Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

For some reason Elon isn't blocked on my twitter anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

He's saying cis is a slur, so he can say trans is a slur

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Oh, and here's the Tweet that started it:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1671370284102819841

What would it be like if the roles were reversed? That's already every loving day on the platform for everyone else. These people literally can't imagine anything unless it's affecting them directly.
Here’s a Twitter rando just saying the quiet part aloud
https://twitter.com/jeffreytalien/status/1671477028091056128?s=46&t=pYXbrsIUxM-F__2KiH5Cag

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

That's not what cis means you loving imbecile. Jesus

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Bertha the Toaster posted:

He's such a loving moron, its literally the opposite of the word trans. There's plenty of people who are happy to use the word to describe themselves.

I’m a pretty sensitive guy and that bugs me. But I can always reassure myself that my skin is not as thin as the worlds richest man.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
I bet a bunch of organic chemists were just banned from Twitter

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Has a group ever tried to develop a slur against themselves before? Is this their one new idea?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Amphigory posted:

That's not what cis means you loving imbecile. Jesus

They know it’s not a slur, they just hate any acknowledgment of trans existence, even if it’s a three letter adjective.

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

And God said to Moses: I would spare an entire city, so long as it contains one house painted with such audacity as at fifty-one seconds in.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Equeen posted:

They know it’s not a slur, they just hate any acknowledgment of trans existence, even if it’s a three letter adjective.

Even if you're being generous, they think that cis is a slur because they use trans as one.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tesla, a cis-electric vehicle manufacturer widely known for their poo poo build quality...

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

this feels like elon doing the most obvious thing to astroturf and distract people from associating the submarine disaster with him

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

I'm honestly surprised that Maddox hasn't followed other internet comedy relics and played the Lowtax kazoo.

ActualKnight
Sep 8, 2022
Apart from everything else that's going on, apparently Elom has manually backdated his verification by about 5,000 years for some reason

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean it’s like cracker, they know it’s not really a slur, but it would be really cool if it was so they can larp being oppressed

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Nobody tell the Young Earth chuds.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Even if you're being generous, they think that cis is a slur because they use trans as one.

Of course, it’s just so infuriating to see these idiots got mad over the gender identity equivalent of “straight”. It’s like getting mad at words like tall or skinny.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

ActualKnight posted:

Apart from everything else that's going on, apparently Elom has manually backdated his verification by about 5,000 years for some reason

🤣🤣🤣

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Equeen posted:

Of course, it’s just so infuriating to see these idiots got mad over the gender identity equivalent of “straight”. It’s like getting mad at words like tall or skinny.

These same idiots absolutely got mad about "straight" when gay marriage was a political issue. Same logic and everything, "why do we need a word for 'normal'"?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

From the meme thread...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gschmidl posted:

He's still well within their boundaries.

E - I think that would put him pre-flood though. So by extension he must be either Noah or one of his sons.

Or one of their wives.

goatface fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 21, 2023

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean it’s like cracker, they know it’s not really a slur, but it would be really cool if it was so they can larp being oppressed

How is cracker not a slur lol

Like you can argue it's not as bad as other slurs and nobody should care about it but by definition it's a slur, unlike cis and cisgender

Nasty Old Randy
Sep 5, 2017

Im Nasty

gschmidl posted:

They think the world is 6000 years old, so they may be why he picked 5000.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I guess he could be some form of lower hominid who got on the boat as an animal.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ben shapino posted:

How is cracker not a slur lol

Like you can argue it's not as bad as other slurs and nobody should care about it but by definition it's a slur, unlike cis and cisgender

No one is actually offended by being called a cracker go back to Reddit where you belong

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*people walking around*

"Look, people walking around like zombies"

:thunk:

Yeah there's garbage in the gutters but whose job is it to sweep the streets? "Old Italian men" according to the person in the car I guess. Surely not a city service that requires funding

You got people riding bikes, people waiting for buses, people getting luggage out of a car trunk, people shopping or crossing streets or doing chores. Looks like i dunno, a city or something

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

No one is actually offended by being called a cracker go back to Reddit where you belong

Of course it’s a slur being a derogatory term for someone’s race, it’s just a pathetically mild one that only babies get angry about

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Here's my pitch for a reality survival show called The Cracker Barrel:

Take a soft terminally online chud like Benny Johnson, put him in a barrel, and drive around for a few hours so he doesn't know where he is. Drop him off in northwest Philly (which is where he is in the video), with no cell phone and only $10. He must get to the airport (southern-most point of Philly) within 24 hours. He can't talk to the camera crew. The bugout safe word is 'cis'

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Hope he doesn't find out about the hundreds of heavily-Republican white trash junkyard welfare towns rotting from meth, fentanyl and alcohol abuse.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Are there typically limits on how much government agencies will spend on search and rescue operations per missing person? Aside from the outsized media attention this Titanic sub is getting, would the rescue effort be as big and costly if there were five non-billionaires missing in the same area?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think you'll find those are great success stories of trickle down economics.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It begins!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1671525582415319044
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1671525792000425985

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
he learned the word psy op from the awful libertarian lady

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol welp guess he can't help himself

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Literally where is the lie, Elon?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Snopes literally quoting Starlink's tweets to show it's true

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't matter, it's just useful to declare any fact checking as evil.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

General Bullshit > Elon Musk: You can’t even run a good psy op

nerox
May 20, 2001
I highly doubt Starlink was in any way used for communication between the sub and the mothership, but its hilarious to see something taken out of context to rile up Muskie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i guess the lie would be: "However, we do not know how much Starlink is responsible for the loss of contact with the submersible, nor the reasons behind that loss of contact."

the first part is not true, we do know that starlink is not responsible for loss of contact with the submersible because starlink doesn't work underwater. the surface ship would use it, but not for anything related to tracking or communication with the underwater vehicle.

calling it a psy op is super paranoid though, it's a breaking story and the most likely explanation is whatever snopes writer or AI got assigned to fart out an article for clicks didn't know any better and had no time to do any research beyond looking at official tweets from the company.