Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Is Celine Dion still playing on a loop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Closest to a non-detestable billionaire is the RIM founder who was a legit engineer that cashed out right when Apple released the iPhone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Fregin

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Nenonen posted:

loose nips sink subs

*Nubs

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

We were denied the joy of watching Bezos' rear end getting blown up in his dildo-shaped rocket a few years back, so now we're watching another couple of rich douches gently caress around and find out. Nothing wrong with that.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

stealie72 posted:

Rich fucks become rich fucks by socializing risk and privatizing profit. This is nothing new.

Personally not sure why they are spending tax dollars trying to rescue people who deliberately operated outside the law and regulation to the point it's in their goddamn FAQ. They can feel free to Free Market Solution their way out of this pickle.

its gonna be an international incident if they die, the one guy is the king's friend and the other guy is part of the dawood family. finding them is probably easier tbqh.

plus human life and whatnot
plus imagine you're the hero that rescues them? mama mia

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

how much oxygen does 1 gently caress require (assuming no choking/ breath play)?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

GolfHole posted:

its gonna be an international incident if they die, the one guy is the king's friend and the other guy is part of the dawood family. finding them is probably easier tbqh.

The Dawood guy is, coincidentally also the king's friend!

edit: gently caress, maybe KC is eliminating some 'friends'?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/FredTaming/status/1671257627207274496?s=20

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

so king charles is now going to contract gabe newell (or any intrepid) to retrieve the corpses of his friends, likely for a lavish salvage reward. corpse hunters from around the world are all born at once.

a new anime is here

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

GolfHole posted:

plus imagine you're the hero that rescues them? mama mia

Your mistake is assuming that billionaires would show any gratitude for being pulled out of a situation where their wealth meant fuckall

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
We have made contact with the sub and are getting live footage from them! :krakentoot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQCv22C5s40

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Silver Vision posted:

Don’t know if anyone has said this yet but I wish the Diving Crooner all the best

lmfao

Benjamin Disraeli
Oct 19, 2005

Let's have some fun
This beat is sick
Let's play a Love game!
It's time for submarines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMHCw3RqulY

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
There's a pretty good chance the Navy will jump on doing investigation and recovery because there is some middle ranked Dr Robotnik who is all "finally my gizmos!" and gets the green light because this is a good simulation of stealing a Chinese submarine wreck.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/emilyschooley/status/1671403745106599938?s=61&t=-vp9P7i8Kl2W3uKiLPEWrA

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

zedprime posted:

There's a pretty good chance the Navy will jump on doing investigation and recovery because there is some middle ranked Dr Robotnik who is all "finally my gizmos!" and gets the green light because this is a good simulation of stealing a Chinese submarine wreck.

Pretty close; the Navy is already moving assets into position to try and assist with the salvage rescue once it’s found.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Short, interesting video showing atmospheric pressure crushing an oil drum: https://youtu.be/JsoE4F2Pb20

Death By SnuSnu
Jun 7, 2007
Compare your lives to mine and kill yourselves.

Nenonen posted:

You could be just an incredibly lucky idiot though.

Assuming we're talking about the spawn of billionaires, they still just continue the legacy of atrocities that got them that amount of money in the first place.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Short, interesting video showing atmospheric pressure crushing an oil drum: https://youtu.be/JsoE4F2Pb20

I hope they had the sense to put at least one billionaire in there.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

RIM founder who was a legit engineer that cashed out right when Apple released the iPhone.

lmao, well at least he knew when tim apple had him licked

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

But I thought you were obligated to rescue people in distress at sea?

Like yeah they can’t pay and are brown but I don’t think that’s the letter of the law.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Death Aquatic With Stockton Rush.

brodude
Apr 22, 2008

I'm not a malefactor, I'm a lagomorph.
as the corpses bloat, that drainage ditch tube will just turn into a human innard potato gun.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Government Handjob posted:

Death Aquatic With Stockton Rush.

Don't cross this line if you're not hating billionaires enough.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

SourKraut posted:

Pretty close; the Navy is already moving assets into position to try and assist with the salvage rescue once it’s found.
They want to mine that pure vein of sweet, sweet innovation that their regulated asses are incapable of generating.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Wee posted:

Is Celine Dion still playing on a loop?
Yes, and the CEO is also shirtless.
Just imagine your last experiences on Earth are sitting criss cross apple sauce in a tube while an old guy takes off his shirt and plays My Heart Will Go On.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

GolfHole posted:

plus imagine you're the hero that rescues them?

If that gets even close to happening, all resources must be dedicated to getting Danny Devito and a 2x4 to the scene immediately.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

lol nvm they're dead as hell

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 21, 2023

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bouillionaires

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Failson is mad lol

https://twitter.com/audioguy182/status/1671563483861909505?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I bet they crashed into the Titanic's hull and let the cursed mummy that cause it to sink in the first place escape because that is exactly what some moron billionaires would do.

Death By SnuSnu
Jun 7, 2007
Compare your lives to mine and kill yourselves.

skooma512 posted:

But I thought you were obligated to rescue people in distress at sea?

Like yeah they can’t pay and are brown but I don’t think that’s the letter of the law.

Yes.

https://onboard.sosmediterranee.org/knowledge-base/regulation-33/
"The master of a ship at sea which is in a position to be able to provide assistance on receiving information from any source that persons are in distress at sea, is bound to proceed with all speed to their assistance, if possible informing them or the search and rescue service that the ship is doing so. This obligation to provide assistance applies regardless of the nationality or status of such persons or the circumstances in which they are found."

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Shishkahuben posted:

I'm not seeing other sites reporting the same thing, but jfc what a terrifying doom.

https://www.gbnews.com/news/titanic-submarine-update-victims-alive-sos-atlantic-ocean

I really, really hope this was just a bunk rumor that they ran with and not a sign that they're still alive.

please don't link that godawful poo poo site here, or indeed anywhere. it was created as an attempt to make a uk version of fox news, which should tell you everything you need to know about its integrity.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

quote:

David Marquet, a retired US Navy captain, says he admires OceanGate’s innovative spirit but wonders if they went "a little too far".

5 people probably dead in a tiny cylinder: "think they had a bit of an oopsie here"

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'm not an engineer, but building a submarine with a failsafe ballast that lets you float to the surface if you lose power, but a door that only opens from the outside, seems like an oversight

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Shishkahuben posted:

I'm not seeing other sites reporting the same thing, but jfc what a terrifying doom.

https://www.gbnews.com/news/titanic-submarine-update-victims-alive-sos-atlantic-ocean

I really, really hope this was just a bunk rumor that they ran with and not a sign that they're still alive.

no source, just “GBNews understands“. they’re making it up for clicks.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Apart from everything else I just cannot understand why they did not design it to accommodate four bucket seats. My back is killing me just looking st those photos.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Shishkahuben posted:

please don't link/read GBnews it's a racist far right british equivalent to fox news and has no standards.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

please don't link that godawful poo poo site here, or indeed anywhere

I figured it was probably not the greatest, since I found it on their advisor's Facebook page - the aforementioned "fix the problems I caused" guy - but don't really know anything about the site otherwise. Is it a tabloid or something?

hemale in pain posted:

please don't link/read GBnews it's a racist far right british equivalent to fox news and has no standards.

ah, my mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
see my edit and the post above yours