Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Evil Fluffy posted:

Using the silver harp when standing on the stairs of the tower of kol(?) entrance has really high encounter rates for them iirc. I forget if it was a NES or SFC version thing or if others are like it.

That's an NES bug only, although it did get me looking and it turns out the encounter rate for Metabbles is highest on the fifth floor of Rubiss Tower, so I'm using that to grind at the moment and it's going much faster than I expected, certainly much faster than wasting time around Rimuldar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Twelve by Pies posted:

That's an NES bug only, although it did get me looking and it turns out the encounter rate for Metabbles is highest on the fifth floor of Rubiss Tower, so I'm using that to grind at the moment and it's going much faster than I expected, certainly much faster than wasting time around Rimuldar.

I did not know that... Rimuldar was my go-to grind spot. Noted, and thank you!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally, some news!

https://twitter.com/NoisyPixelNews/status/1662268546032836608

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtTZx14b6oM

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That looks incredibly beautiful but the gameplay looks uh. bad.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

MORE IMPORTANTLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kxcXZi3WpQ

A NEW MONSTERS GAME

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
What the gently caress is a strash

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Sherbert Hoover posted:

What the gently caress is a strash

It’s his signature attack, basically think the [Element]splitter moves the Luminary gets in Act 3 of XI, since its, like, literally the same attack.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Last Celebration posted:

It’s his signature attack, basically think the [Element]splitter moves the Luminary gets in Act 3 of XI, since its, like, literally the same attack.

Yeah Dai pioneered a lot of Dragon Quest moves later on.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

That came out of nowhere. Will the Switch even be relevant when it comes out?

It’s also been 2 years since the DQ3 remake was shown off…

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Last Celebration posted:

Same with how the luminary's mark and Dai's dragon crest are the same kind of MacGuffin (and Eleven awakens theirs similar to how Dai does). When they made DQ11 they definitely borrowed from Dai.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Palmtree Panic posted:

Will the Switch even be relevant when it comes out?
it still prints money

I mean unironically there's no sign of Nintendo's next thing on the horizon and ToTK shows that the Switch still has it, in terms of getting people to buy things

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Palmtree Panic posted:

It’s also been 2 years since the DQ3 remake was shown off…

Clearly it's because they decided to make it an HD remake of Dragon Quest 1-3

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLsr5N4-mmU

New DQ Monsters coming this year! Starring Psaro from DQ4, it looks really good.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Adam Bowen posted:

New DQ Monsters coming this year! Starring Psaro from DQ4, it looks really good.

That ending tease of Solo makes me wonder if the story for this game is going to be setup as a DQ4 prequel, or if it'll just be that they end up both going after Aamon from the start and Psaro never ends up being tricked in to wanting to wipe out humanity. Because that is definitely Aamon standing next to the throne when Psaro draws his sword.

I'm guessing the latter since it mentions being a story about revenge.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Adam Bowen posted:

kind of funny how Psaro went from "Hidden super boss/super party member" from the first few Monster Games to being the main protagonist of this one

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

https://novacrystallis.com/2023/07/dragon-quest-monsters-the-dark-prince-details-story-world-monsters-and-dlc/

More info about the game.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

toilen trubble

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Treasures came out on Steam without any notice

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2021210/DRAGON_QUEST_TREASURES/

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Treasures would have been a great 20 dollar game.

As a full price game, lmao.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Deck verified? Yes!
Denuvo? Does that gently caress up a steam deck or anything?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Denuvo? Does that gently caress up a steam deck or anything?

No, it doesn't even gently caress up Windows

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Where is DQ12

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Where is DQ12

in the same state that DQ3-HD is; ???????

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I would like to see the main character

Are we playing a teenage Hercule? Did they dip back into the Heroes and Builders well and we get a choice of male or female hero? What's going on?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

DQ3 should be a cinch to remake. It had only, what, 8 bosses?

I hope they keep the first bonus dungeon, scrap the monster medals, maybe add an intelligence stat and a raft of QoL features like the latest HD2D games.

On a side note, but did DQ11 introduce any new monster designs at all?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I feel like at least the sham hatwitch was new but maybe it was in a side game I didn't play or 10

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Yep, he was in 10.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Yeah, a couple

Ran Rannerson
Oct 23, 2010
Oh I really hope the Eggsoskeletons and Evangelizards are in this DQM. I loved those guys.

Personally I'm hoping that of the bosses in DQ11 that could theoretically show up in the new DQM we at least get Jasper Unbound.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

DQ3 should be a cinch to remake. It had only, what, 8 bosses?

I hope they keep the first bonus dungeon, scrap the monster medals, maybe add an intelligence stat and a raft of QoL features like the latest HD2D games.

I thought it did have int, but it was only for the purposes of determining your mana cap.

Dq games not having scaling spells for awhile was a weird choice. I probably used sap more often in the early games than any actual offensive spell.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ran Rannerson posted:

Oh I really hope the Eggsoskeletons and Evangelizards are in this DQM. I loved those guys.

Personally I'm hoping that of the bosses in DQ11 that could theoretically show up in the new DQM we at least get Jasper Unbound.

Eggoskeleton is a top tier design that definitely should keep showing up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dora-in-gray has been used in the DQ Tact mobile game and might've been in Dragon Quest of the Stars (RIP to a bad game) so I'd imagine that monster design will find its way into the new DQM as well.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

if Dora-In-Grey comes back, I wonder if there will be a quest to take her picture

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Dora-in-gray has been used in the DQ Tact mobile game and might've been in Dragon Quest of the Stars (RIP to a bad game) so I'd imagine that monster design will find its way into the new DQM as well.

Iron maidens were already shown to be in the game iirc

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yep the player was shown recruiting one in the trailer footage

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I watched the Dragon Quest movie last night. The 3D animated one that follows 5's plot. It was ok. I didn't dislike it. The ending sure was... something. Quite a surprise. They really had to skip a bunch of stuff to fit it into 90 minutes. Might've been better as a TV series. Speaking of, I'll have to check out The Adventures of Dai at some point. What's the consensus on that one?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Dai is a very standard shounen manga with DQ window dressing. His signature move has the dumbest name ever. I will die on this hill.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think Sparkling Wide Pressure is still dumber tbh.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Just crashing through the wall of this thread to say I want XII info.

In light of the latest Final Fantasy I'm p curious to see what they mean by darker tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How good are those music mods for DQ11? I'm so sick of the one note soundtrack. I have so much respect for the people that managed to listen to it the whole time