Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

TulliusCicero posted:

Russia is run by an entire Regime of Extremely Not Gay Men who are constantly terrified they might accidently touch each other's penises, while they scream and yell about how Brave and Manly(tm) they are

This really is the closest thing we have to a thought experiment of if the chuds ran their own country in Texas or Florida or something lol
We thought Putin is sitting behind absurdly long meeting tables because he is afraid of germs. But the truth is that he's afraid of his genitals being near another man's genitals because it would turn him gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Top 10 WEIRDEST plots to assassinate Castro

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Tarquinn posted:

The constant need to prove that you’re the manliest manly man that ever manned is so alien to me. :psyduck:
What went wrong that these people are so loving insecure?

Chauvinist ultrafragile masculinity is a great tool to paper over the utter devastation that is modern cleptocratic Russia. "Yeah Russia sucks big time and the government is a corrupt poo poo heap ruled by a literal mass murderer but if you can't deal with it then you're effeminate and gay and deserve to be purged to keep Russia pure" is a great ideology for keeping people in line

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dwesa posted:

RU media huffing their own farts is due to UA psyop with a goal to discredit RU media (as if they needed any help). But (a-ha!) it turned against them! Now that some idiots believe rumors spread by RU media that were initiated by UA psyop, it means... wait, I lost my train of thought.

https://twitter.com/NatalkaKyiv/status/1671334140325638146

Also - Zaluzhnyi is not dead, but someone had hand in general vicinity of his scrotum, which is even worse

https://twitter.com/NatalkaKyiv/status/1671365500087959554

In order to maintain stability and prevent Confusion, the Russian government has decided that although Zaluzhnyi survived in this post-Truth era it is more convenient for him to have been dead. As such, they are having him executed immediately to correct this error. :commissar:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Tarquinn posted:

The constant need to prove that you’re the manliest manly man that ever manned is so alien to me. :psyduck:

I feel it is something similar to TERF ideology.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

General Zaluzhny and his subordinate were in the War Room and briefly brushed hands and then they had a baby and the baby looked at me.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
New Russian hyper normal psyop: calling people gay

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Little do they know, it's the ultimate compliment

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

New Russian hyper normal psyop: calling people gay

Putin, at a press conference: "I have just been informed that Zelensky is dead and gay."

A goon, at the back of the room, shouting to be heard of the din of reporters' questions: "What's his username?!"

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
A war update youtuber i have been watching is doing a fundraiser selling naffo patctes, when i clicked the link, he is rasing money for the Azov and now i think i need a new youtube warupdate channel.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Hopefully someone will see this and make an offer. Gotta be tough to get an acknowledgement from Petraeus the other day and be recognized for the value they are providing, and then not actually be getting anywhere with it while the whole MIC goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr with piles of money is being thrown around, just not at them.

And it's got to be weird at some point because it makes them a target as well.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Sedgr posted:

Hopefully someone will see this and make an offer. Gotta be tough to get an acknowledgement from Petraeus the other day and be recognized for the value they are providing, and then not actually be getting anywhere with it while the whole MIC goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr with piles of money is being thrown around, just not at them.

I agree, but accepting money directly from any kind of "MIC institution" would also have downsides and could hurt their credibility, or at least give Russian propaganda some ammo for attacking them.

I think Bellingcat is a good example. Whatever you may think of Brown Moses, Bellingcat are clearly very aggressively attacked as being a CIA psy-op - and these claims have stuck to an extent, because they do indeed get some funding indirectly from the US, via the National Endowment for Democracy (or whatever, can't remember all the details). It doesn't necessarily mean they are lapdog stooges of American imperialism, but it does make it harder for them to defend their independence, impartiality and accuracy.

Given the importance of Oryx statistics being perceived as objective and impartial, I'm not sure direct funding from Western govt-affiliated organisations is the best way. Crowd-funding might be better approach in this instance.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Sedgr posted:

As stated elsewhere, he's not doing this for the money. He specifically gives away what donations he gets to charity. I assume he wanted his group to be picked up by a real news org, but then his health scares made it impractical.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I heard he is a CIA asset used for propaganda on twitter for the dumb western libs but US government are stopping his funding at the end of the fiscal year, 1st Oct.

I'm super smart and don't believe conspiracy theories. Trust me

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Kchama posted:

As stated elsewhere, he's not doing this for the money. He specifically gives away what donations he gets to charity. I assume he wanted his group to be picked up by a real news org, but then his health scares made it impractical.

Probably dreamed of becoming another Bellingcat, but it just never worked out.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Tigey posted:

I agree, but accepting money directly from any kind of "MIC institution" would also have downsides and could hurt their credibility, or at least give Russian propaganda some ammo for attacking them.

I think Bellingcat is a good example. Whatever you may think of Brown Moses, Bellingcat are clearly very aggressively attacked as being a CIA psy-op - and these claims have stuck to an extent, because they do indeed get some funding indirectly from the US, via the National Endowment for Democracy (or whatever, can't remember all the details). It doesn't necessarily mean they are lapdog stooges of American imperialism, but it does make it harder for them to defend their independence, impartiality and accuracy.

Given the importance of Oryx statistics being perceived as objective and impartial, I'm not sure direct funding from Western govt-affiliated organisations is the best way. Crowd-funding might be better approach in this instance.

If tankies don't like you they'll claim that you're a CIA op regardless. If there's no public funding the tankies will claim it's obviously coming so secretly that only they have the power to detect it. The people attacking Bellingcat don't care about the funding, they care that it's exposing crimes by regimes they would rather make excuses for.

Also free Brown Moses.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

thekeeshman posted:

If tankies don't like you they'll claim that you're a CIA op regardless. If there's no public funding the tankies will claim it's obviously coming so secretly that only they have the power to detect it. The people attacking Bellingcat don't care about the funding, they care that it's exposing crimes by regimes they would rather make excuses for.

Also free Brown Moses.
Yes to all of this

There is literally no reason to care what a right-wing (or I guess in the case you mention, insane left-wing) ideologue says to criticize you, as it will either be untrue or meaningless

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Tarquinn posted:

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Tarquinn posted:

Brings to mind that Tywinn Lannister quote "Any man who says I am the king is no true king". It seems to apply to manliness too. There is nothing as unmanly as some whiny little poo poo who constantly needs to prove how manly he is, and is so loving scared all the time about being emasculated in the slightlest. It's like their entire loving lives revolve around proving themselves.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yea it doesn't matter if you're an entity of the CIA etc or not, if tankies don't like what you say, they'll use w/e jumps into their warped minds. Doesn't matter who or what the subject is. Peng Shuai rape apologia immediately jumps to mind.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Here in my garage Gnawledge guy: “What does Bellingcat do? Psyops!”

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Is there a legends compilation thread on Brown Moses for those of us who missed it?

the other hand
Dec 14, 2003

43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade
"Ultima Ratio Liberalium"

Dwesa posted:

We thought Putin is sitting behind absurdly long meeting tables because he is afraid of germs. But the truth is that he's afraid of his genitals being near another man's genitals because it would turn him gay.

I see where you’re coming from and it makes a lot of sense. But maybe even more importantly, if someone from the lowest Russian prison caste touches you, then you instantly get demoted to that caste and have to sleep by the toilets or something. He’d be insane to not stay out of everyone’s reach just in case.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

playing tag is hardcore in russia

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
lol this sounds a lot more impressive until you realize it's just 2

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1671507119458201607?s=20

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/NatalkaKyiv/status/1671517652995457024?s=20

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Have you not seen all the footage over the last few days of burnt out Ukraine tanks? Yeah me either..

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Apologies if this was posted ITT before but apparently, Putin's giant compensating tables are not (just) for avoiding assassinations, but its more ultra macho Christian masculinity to assure everybody that Putin is not :gay:

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

EorayMel posted:

Apologies if this was posted ITT before but apparently, Putin's giant compensating tables are not (just) for avoiding assassinations, but its more ultra macho Christian masculinity to assure everybody that Putin is not :gay:

fellas, is it gay to be able to see what your CO is indicating on the map?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

It does seem like they've been tapping the brakes a little bit. Ukraine is facing real obstacles and doesn't want to feed its forces into a meatgrinder until they can find a better way through.

This concept, of course, is entirely alien to Russia's followers.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Why would they need to suspend it, wasn't it crushed in one day, two weeks ago according to previous lies?

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

tiaz posted:

fellas, is it gay to be able to see what your CO is indicating on the map?

Maps are basically art, so looking at them with other men is really gay. Planning things also involves talking about the future with men, which is sort of gay as well. Better to skip both of these activities and get deployed straight to the trench like a real man.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1671528539655491585
Idiotic Russians jumping around when Pigozhin painted a completely different picture of the situation

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rad Russian posted:

Maps are basically art, so looking at them with other men is really gay. Planning things also involves talking about the future with men, which is sort of gay as well. Better to skip both of these activities and get deployed straight to the trench like a real man.

Spending time in a trench with other men? Now that's uber-gay. So just leap out of it and blindly assault the enemy.

However now that i think about it, madly rushing to jump into another trench with other men is about the gayest thing i can think of. So just get yourself killed instead.

Except getting shot means getting penetrated by a man. War is hell, there's no winning for a Russian hyper masculine soldier.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

the holy poopacy posted:

It does seem like they've been tapping the brakes a little bit. Ukraine is facing real obstacles and doesn't want to feed its forces into a meatgrinder until they can find a better way through.
Direct frontal assault at scale against prepared fortifications is always going to be a meat grinder. Breaching is considered the most difficult military operation for a good and horrific reason. Without plenty of mixed inventory of materiel for suppression, it's unthinkable, really. And afterwards, replenishment needs are going to be really high.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

the holy poopacy posted:

This concept, of course, is entirely alien to Russia's followers.

Aren't they attacking head-first into the most fortified part of the front? Its going to be a meatgrinder unless Russians just decide to run away, which they aren't doing as it seems.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

lol this sounds a lot more impressive until you realize it's just 2

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1671507119458201607?s=20

Two helicopters is two helicopters, it all adds up. :shrug:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Well hmm how could Ukraine limit it's casualties? Oh right... STRIKE CRAFT

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

TulliusCicero posted:

Russia is run by an entire Regime of Extremely Not Gay Men who are constantly terrified they might accidently touch each other's penises, while they scream and yell about how Brave and Manly(tm) they are

This really is the closest thing we have to a thought experiment of if the chuds ran their own country in Texas or Florida or something lol

I hosed up! I'm sorry!

There was a post here, but I deleted it.

I was angry and posted sarcasm, like a moron. I should not have posted.

Specifically, I was angry about the fact that when Ukraine's commander in chief was found not to be dead as some authoritarian shitheels had claimed, but rather was found leaning over maps making plans, the authoritarian shitheels pointed out that while he was leaning, his subordinate's hand was closer than a yard to his crotch. Those statements are really gross to me, when the Russian war machine is a horror show of rape and torture of everyone from their own rooster soldiers to innocent civilians of all ages being robbed, mutilated and murdered. So I made a post about what if that logic was actually real, if that's actually how authoritarian shitheels actually think, how do you beat them using their own logic? Of course you don't, because they don't use logic, they use terror, and you can't use terror to fight terror. Which is what I entirely failed to get across in that post.

Sarcasm is a tool I reach for when angry, and I shouldn't have.

I'm sorry, and I regret posting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Just give Ukraine the gay bomb already