Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

HD-2D is for beautiful pixel art not butt-ugly faux-3D sprites

edit: I appreciate people’s nostalgia for SMRPG but that game looks like the exact same shade of rear end as the DKC games and both Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi look so much better

which is why it will be remade except the characters will look extra blocky to really bring in the nostalgia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Large Testicles posted:

SMRPG is miles better than any of the paper Mario’s

:wrong:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I predict Nintendo will announce something completely unpredictable

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Clamshell switch let’s go

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

Ehh, Paper Mario 1 and 2 have way tighter and more creative battles. PM2 feels like a standout for themes of it's chapters.

SMRPG has a shitload of charm and it's battle system puts it ahead of other JPRGs of it's era, but I feel like the timing and like "feel" of the action commands was a little bit off at times.

But SMRPG also has Geno.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kale posted:

I feel like that one would come with weird rights disputes over the music.

I'm not sure why, unless they let Sawano keep the rights to the music he composed for the game and if he'd not want to license it for a fixed up version. Though I'd be fine with a XCX remaster that gets music from the Xenoblade 3 composer even if it means XCX doesn't sound like Attack on Titan.

Mr.Acula posted:

I predict Nintendo will announce something completely unpredictable

A Silksong update? :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm not sure why, unless they let Sawano keep the rights to the music he composed for the game and if he'd not want to license it for a fixed up version. Though I'd be fine with a XCX remaster that gets music from the Xenoblade 3 composer even if it means XCX doesn't sound like Attack on Titan.

A Silksong update? :v:

If XCX didn't play absurdly ridiculous music every time you took off in your mecha why would I even want to play it?

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
it just wouldn't be XCX without the "UH UH YEAH" and "1. 2. 3. 4. OOOUUUUEEEEAAAAHHHHH" city tracks

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Large Testicles posted:

Bro, I love smrpg too, but it needs some proper work done on it. 1,000 Year Door's art direction currently blows it away, though it pains me to admit that.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

7 am is crazy early. It'll be 2 pm for me but that's just a weird hour imo.

Curious to see if they mention DLC for TotK. I got nothing else I want/need atm, but SNES games are great so I'll be happy with whatever comes.

Is it a good one? I didn't get Valentia since Shadow Dragon didn't wow me, to no one's surprise it's based on such an old game, so as far as history goes it's cool, but it's still a bit too old to quite enjoy unlike the more modern iterations.

Shadows of Valentia is incredibly different in style and gameplay from Shadow Dragon so I wouldn't dismiss it based on disliking that one! It's very modernised. And FE4 is very different again. I love the original but it getting an Echoes style remake would bring so much new life to it.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I predict they’ll confirm the rumors of a Zelda movie…made by Illumination :argh:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I predict they’ll confirm the rumors of a Zelda movie…made by Illumination :argh:

They made the first good video game movie in fifty years, and you're... angry about them making another one? :confused:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Illumination did not make the super Mario Bros movie

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Illumination did not make the super Mario Bros movie

:confused:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

You said the good one the one from the 90s

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Lol no. Even when compared to the Max Headroom movie that inspired it, it was crap. If I'm gonna see Dennis Hopper, I'd rather watch Waterworld again.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Didn't Nintendo supposedly torpedo a Netflix Zelda series because news of it leaked? If so why would they not do it again?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ImpAtom posted:

If XCX didn't play absurdly ridiculous music every time you took off in your mecha why would I even want to play it?

I have full faith in Mitsuda and co's ability to put out some over the top music for flying around in a mech.

Though they'd need to put in some work to make sure the "Local Tyrant Joins The Fray" transition hits as hard as regular combat -> Uncontrollable does.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

They made the first good video game movie in fifty years, and you're... angry about them making another one? :confused:

Illumination doesn’t know how to make anything but zany kids comedies, which I guess worked well enough for a Mario movie but I can’t see that being a good fit for the Zelda franchise at all

Just imagine: Link does a combat training sequence while Eye Of The Tiger plays and Tingle breaks the fourth wall to look into the camera with a “get a load of this guy” gesture

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

Lol no. Even when compared to the Max Headroom movie that inspired it, it was crap. If I'm gonna see Dennis Hopper, I'd rather watch Waterworld again.

That movie was rad, and i'll take no guff about it. Trust the fungus, the windup bobomb, goombas being dancing dinosaurs. Perfect.

And one of the best things is that it has 100% less crisp rat.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Illumination doesn’t know how to make anything but zany kids comedies, which I guess worked well enough for a Mario movie but I can’t see that being a good fit for the Zelda franchise at all

Just imagine: Link does a combat training sequence while Eye Of The Tiger plays and Tingle breaks the fourth wall to look into the camera with a “get a load of this guy” gesture

You mean We are the Champions/Don't Stop Me Now, and it would totally work with the Wind Waker aesthetic.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Warioware Rogue like *fingers crossed*

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Zelda would be the best "Music by: QUEEN" film since Highlander and Flash Gordon

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
...I just want a port of Wario World, as I never got to play it. :kiddo: Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg may join as well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got Monster Train on a lark, even though I don't like deck building games.

...maybe I like deck building games now??

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CainFortea posted:

That is Super Mario Bros The Movie, not The Super Mario Bros Movie

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Len posted:

Didn't Nintendo supposedly torpedo a Netflix Zelda series because news of it leaked? If so why would they not do it again?

Chris Meledandri is like on Nintendo's board of directors

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Metroid Prime 2 remake surprise release.
Really I'd like to hear any update on Wildermyth because I've heard it's good but I've been waiting for the switch release

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Read After Burning posted:

...I just want a port of Wario World, as I never got to play it. :kiddo: Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg may join as well.

It was kinda disappointing for a wario game, not sure I ever beat it but I think it started to get really repetitive

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Maroon Hawk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3sZIWS2-eU&t=95s

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Oxyclean posted:

Ehh, Paper Mario 1 and 2 have way tighter and more creative battles. PM2 feels like a standout for themes of it's chapters.

SMRPG has a shitload of charm and it's battle system puts it ahead of other JPRGs of it's era, but I feel like the timing and like "feel" of the action commands was a little bit off at times.

But SMRPG also has Geno.

Sounds like a skill issue

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Mister Facetious posted:

Waterworld is basically Wind Waker

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I want a Chibi Robo remaster because the PAL GCN version is OBSCENELY priced now. :yikes:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

That is Super Mario Bros The Movie, not The Super Mario Bros Movie

You're right, my bad.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
SMRPG is super good but it’s also super easy if you’re an adult.

Still love it.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

The Maroon Hawk posted:

You're right. They should hire this guy instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDPRwLlpdTU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

smrpg is ftw. wrap it up paper marioailures

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

We’re like 8 1/2 hours away from the direct. Is the surprise announcement going to be Mother related? Take my god damned money, Nintendo!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

An Actual Princess posted:

smrpg and paper marios are ftw. wrap it up mario & luigailures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I have it from a very good source (worms buttholes guys uncle that works at Nintendo) that the next Nintendo direct will be a switch 2 announcement with a free TotK upgrade to 4k@60.