Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
The amount of calendar time you have to sink to improve units is a drag, but being able to borrow strong units from whales then just mash the FF + auto buttons and then walk away except for a couple "go again" confirms means idgaf.

I can blow through my daily "commitment" to the game with maybe 5 minutes of actual attention paid, and then it's fully my choice whether I mess around with SU/MOC/whatever or just quit out and play something else. And that's probably as good as you could ever expect from a f2p game like this.

King of Bleh fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Holy poo poo. I just got a 4* light cone, a Quinque eidolon and Gepard back to back. I might not pull for Luocha now. Gepard is one of the units I really wanted. Now if I could only be blessed with Pela.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also the TB 50 grind is real. My traces suck and my relics suck so even level appropriate challenges suck. And it takes nearly a full day if energy to grind out 1 set of ascension mats for 1 character, especially these greedy 5 stars.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
We did warn you about that!

I'm not too upset about the grind, should have both teams maxed out in a month or so. Once you're over that hump it's probably a big relief.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I only need about 56 more purple arrowheads until I need some more purple arrowheads.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

King of Bleh posted:

The amount of calendar time you have to sink to improve units is a drag, but being able to borrow strong units from whales then just mash the FF + auto buttons and then walk away except for a couple "go again" confirms means idgaf.

I can blow through my daily "commitment" to the game with maybe 5 minutes of actual attention paid, and then it's fully my choice whether I mess around with SU/MOC/whatever or just quit out and play something else. And that's probably as good as you could ever expect from a f2p game like this.
poo poo, I made the bad decision to play Raid a couple years ago when I was entirely without a computer for a couple months, and while being a structurally similar game in terms of the combat, you had to spend like 1-2 hours to use all the various currencies, do all your dailies and feel like you're progressing

Here it's just 5-10 minutes of autoing poo poo.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Izzhov posted:

Does this mean that if you don't have E1 SW, but do everything else, then she can Ult every other turn?

It looks like it, yeah. Pela can also do an ult every two turns with basic attacks thanks to the event lightcone.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
For the record, things did change massively from cbt2 to cbt 3/1.0

Material fights were daily locked like genshin, relics were 2/4/5 piece bonuses and it was just a straight up 6 relic system.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Tae posted:

For the record, things did change massively from cbt2 to cbt 3/1.0

Material fights were daily locked like genshin, relics were 2/4/5 piece bonuses and it was just a straight up 6 relic system.

:chloe:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

acumen posted:

We did warn you about that!

I'm not too upset about the grind, should have both teams maxed out in a month or so. Once you're over that hump it's probably a big relief.

I'm not really upset, just bitching. My main focus is on SU and I'm literally spinning my wheels until the story patch anyway, so I don't really have anything better to do in the game. I may even stall the next equilibrium just so I can get traced out and grind relics before having to do this again. And it lets me pre grind a bit.

Also I have narrowed my guys into actual teams so I can focus on one group at a time. Makes it easier knowing today is Sushang's day for instance.

Getting Gepard is a blessing actually. As much as I like Serval and Sampo, I may actually like Kafka so now I can bank jade while I decide between the two.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

padijun posted:

I only need about 56 more purple arrowheads until I need some more purple arrowheads.

don't forget you need them for your weapon too! :buddy:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hot drat, I don't think any healer is gonna bitch about this thing. :toot:

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
Today was the first day I didn't have a text from anyone when I logged on :smith:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I hope they keep adding more

even if theres no jade reward at all

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Hot drat, I don't think any healer is gonna bitch about this thing. :toot:

What about when every upgrade goes to attack?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

JT Jag posted:

This game being turn based and the grinding being trivial to auto is the only reason I started playing in the first place

I initially tried it because I was interested in SU, but I've stuck with it largely because the daily grind is so fast and completely painless, yeah. I can burn 18 hours of stamina in roughly 10 minutes, and of that 10 minutes only like 30 seconds of it requires me to be tabbed into the game. Doing the actual daily quests is a sub five minute job and frequently overlaps with burning said stamina. If I feel like playing more I can knock out my SUs or MoC, which require more attention but are weekly or biweekly affairs.

Compared to how many other gacha games I've tried where it can take a couple hours per day to keep up with all the chores, it's an enormously better proposition.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tagichatn posted:

What about when every upgrade goes to attack?

Then I'll taunt people pulling Luocha with it? :v:

E: Actually he'd probably go for the Attack relic set. Oh well.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
For some reason I've spent the TP to A6 Serval and JY while planning to roll Kafka.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Once again people mistakenly thinking that having multiples of the same element is bad instead of good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Eimi posted:

They show V as the last tier so I think 6 purple books for 60 stamina is the best it's ever going to get. :psyduck: Feels so much loving worse than Genshin.

Based off subjective feel, it does seem worse to farm the necessary amount of XP. But I think it's balanced by the actual final ascension being *way* easier. Like incomparably easier. Literally less than a day's fuel at EQ6, compared with a large number of full boss fights + wandering around the world picking up multiple respawn cycles of beetles or whatever in Genshin.

In the longer term I don't think it will be that bad, though. I spent a while focusing on XP the last couple weeks and, on hitting TR60 a couple days ago, was able to get two characters to 80. The battlepass will probably let me get two more. So I'm sure I'll end up with a big "stable" of level 80 characters over time.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Traces are the thing I think feels way worse than the Genshin equivalent.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Traces are the thing I think feels way worse than the Genshin equivalent.
i think they feel way better. a simple per-class mat to farm rather than the 15 million arbitrary books per region from genshin, and enemy mats are way less of a pain to get.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Clarste posted:

Once again people mistakenly thinking that having multiples of the same element is bad instead of good.

But my efficiency... :geno:

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

I mean my other question is what's the trace level for your Clara's ult? In SU especially I find that her health just pingpongs from taking damage then getting healed by passive/Nat healing so that might be what you're missing as well. Outside of SU it's usually March shield/Fireblazer taunt (with ult up) and Nat healing for me.

Oh. Yeah, none of my traces were leveled. That was the one thing I kinda skimped on, and now that I hit TB50 I've been catching up on all my traces.

The health ping-pong-ing kind of makes sense. That makes her 5* cone from the monthly shop quite valuable, huh.

Walla posted:

Holy poo poo. I just got a 4* light cone, a Quinque eidolon and Gepard back to back. I might not pull for Luocha now. Gepard is one of the units I really wanted. Now if I could only be blessed with Pela.

I just got a random unexpected Gepard off the standard banner too! :highfive: Well you're in luck (or anti-luck?) because Pela is on the Luocha banner.

But yeah, Gepard was an unexpected surprise and threw my plans into a loop as well. I have him and Yanqing (even tho I hate him!!!) and am one Pela away from a pretty sick mono ice + SW team. Since Qingque is my long-term goal, next banner is gonna be a good one for me. A shame Luocha has to be on it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Silverwolf brought me around the idea of building around 2x2 set ups with her and seele making up the core of the quantum portion of it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

facepalmolive posted:

But yeah, Gepard was an unexpected surprise and threw my plans into a loop as well. I have him and Yanqing (even tho I hate him!!!) and am one Pela away from a pretty sick mono ice + SW team. Since Qingque is my long-term goal, next banner is gonna be a good one for me. A shame Luocha has to be on it.

I guess I'll be pulling on the banner after all. Though I'll probably get 3 more copies of Quinque and Luocha instead.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Silverwolf brought me around the idea of building around 2x2 set ups with her and seele making up the core of the quantum portion of it.

SW works well in any team which is what I like. Right now I have her with Asta, Sushang and Natasha but that team will be changing once I get Gepard up to speed. Hopefully I can slot Pela in there as well.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Since they extended the museum event, should I just wait to start it after they patch it in 1.2? I finally got back around to playing the main questline and to where I could start it, but I just noticed that it's been extended for another 40-odd days

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

There's a bug that can make it possible to lock yourself out of rewards, and they won't be able to fix it until a major patch. So if you do it now you either don't encounter the bug and it doesn't matter, or you do and you have wait until the patch to get the rest of your rewards. That's it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And the only way to encounter the bug is to ignore the actual guidelines given to you and upgrade everything else instead. Like me. :)

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Just got to WL5 and realized I completely forgot to pre-farm the character ascension mats. I guess now is as good a time as any to use a bunch of fuel. I also am going to need about 1000 more purple character exp books.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also if you're just now hitting the museum event, start farming. Ignore relics, but hit up every stagnant shadow and every Crimson Calyx daily. Just toss them into your normal rotation. Also max out SU and Echoes of War every week. You'll be happy you did in a few more equilibriums.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's less than a day's worth of energy to farm the ascension mats for 70-80, it's really not worth pre-farming them at lower stamina efficiency. What you'll come to realize is that you didn't pre-farm enough levelling materials.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Less than a day, but that's per character. I definitely wish I had stockpiled a few things.

And I actually had to farm for credits. Going broke is a thing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You get 25% more ascension mats at TL 60 so really it's much more of a waste to pre-farm. And you won't have the exp books to level them anyway so it's not like ascending immediately is necessary.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

You get 25% more ascension mats at TL 60 so really it's much more of a waste to pre-farm. And you won't have the exp books to level them anyway so it's not like ascending immediately is necessary.

25% makes it sound much better than it is. you get exactly one more ascension mat at the EL 5 difficulty compared to the next one down. it saves you maybe 30 tp per 4 star, maybe 60 per 5 star (because 5 stars are more expensive to build in every way). even over several characters that wont amount to much in the long run - a day or two's worth of natural tp for two parties of four, if you're dead set on prefarming for all eight and don't somehow unlock EL 5 before you're done.

"do what you want even if it's suboptimal" remains good advice

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I mean what are you supposed to farm at lower TL if you wanna maximize efficiency? Aren't all farming spots less efficient at lower TL anyway?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

blizzardvizard posted:

I mean what are you supposed to farm at lower TL if you wanna maximize efficiency? Aren't all farming spots less efficient at lower TL anyway?

Character/lightcone exp farming maxes out quicker

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

XP caps out earliest at 50, although I certainly wouldn't recommend only farming XP and money for 10 Trailblaze levels. Ascension and traces both cap out at 60, and relics (including SU and weekly bosses) cap out at 65.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 21, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

UHD posted:

25% makes it sound much better than it is. you get exactly one more ascension mat at the EL 5 difficulty compared to the next one down. it saves you maybe 30 tp per 4 star, maybe 60 per 5 star (because 5 stars are more expensive to build in every way). even over several characters that wont amount to much in the long run - a day or two's worth of natural tp for two parties of four, if you're dead set on prefarming for all eight and don't somehow unlock EL 5 before you're done.

"do what you want even if it's suboptimal" remains good advice

25% is 25% no matter how you spin it. In the long run you will need to farm them for a bunch of characters and also for lower tiers of new characters, so the overflow does actually matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gonna be honest with you I don't think a couple of weeks of slightly suboptimal farming is going to matter in the long run if you care about the game at all