Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Thanks for posting the food goblin, long may she reign. She quickly became a thread favorite, and we'll miss her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Food goblin ended up being a lot more complex than I expected! Thanks for posting the Japanese originals, I'm working on learning the language and they'll be great material for picking up food Japanese!

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Emzedoh posted:

And that's it for translated Wakako-Zake.

WHAT

NO

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Emzedoh posted:

Wakako-Zake

I'm going to miss this weird little food goblin but BREAK UP WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND WAKAKO

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

If you don't mind waiting - let's see - yeah, 61 weeks or so, the official English translation will be caught up, but you'll have to wait another 4 weeks after that if you don't (or can't, not sure it doesn't have a region lock on it) kick them some money to read chapter 70.

Here it is, I only remembered it just now:
https://www.azuki.co/series/wakako-zake

barbecue at the folks posted:

Food goblin ended up being a lot more complex than I expected! Thanks for posting the Japanese originals, I'm working on learning the language and they'll be great material for picking up food Japanese!

You're welcome!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm going to miss this weird little food goblin but BREAK UP WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND WAKAKO

Happy food goblins are all alike, every unhappy food goblin is unique in its unhappiness.

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 10:40 on Jun 21, 2023

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tree Bucket posted:

It's official, I give up, it is impossible to comment on every good comic, mad edit, and interesting discussion point in this thread. It is a firehose of excellence. Just imagine a little thumbs-up symbol after every post.
:same:👍

Tree Bucket posted:

I require a sci fi story where humanity are the isle-goats of some huge star empire.
Not quite but
https://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/50969/pg50969-images.html

Splicer has a new favorite as of 10:59 on Jun 21, 2023

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Given current events, a bonus duck comic seems appropriate:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Who says the Food Goblin is the only supernatural connoisseur , have a thing

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Oh dear.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Mx. posted:

that's the end of chapter 1!! I may or may not try to post chapter 2 idk, it'll be surprise

what happens next: chapter 2: someone else

first 2 spoilered images are for gore, last one is self-harm

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Tall Penguin

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

No

Author's Notes

No

Chapter: 3 - No
Page: 02
Title: Comeback

Marie bounces back

AUTHOR NOTES
Hey so you may notice a complete change in tone and direction from what was previously in the comic. If not, then pat on my back for not making it noticeable. I was rushing towards a pretty lovely rock falls everyone dies ending. Spinnelope was going to be a serial killer who killed the other 4 while Marie was out and give her the core and be her dark queen.

I've done this 2 or 3 times already, where I get scared of my story, or I have a psychotic break, or I get burnt out, and we enter a dream sequence, then rocks fall, story changes. I'm still on a sprint to the planned end and working on the new project (Can I do both at once?) But I'm going to do it right. If you're writing a story, a lot of the times it'll get to a point where it's hard and scary and I just wanted to bail so that I didn't fail.

What's kind of funny, for me at least, is that I've unintentionally created a very accurate metaphor of what it's like for me to experience psychosis and delusions, momentarily. It's like someone pulls the trigger, and your life completely changes. Nothing makes sense, everything is melting, you're watching yourself be different, but you don't know you're being different, and then later you snap out of it just as fast and have to deal with the consequences. Now it's horifically problematic to depict a mental break like that by turning your character into a cackling villain, and I would never do that intentionally, but if Marie had all the same things happen, but thought the government was watching her to kill her family, that'd be pretty much the metaphor for what my life is like when poo poo gets bad.

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 18:25 on Jun 28, 2023

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (August 6-13,1939)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

what am i supposed to do with all these stamps im saving

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: One vs Six

quote:

War in Heaven

Here’s a little page soundtrack from the album I was listening to while drawing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4lhTw69Sn4

Alt: Mammon cast Draco Meteor!
e: this alt text was really funny to me because I had the exact same thought before I moused over

quote:

Discordance of the demiurges

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Boba Pearl posted:

Chapter: 3 - No
Page: 02
Title: Comeback

Marie bounces back

AUTHOR NOTES
Hey so you may notice a complete change in tone and direction from what was previously in the comic. If not, then pat on my back for not making it noticeable. I was rushing towards a pretty lovely rock falls everyone dies ending. Spinnelope was going to be a serial killer who killed the other 4 while Marie was out and give her the core and be her dark queen.

I've done this 2 or 3 times already, where I get scared of my story, or I have a psychotic break, or I get burnt out, and we enter a dream sequence, then rocks fall, story changes. I'm still on a sprint to the planned end and working on the new project (Can I do both at once?) But I'm going to do it right. If you're writing a story, a lot of the times it'll get to a point where it's hard and scary and I just wanted to bail so that I didn't fail.

What's kind of funny, for me at least, is that I've unintentionally created a very accurate metaphor of what it's like for me to experience psychosis and delusions, momentarily. It's like someone pulls the trigger, and your life completely changes. Nothing makes sense, everything is melting, you're watching yourself be different, but you don't know you're being different, and then later you snap out of it just as fast and have to deal with the consequences. Now it's horifically problematic to depict a mental break like that by turning your character into a cackling villain, and I would never do that intentionally, but if Marie had all the same things happen, but thought the government was watching her to kill her family, that'd be pretty much the metaphor for what my life is like when poo poo gets bad.

i just want to say you've really been nailing it with the facial expressions lately

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Mx. posted:

i just want to say you've really been nailing it with the facial expressions lately

Thank you, i've never really put my whole artussy into drawing lips before that day I drew Jaina, and I'm always worried they're going to turn out looking like clown lips (not the cool kind,) but so far they've really been working out!

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
You're doing eyes different too, I think?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yeah! omg it's awesome people are noticing, I took some time off to focus solely on eyes and faces and stuff a few weeks back!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

When did we find out about Mustard's sister?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Life keeps getting in the way but here’s some CYELATM before I head into work.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
We didn't, people are guessing.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

E also have a flying hun:

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Jun 21, 2023

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Kit Walker posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

please note that the god of edgelords here is licking his blade as he runs up

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

THE SONG FAMILY'S SECRET FORMULA

ZHUANGZI SPEAKS 庄子说

Images in the previous post fixed, and let's have a couple more of these:

THE USELESS SHU TREE

THE TATTOOED YUE PEOPLE

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Samovar posted:

When did we find out about Mustard's sister?

she visited her grave in this strip:

Now you might be tempted to say that's no reason to believe Echo is Margret Lee, but so far Echo is the only masked villain we've seen, and Margret Lee is the only dead relative that's been introduced with a name and grave, so I dunno what you're proposing. That Echo is, what, Fuchsia's dad? That the masked villain is completely unrelated to the dead relative? Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Well obviously Margret is alive - there’s no date of death on the tombstone!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Boba Pearl posted:

Yeah! omg it's awesome people are noticing, I took some time off to focus solely on eyes and faces and stuff a few weeks back!

It really shows!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's also the fact that Echo's unmasking happened in front of the one person who would recognize her if she really is Margret. The pieces all fit!!!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Rhino you consistently manage to post some of the most top-tier comics in this thread I swear. Zhuangzi Speaks is a consistent joy.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Extra Ordinary

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Previously on Tales of the Beanworld, Proffy posited that Mr. Spook's fork could be put back together if they found all the notworms.

Three out of four notworms recovered already! And the baby beans woke up!

Hurl Warriors

If you know, you know. Which honestly probably most people on this forum do.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

By popular demand posted:

E also have a flying hun:

Lol

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

If you know, you know. Which honestly probably most people on this forum do.

i didn't know that link and tingle were married and a girl version of link exists and is their daughter. ive played almost every zelda game, but i never played hyrule warriors so a lot of these characters and jokes are going over my head.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Synthbuttrange posted:

what am i supposed to do with all these stamps im saving

It's 1939, genius. If ya don't save em up, Hitler wins!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

she has her priorities right

Definitely not upset about being stood up on Night #69.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I was wondering if someone was going to comment on that.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ZHUANGZI SPEAKS 庄子说

Images in the previous post fixed, and let's have a couple more of these

Ack, I jumped the gun on the useless tree, sorry! These are excellent, thanks for posting them. Also, hah, there's another crack at people from Song.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Night Visitors

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Demon
Chapter 16.05

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t know what’s going on in the tumblr gore comic other than everyone involved should delete their account