lot of long term sense to build around Scoot Jones Murphy Ingram rather than just Ingram and Zion.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Mean Baby posted:

Eh. Teams trade contracts, not players.

The Pelicans are looking down the barrel of a gun going into the second apron when Murphy and Jones become eligible RFAs. Scoot is 4 years on the cheap and will contribute day 1. Little and Keon are cheap. Nurk can be flipped with one of NOLA’s many firsts if they want to.

Zion is a distressed asset who is overweight, immature, and injury prone. He might be hinting at wanting out behind the scenes.

The Blazers only consider trading for him because they believe Dame + Nike + Vegan strip clubs can turn his heath around in Portland. A lot of Blazer fans do not want Zion.

It’s a high-risk high-reward play for Portland. For NOLA, it makes a lot of long term sense to build around Scoot Jones Murphy Ingram rather than just Ingram and Zion.

The Pels would just keep Zion, in that case. He's not a "distressed asset" lmao. Teams still view him as a possible best player on a championship team kind of guy. The Pels know this and will only trade him for something that fits that valuation.

Or they will just keep him. They aren't trying to dump him. And, if they move him, they are likely going into rebuild mode if they don't get another similar level player back. So, yeah, Scoot, Sharpe, and Simons.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Are the blazers really like... a porzingis away from the playoffs? They were like the 28th best team this year. Zach collins was basically "porzingis at home" too.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Raptors’ Gary Trent Jr. opting into player option: What this means for Toronto

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lady Radia posted:

gotta send pics after or i wont believe u

Too tired to take out the camera for some feet pics, but have this completely awful photo of this just completed Zeong, instead:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Kibner posted:

Too tired to take out the camera for some feet pics, but have this completely awful photo of this just completed Zeong, instead:

hell yeah

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kibner posted:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ben Simmons Off-Season Update Part Deux!!!!
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1671329937708531712

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I think he should probably practice shooting the basketball rather than doing.. split squats with a band? Not sure what is going on here, but I don't like it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nikosoft posted:

I think he should probably practice shooting the basketball rather than doing.. split squats with a band? Not sure what is going on here, but I don't like it.

Look at this poster who has never chopped wood and carried water

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

nikosoft posted:

Doing those butterflies is about strengthening and mobilizing the hip flexors. Weak hip flexors are one of the top causes of back problems. So he's doing what he should be doing

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ben Simmons would later go on to dunk on both white guys in the picture

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

I know the discussion was more last page, but MIA is not trading Bam unless Riley retires the day before lmao

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Dejan Bimble posted:

Doing those butterflies is about strengthening and mobilizing the hip flexors. Weak hip flexors are one of the top causes of back problems. So he's doing what he should be doing

Look, I do a 25 minute workout during my lunch every day with all the other overweight white ladies, and we've never done this poo poo, it doesn't look like a real thing. What if instead he had a basketball in both hands was shooting them at a hoop? Just a thought.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

nikosoft posted:

Look, I do a 25 minute workout during my lunch every day with all the other overweight white ladies, and we've never done this poo poo, it doesn't look like a real thing. What if instead he had a basketball in both hands was shooting them at a hoop? Just a thought.

You've seen plenty of workout footage of Ben Simmons making shots. I think change is good in this context

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Dejan Bimble posted:

Raptors’ Gary Trent Jr. opting into player option: What this means for Toronto

Means they have a decent bench shooter next year. If they're playing for another low-seed playoff run, he's a useful piece. If they wanna blow it up, he should be trade-able at the deadline as long as his 3P% doesn't plummet this season.

It's a bit of a gamble for Trent himself, as he could lock down another 3-4 years at close to the same rate in FA. I guess he's betting that his time in the league and/or an increased cap will get him a better 3-4 year deal next year than he could get this year.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hey fellow pistons fan

Here is my case gainst Cameron Whitmore, he's an undersized small forward who is athletic but has absolutely tiny hands (8x8.25 inches which are the hands of like a 5'7 man). You see the hands in action when he routinely gets stripped in traffic.

He had the worst tunnel vision I remember in a prospect since Hassan Whiteside. His teammates just didn't exist in his mind.

So you have what could be a 25 ppg scorer but who doesn't elevate the team. But since his jumper is so/so he could be a 14 ppg scorer who doesn't elevate his team with the opportunity cost of missing a generational athlete in Amen or a legit two way 3 or 4 in a few other guys.

The Pistons should draft me.

Pros:

Born and raised in Detroit area; have always loved the Pistons
Am 6'5", 250 lbs
Have a can-do attitude
Am willing to do whatever the team asks of me
I enjoy setting screens
GIANT rear end HANDS

Cons:

Am 40 next month
Lingering knee injury from high school years
Jumping skills not what they once were
Have not played basketball for 20 years
Nearsightedness (Would need laser corrective surgery or 80's eyeglass goggles)
As I am 40, it is doubtful i'd play all 82 games in the regular season

But, again, did I mention those GIANT rear end HANDS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Gonz posted:

The Pistons should draft me.

Pros:

Born and raised in Detroit area; have always loved the Pistons
Am 6'5", 250 lbs
Have a can-do attitude
Am willing to do whatever the team asks of me
I enjoy setting screens
GIANT rear end HANDS

Cons:

Am 40 next month
Lingering knee injury from high school years
Jumping skills not what they once were
Have not played basketball for 20 years
Nearsightedness (Would need laser corrective surgery or 80's eyeglass goggles)
As I am 40, it is doubtful i'd play all 82 games in the regular season

But, again, did I mention those GIANT rear end HANDS?

drat bro did u knee injury stop you from hooping earlier?