Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Finnegan’s Wake Limiter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripperljohn
May 13, 2014

So i just reinstalled for the Excel Addin and HOLY gently caress IT'S 2023 HOW ON EARTH IS UI SCALING STILL NOT WORKING

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

This is also the new UI as of a few months ago

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is there a reason to run alts on the same account rather than separate ones? Since you can't multibox on the same account.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yes to specialize in certain things. Since you start getting diminishing returns on skill injectors as your SP increases, you want alts that specialize in for example being a dread pilot or a miner or whatever since if you’re getting to the point of thinking about alts you’ll be doing some injecting

Additionally, there are reasons to have alts in organizations unaffiliated with your main’s Corp or alliance, such as a jump freighter alt in a non war deccable Corp or a neutral cyno alt

with all that in mind, you can imagine roles for each of the three character slots you get per account rather than spinning up and paying for accounts for each

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

yes to specialize in certain things. Since you start getting diminishing returns on skill injectors as your SP increases, you want alts that specialize in for example being a dread pilot or a miner or whatever since if you’re getting to the point of thinking about alts you’ll be doing some injecting

Additionally, there are reasons to have alts in organizations unaffiliated with your main’s Corp or alliance, such as a jump freighter alt in a non war deccable Corp or a neutral cyno alt

To be clear, I mean is there a benefit to having alts on the same EVE Online login account, rather than spread across several different accounts, since you can only log in with one character per account at a time. Is it just to share omega status?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yeah it’s to share omega status, and there isn’t really any downside because your alts will tend to be focused on a certain task so not being able to use two alts from the same account isn’t a problem

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
I do a bit of industry and it's super handy to use the extra character slots on every account. Getting trained into PI on an alt is super quick and from there you can do a short train for more reaction/manufacturing/etc slots or Yet Another loving Barge Alt depending on what you are angling for. Outside of that I don't know, maybe slightly cheaper skill extraction farming with MCTs than Omega?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ragnarokette posted:

Outside of that I don't know, maybe slightly cheaper skill extraction farming with MCTs than Omega?

I have three Omega accounts and an Alpha account. The Alpha is strictly trained for home defense and rarely does anything else (he did fly to Perimeter tonight on cover for a battleship fleet). The three Omegas are all single chars-per-account. It’s a “main,” a cyno alt/EWARBoost pilot, and a (cyno capable) Logi pilot.

All three do PI, and I plan on being at a sweet spot in all three accounts to pause their training in a month. I’m aiming for about 10~12 days to work up a strictly PI/Epithal second character per account. I hope to pause training about 45~50 days after that to work in a pause again for a final third PI/Epithal character on all accounts.

I could do it quicker with injecting, obviously, but whaling out some PLEX to convert to skill injectors isn’t necessary. If I can make enough PI with 4 individuals to PLEX the third (or MCT), I would do it in a heartbeat. It’s not “real money” and my ships are cheap as hell to lose with GW-SRP and judicious SSRP. If I was made of money I could see how MCT seems better than full account prices, but it is really nice to be able to scout for yourself at 0300 local when corp-mates are in bed and you can watch a separate window in Eve-O Preview :unsmith:.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jun 18, 2023

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
all of my accounts have one combat/ratting/capital character, one mining/industry character and one pure PI character, but each character has close to max industry/reaction/science slots and max PI skills. Managing 60 planets (soon to be 66) is fun!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

CCP give me a restart all button please. Or just make PI like factorio with NPCs that haul stuff between planets or to stations. People can come gank the NPCs. There PI is better and generated more pvp content that is better than ESS games.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'd just like saveable PI layouts

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
i would like the game to shut down permanently

if reddit and eve online died a large quantity of the worst people on earth would be sad and i feel that is worth it

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Furnok Dorn posted:

if reddit and eve online died a large quantity of the worst people on earth would be sad and i feel that is worth it

On the other hand, they might spend more time outside.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
The worst part of losing ships is when you had a cool name for it and it feels wrong to give it to a different ship and you don't have a new cool name ready to go.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Furnok Dorn posted:

No then you would have to deal with them (me) IRL, and they’re (I’m) the worst people.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Elukka posted:

The worst part of losing ships is when you had a cool name for it and it feels wrong to give it to a different ship and you don't have a new cool name ready to go.

Just name every ship LOVE~(^▽^(^▽^*)~LOVE

Ripperljohn
May 13, 2014

Cool things i saw so far:

getting 7 days free game time to kinda ease yourself into the game again is nice (although i activated without thinking so i already wasted 5)
Multibuy Tool
Project discovery still exists and makes a little money
some new ship effects
easily shareable overview settings
Ship Overview Map Thing is kinda dope but also clunky (doesn't really explain the differences between ships, eg. the Mammoth and the Hoarder - should probably mention somewhere that the hoarder is for gas directly in there and not just with a tiny entry in the attributes tab)
Helpchats are still being refreshingly unhelpful
Old fun items and corpses still exist

Bad things:

EVE
All my old buddies no longer play so you log into 20 empty chats which is still as depressing as it was the last 3 times nostalgia made me reinstall the game
UI Scaling
UI in General, window locking and automatic resizing is twitchy af when in windowed mode
3? 4? 5? new currencies and way too many dumb things to spend them on, feels like gacha overflow
The opportunities window lists loads of things without properly explaining them (HEY DO A MINING EVENT FOR CALDARI BUT YOUR SHIP WILL MELT or something)
The daily login bonus gave me items that are not explained in the info windows (i mean, it's EVE, so you gotta google everything anyways, but the overflow is just....something. No way you can find your way around easily if you have something like a life.)
Daily challenges that give rewards in yet another currency
PLEX revamp to make it harder to gauge ISK price is pathetic

I'll probably try to build something tomorrow (if that's even possible within 2h of time in the evening) and then see if the Itch returns after Defqon1

If it doesn't o/ Goosfleet discord ppl you were chill

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

CuddleCryptid posted:

To be clear, I mean is there a benefit to having alts on the same EVE Online login account, rather than spread across several different accounts, since you can only log in with one character per account at a time. Is it just to share omega status?

Datacore farming is free afk isk. Just set it up and let it build for a few months.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

salartarium posted:

Datacore farming is free afk isk. Just set it up and let it build for a few months.

i had some datacore research going that was from 2008. i cashed it in during the war. i got about 117m

lol lmao

Keisari
May 24, 2011

ded posted:

i had some datacore research going that was from 2008. i cashed it in during the war. i got about 117m

lol lmao

Lol.

I have some PI set up that optimizes effort instead of isk. Basically, I set 2 week cycles and the planet has extra storage, so I can empty it very, very rarely. The isk is low but good isk per click and isk per hauling trip.

EDIT:

This is because I often completely forget/can't be bothered to interact with PI. So this is the most optimal way to use them for me, as they sometimes are left idle for quite some time, this way that is minimized.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

BigPaddy posted:

Eveline is a famous short story by Irish writer James Joyce.

Chock full of erotic turds

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

information is power

get the excel add-in today

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I reclaimed my Retriever and Mammoth combo of ships. It's in a nice empty spot of high-sec, hovers between 4-7 in local. I forgot how much of a multiplier having good gear is. Just scooping up 38k of ore each run.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

KirbyKhan posted:

I reclaimed my Retriever and Mammoth combo of ships. It's in a nice empty spot of high-sec, hovers between 4-7 in local. I forgot how much of a multiplier having good gear is. Just scooping up 38k of ore each run.

The first set of syndicate scoops I put on a prospect was lost when the tiny tail end of a hurricane knocked out my power and it took 2 days to get it back, resulting in the wh I used to get there being long gone.

And that's the story of how I learned to always keep a depot+probes+launcher in the cargohold:toot:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/EVE_status/status/1671483548115542017

:confuoot:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Finally

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Scarcity 2.0

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Guy who has been hoarding ore for ages to wait for market spikes: at last, my time has come.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

*tritanium ticks up 0.01 ISK*

"I'm gonna be rich chums!"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Well gently caress... There goes my 30 omega plan

Techno
Jul 13, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

andromache posted:

Asher with the "hush child, the grown-ups are talking" moment.

Brutal

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Went out to a belt, confirmed fix. My strip miners work.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Mining drone supremacy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I think I left my Retriever out mining in a .9 belt. I went out for groceries, it's been 3 hrs I think it's dead

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I think I left a hobgoblin drone out. Maybe. Idk oh well I bought insurance

Edit: it was a ok! It's parked now.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 21, 2023

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I really wanted to try out this stupid Praxis build I cobbled together. It involves dual expanded cargo holds, four co-processors, a CPU rig, a full rack of heavy neuts, and three XLASBs. I went bank robbing with three friends, in one Myrm and two rail Nexeqs. Two of us are new. For one of us this was their first pvp experience.

The initial response was a Paladin and a Typhoon, later adding on a Drekavac, Brutix and a Caracal. We killed the Paladin. I know it's not a huge thing for more established people, but we did not think we would be killing a loving Paladin with this fleet. Or with our lack of experience.

I had fun in EVE.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 23, 2023

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Elukka posted:

I had fun in EVE.

hosed up if true

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Elukka posted:

I really wanted to try out this stupid Praxis build I cobbled together. It involves dual expanded cargo holds, four co-processors, a CPU rig, a full rack of heavy neuts, and three XLASBs. I went bank robbing with three friends, in one Myrm and two rail Nexeqs. Two of us are new. For one of us this was their first pvp experience.

The initial response was a Paladin and a Typhoon, later adding on a Drekavac, Brutix and a Caracal. We killed the Paladin. I know it's not a huge thing for more established people, but we did not think we would be killing a loving Paladin with this fleet. Or with our lack of experience.

I had fun in EVE.

Praxis supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Should have gone in a pack of hurricanes