Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
As an avid Wild player who has never disenchanted any rotated cards (unless they got nerfed) I am well up for this.
Should be interesting to see how metas shift when they change what the Twist is. It'll be nice to use old cards without having to run into several games that end up being non-games if I'm not playing a tier 1 meta deck.

Has the potential to replace Wild as my favourite game mode. Might be speaking too soon on this but we'll see how things unfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I've been really hoping for something like that for a while. My dream Classic replacement would have been each 'season' having Core + two randomly selected years of cards but this looks interesting too. I sort of hope the 'No Neutrals' isn't a perpetual thing though.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

NorgLyle posted:

I've been really hoping for something like that for a while. My dream Classic replacement would have been each 'season' having Core + two randomly selected years of cards but this looks interesting too. I sort of hope the 'No Neutrals' isn't a perpetual thing though.

No neutrals is basically the first ruleset they are running. The mode is going to be ever-shifting legal sets and a tavern brawl-like ruleset modifier (...usually, but apparently not always).

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1671222453480325120

This is nice…if they are reasonably priced. Doesn’t effect me personally since I almost never dust cards but anything more than like 1k gold would be excessive.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The “no neutrals” thing is low-key huge. That means there’s basically no weapon removal, hand disruption, or non-Priest silences.

I’m kind of stunned they’re not launching with a ban list. There’s no way this format isn’t 80% tryhards running their Standard Pure Paladin list with Cariel and Yrel swapped in, is there? And Questlines just seem sick.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RIP all the Classic bots

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

bravesword posted:

The “no neutrals” thing is low-key huge. That means there’s basically no weapon removal...

Hello Bulwark of Azzinoth my old friend.

A non-tech format sounds interesting, but also kind of nuts.

Edit: Looking at Wild decks that could almost one-for-one transfer over, Questline Druid is a consideration.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 20, 2023

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Classic was a neat novelty but there's only so many times you can play a completely solved and forever unchanging meta

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Twist looks like a good idea. I hope they rotate the format fairly often, not coinciding with set and miniset releases. This would help keep me from becoming bored with metas too quickly. Even Casual Wild has a lot of the same meta decks being played and has lost its luster a bit for me. Here's hoping for Twist to keep things interesting!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Dunno about Twist but they’re doing Twitch drops on the 22nd and 23rd and you can earn 9 total packs(for the expansions in Twist), 3 per hour.

quote:

Category-wide Twitch drops will be enabled for this event! From June 22, 9:00 a.m. (PST) to June 23, 9:00 a.m. (PST), you can earn up to nine free packs for watching Hearthstone!

Watch for one hour to earn 1 Ashes of Outland pack, 1 Scholomance Academy pack, and 1 Darkmoon Faire pack.
Watch for another hour to earn 1 Forged in the Barrens pack, 1 United in Stormwind pack, and 1 Fractured in Alterac Valley pack.
Watch for a third hour to earn 1 Voyage to the Sunken City pack, 1 Murder at Castle Nathria pack, and 1 March of the Lich King pack.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I'm guessing this will get a lot more people to venture into Wild, which is a good thing. It's where the fun lives.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I'm all up for a reason to have wild cards. While they're at it thru should make wild packs cost like 50g so people can build up the collections.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

GTO posted:

I'm all up for a reason to have wild cards. While they're at it thru should make wild packs cost like 50g so people can build up the collections.

A lot of the early sets are under powered and underplayed now and should not cost the same. They should also be buffed I think, but that is a more controversial opinion.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

GTO posted:

I as just thinking something similar. Reduce the crafting costs for things once they rotate.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
What does a pure pally list for this new format look like? I stopped playing between rastakan and festival so I’ve got no idea what’s out there

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
I had a rock duel going for over 60 damage and the scumbag conceded.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

What does a pure pally list for this new format look like? I stopped playing between rastakan and festival so I’ve got no idea what’s out there

Probably just the current Pure Pally list, just mixed in with all the Pally good stuff from Ashes onwards. I posted a list on the previous page, but Paladin got a lot of good stuff.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
There are a couple different ways you could go with it… the easiest way would be to port over a Standard list and add in, like, Lightforged Cariel. Alternate takes would be a Holy/Libram build, a Silver Hand build (with or without the Questline), or even a handbuff build. Just add in your Class Action Lawyers, Lightrays, and Countess and you’re good to go.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Just pointing out - up to 9 free packs from Twitch drops starting Jun 22nd 9:00 am PST.

quote:

Category-wide Twitch drops will be enabled for this event! From June 22, 9:00 a.m. (PST) to June 23, 9:00 a.m. (PST), you can earn up to nine free packs for watching Hearthstone!

Watch for one hour to earn 1 Ashes of Outland pack, 1 Scholomance Academy pack, and 1 Darkmoon Faire pack.
Watch for another hour to earn 1 Forged in the Barrens pack, 1 United in Stormwind pack, and 1 Fractured in Alterac Valley pack.
Watch for a third hour to earn 1 Voyage to the Sunken City pack, 1 Murder at Castle Nathria pack, and 1 March of the Lich King pack.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

They probably mean PDT, right?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

*six consecutive games of control priest and blood dk*

well that was unbelievably tedious, I guess relic dh is pretty much the only deck that beats them both so let’s try that

*four consecutive losses to enrage warriors*

ok time to play something else for a while

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Three(!) standard packs with Twitch Prime, starting today until July 19th.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Not all decks are good in the tavern brawl this week. Hunter I ran through it 8-0 after giving up against boss 6 with priest and losing to the first boss with DK.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Today's brawl was said to be a dungeon run style mode. I was pretty excited for that to return. It turns out it's just a typical book of heroes thing. Plus the decks they give you seem to really suck compared to your opponents. Very disappointing.

I also don't see anything to look forward to with the Twist mode. I don't really care about losing classic except for a simple way to farm the needed ranked wins for a week, but a replacement with some different card pools and brawl gimmicks doesn't do anything for me either.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Not all decks are good in the tavern brawl this week. Hunter I ran through it 8-0 after giving up against boss 6 with priest and losing to the first boss with DK.

I also lost to the first boss with DK and started over with mage. They built a deck around necrotic explosion but then barely have any cards that spend corpses. what

Lister fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 21, 2023

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

I guess I got lucky with my class choice. Druid doesn't have a GREAT deck but at least if your draw peters out you've still got your buffed up hero power to try and end the game with.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Why do they put a Costumed Singer (End of turn, draw a secret) into the Tavern Brawl mage deck and then just don't add any secrets in there at all?

No wait, don't tell me.

Edit: Also just learned that Solar Eclipse and Rythm and Roots don't work together, so that's a pretty cool way to lose the brawl.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 21, 2023

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Yeah the Hunter deck seems fairly solid.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

Just to notify everyone that the event is live now where you can claim packs if you've linked your Twitch account with your Blizzard account and watch HS streams for 3 hours. Good number of packs to claim but there's only a day in which to do it

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
My takeaway from the preview stream is: it’s lame as hell that we finally get a Rafaam hero skin and it’s one of those gaudy, overanimated premium ones.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Worth noting you gotta click the button to claim every hour too, can’t just leave it tabbed out overnight. Is there a reward for doing all 8 of the tavern brawl fights? It seems I already got the pack after the first one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blasmeister posted:

Worth noting you gotta click the button to claim every hour too, can’t just leave it tabbed out overnight. Is there a reward for doing all 8 of the tavern brawl fights? It seems I already got the pack after the first one.

Yup, a pack for the current expansion. Hunter seems like the easiest one to do it with(though I still lost once)

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

RatHat posted:

Yup, a pack for the current expansion. Hunter seems like the easiest one to do it with(though I still lost once)

I got to the final boss with DH, but I don't understand how to beat him with it. He develops too many boards and I can't stick one.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Mini-set update. It's better now lol, even with the Hope nerf:

### Beasty Boys
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 2x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAEBAa/XAwTbkQTnuQSwkwXT+AUNuwXZCYEK6rsCoIUDpIgDos4D2+oDlPwDg8gEv9MEwO0Ej+QFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

RatHat posted:

I was really hoping that you would get either treasure selection or the ability to change your deck in some way as you progressed, but apparently it was just a fancy version of book of heroes.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Hound Hunter is supposed to be easy mode, but I cannot figure out how to make it work. If I draw King Krush, I cannot cheat him out of Faithful Companion and I'm dead. If I don't draw Stranglethorn Heart, I'm dead. If I don't draw Cope of Quel'thalas before my hounds die, I'm dead. It feels like I can win only with very lucky draws.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It’s a midrange tempo deck, not a combo deck. You use your early drops + Wildseeds + bananas to control the board and get in early damage. If you fall behind, use Star Power and Hollow Hound to get back into the game. Don’t get greedy with Faithful Companion; sometimes it’s better to play it on seven for the immediate board presence or damage rather than trying to do the Lor’themar + Companion one-shot technique. King Krush (and Astalor) are there to finish the job your other cards started, not win the game single-handedly.

Occasionally against heavy control the plan is to revive 4+ Krushes with Heart and blow your opponent up, but that’s rarely Plan A.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
I mean I'm only in low Diamond, but it has been awesome for me as long as I don't run into deathrattle Druid or Blood DK. The hound is just such good stabilization and healing against aggressive decks.

And yeah, if you play it aggressive enough you can be killing with Crush on turn 7.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 23, 2023

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Szarrukin posted:

Hound Hunter is supposed to be easy mode, but I cannot figure out how to make it work. If I draw King Krush, I cannot cheat him out of Faithful Companion and I'm dead. If I don't draw Stranglethorn Heart, I'm dead. If I don't draw Cope of Quel'thalas before my hounds die, I'm dead. It feels like I can win only with very lucky draws.

Against heavy control decks like blood dk and priest it can definitely be a real bummer when you draw all 4 of your big beasts before your selective breeders/faithful companion/lor’themar, but for most matchups you’re usually leveraging your early tempo and pushing enough face damage that you don’t need max big beast value

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I've not played the deck but finley is a hedge for decks like that where you might want to undraw a bunch of cards. Dunno if it runs that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Menagerie Warrior has been a really fun, smooth climb through D5. It can play rushdown but also has a surprising amount of gas in the tank when games go long; I just beat a Renethal DK who kept healing to full and had me in fatigue for 5 turns where I was able to play 2 Nellies and 4 One-Amalgam-Bands. Feels like you always have a full hand and a bunch of overstatted minions to play, it's very enjoyable.