Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jolly green giant or store brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HyVee

Schrute Nation
May 29, 2007
Ha,Ha...Thought you could keep me out didja?

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I've only ever lurked this thread but I made the stupid mistake of asking goons in a slack last week about a grinder recommendation since my Cuisinart burr grinder poo poo the bed.

Now I have a Capresso Infinity, Timemore C2, two pounds of green beans, a popcorn popper, have watched about half of James Hoffmann's content, and have been furiously working on my one cup game with the aeropress and moka pot several times daily. I'm dangerously close to getting a digital thermometer.

I feel for you. I lurked this thread and within a month bought my first mechanical grinder.

Why must the satisfying hobbies cost so much?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I'm working on roasting some Colombia Huila in 50g batches tonight, just trying to find 2nd crack. I took my first two batches 5 and 8 minutes past first crack, and they still look pretty light.

SlinkyMink
Jul 28, 2022

I've only ever lurked this thread but I made the stupid mistake of asking goons in a slack last week about a grinder recommendation since my Cuisinart burr grinder poo poo the bed.

Now I have a Capresso Infinity, Timemore C2, two pounds of green beans, a popcorn popper, have watched about half of James Hoffmann's content, and have been furiously working on my one cup game with the aeropress and moka pot several times daily. I'm dangerously close to getting a digital thermometer.

Enjoy the journey! After a couple years of home roasting and drinking my own roasts, I realized I loved it so much that I wanted to expand and learn more. I ended up investing in an Aillio Bullet and haven't regretted a thing. Now I get to roast big batches for friends and family and also make some money on the side. It's a rabbit hole, for sure!

Btw, another really great resource are Scott Rao's books on roasting and being a professional barista, in case you're hungry for more info.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

MetaJew posted:

Hmm, looking at the burr choices, again, I'm wondering if the Mizen is a better choice for espresso and pour over. I don't feel like light roasts are always easy to find locally, vs medium roasts. In addition, I was gifted a monthly coffee subscription from a local roaster (Greater Goods) and it seemed like the bulk of coffees they mailed me were dark roasts.

I've still got analysis paralysis on burr choice for the P64.

If I'm using top and bottom filters in my Cafelat Robot, am I already reducing the texture present in my espresso? If that's the case should I just go with the SSP Unimodal/Multipurpose?

I guess I'm concerned about if the SSP Unimodal will suck for dark and medium roasts or if you can just go coarser with it, or what.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Huh, my Samsung Galaxy bud pro 2s in ambient mode amplifies sound and makes it 10x easier to hear first crack when roasting with my kaffelogic, I'm talking from across the kitchen with my range hood on max.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

MetaJew posted:

I've still got analysis paralysis on burr choice for the P64.

If I'm using top and bottom filters in my Cafelat Robot, am I already reducing the texture present in my espresso? If that's the case should I just go with the SSP Unimodal/Multipurpose?

I guess I'm concerned about if the SSP Unimodal will suck for dark and medium roasts or if you can just go coarser with it, or what.

You’ll have to seek advice elsewhere when it comes to darker roasts, as I have no idea how the Unimodal burrs will behave with those. I only do light roasts.

Edit: you probably are filtering out some body with the filters, but probably less than you expect.

Gunder fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 18, 2023

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

MASSIVEBoonus posted:

Enjoy the journey! After a couple years of home roasting and drinking my own roasts, I realized I loved it so much that I wanted to expand and learn more. I ended up investing in an Aillio Bullet and haven't regretted a thing. Now I get to roast big batches for friends and family and also make some money on the side. It's a rabbit hole, for sure!

Btw, another really great resource are Scott Rao's books on roasting and being a professional barista, in case you're hungry for more info.

Nice, thanks for the recommendation. I'm a ~scientist~ so I'm going at this with a pretty systematic approach. I did 4 roast levels of a Colombian Huila the other night and 3 roasts of Costa Rican Candelilla. Pretty sure I over roasted most of the Huila, as the longest three of them ranged from "this is coffee" to "toasty water." The Candelilla came out better. It's a more delicate bean in comparison and the first crack was barely noticeable. The shortest roast of that variety is definitely too short, but the longest which is only 3 minutes more than the shortest, is really good.

The Sweet Maria guy Byron (?) makes it sound like these should only be taking around 10 minutes per batch, so I'll run another few batches tonight with an eye on temperature and time.

I'm also trying to learn to drink lighter roasts. Seems like usually at the shops I go to, lighter roasts are just way too astringent to my tongue. The (successful) ones I've roasted and brewed at home are much nicer. I'm doing all my testing with the Timemore C2 and aeropress and a strict 12g:200g immersion.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Anyone have a preferred separate milk frother? I shouldn't have waited and just bought the AEVO one that was posted 10 pages back, but now it's gone and/or listed for over double the price and I'd be better off just buying a nanofoamer pro at $120. Except I don't really want to spend that much if I can avoid it.

SlinkyMink
Jul 28, 2022

Nice, thanks for the recommendation. I'm a ~scientist~ so I'm going at this with a pretty systematic approach. I did 4 roast levels of a Colombian Huila the other night and 3 roasts of Costa Rican Candelilla. Pretty sure I over roasted most of the Huila, as the longest three of them ranged from "this is coffee" to "toasty water." The Candelilla came out better. It's a more delicate bean in comparison and the first crack was barely noticeable. The shortest roast of that variety is definitely too short, but the longest which is only 3 minutes more than the shortest, is really good.

The Sweet Maria guy Byron (?) makes it sound like these should only be taking around 10 minutes per batch, so I'll run another few batches tonight with an eye on temperature and time.

I'm also trying to learn to drink lighter roasts. Seems like usually at the shops I go to, lighter roasts are just way too astringent to my tongue. The (successful) ones I've roasted and brewed at home are much nicer. I'm doing all my testing with the Timemore C2 and aeropress and a strict 12g:200g immersion.

I think, given your approach, you'd really appreciate Rao's books, then. He definitely tries to nail more of the science behind the processes and explains why things happen, which I think is cool. I'm mostly just a lucky dumbass who got very interested in roasting since coffee is life, and so I tried to learn what I could and document a ton early on. I still have a ton to learn but people really seem to like my coffee, so I keep roasting, I guess! It sounds like you're already finding luck with your approach, so that's definitely exciting. Dialing in what you enjoy and finding your groove is so loving satisfying. My wife doesn't even bother going out for coffee anymore since we can make it better at home (sometimes).

If you are interested in trying lighter roasts, I've always been a fan of Papua New Guinea beans as an origin (I'm not good enough to taste elevation and soil terroir but PNG as a whole has seemed to be fairly consistent, so you probably can't go wrong). Not only is PNG a bit milder in my experience and less astringent and bright than some of the more popular African beans (Yirgacheffe comes to mind), but it's pretty forgiving in terms of roast levels. It's just a really drinkable coffee. Maybe you'd enjoy it, too!

I really need to jump on the aeropress train, though... That poo poo seems pretty cash.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Sweet, thanks for the encouragement, tips and recommendations. I'll look Rao up.

I got my beans from Happy Mug, and they've got a huge variety. Next time I order I'll probably branch out a bit. I want to achieve a good dark roast, but everything I'm watching and reading points to lighter roasts having more flavor and complexity. PNG sounds like a good region to try for that.

Re: Aeropress, they're really good. The original holds exactly 12g coffee and 200g water. Hoffmann's ultimate technique is what I've started using. That is, 12g coffee in, 200g water in, as quickly as possible, swirl/stir, then get the plunger on so as little as possible filters out, steep for however long (he says best flavor is 4ish minutes and up I think), then press really slowly.
I've always really liked good coffee before my latest level up of nerding over it, and the Aeropress has been one of my favorite methods for a few years now. Just kind of a bonus that I apparently had one of the better tools for making a consistent one cup. It makes replication and experimentation very easy. Plus it's primo for traveling and camping.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jhet posted:

Anyone have a preferred separate milk frother? I shouldn't have waited and just bought the AEVO one that was posted 10 pages back, but now it's gone and/or listed for over double the price and I'd be better off just buying a nanofoamer pro at $120. Except I don't really want to spend that much if I can avoid it.

You could always opt for the regular Nanofoamer that’s about half the cost. It’s still good just not as automatic as the Pro will end up being.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

George H.W. oval office posted:

You could always opt for the regular Nanofoamer that’s about half the cost. It’s still good just not as automatic as the Pro will end up being.

I'm good with the steam wand on the Silvia, but my wife cannot manage to figure it out, so she just doesn't use it. It needs to be the lowest effort thing in the morning or it won't get used. Guess I'll just order the Pro while it's on a small discount on Indiegogo and leave it to show up in Sept.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Jhet posted:

I'm good with the steam wand on the Silvia, but my wife cannot manage to figure it out, so she just doesn't use it. It needs to be the lowest effort thing in the morning or it won't get used. Guess I'll just order the Pro while it's on a small discount on Indiegogo and leave it to show up in Sept.

That AEVO has held up pretty well through 3 years of daily use, but it's at the point now where every so often it won't spin when I turn it on. I still feel like it was well worth the money.

This is another one someone posted a while back that seems pretty good and well reviewed.

Maestri House Milk Frother https://a.co/d/73R0keV

SlinkyMink
Jul 28, 2022

Sweet, thanks for the encouragement, tips and recommendations. I'll look Rao up.

I got my beans from Happy Mug, and they've got a huge variety. Next time I order I'll probably branch out a bit. I want to achieve a good dark roast, but everything I'm watching and reading points to lighter roasts having more flavor and complexity. PNG sounds like a good region to try for that.

Re: Aeropress, they're really good. The original holds exactly 12g coffee and 200g water. Hoffmann's ultimate technique is what I've started using. That is, 12g coffee in, 200g water in, as quickly as possible, swirl/stir, then get the plunger on so as little as possible filters out, steep for however long (he says best flavor is 4ish minutes and up I think), then press really slowly.
I've always really liked good coffee before my latest level up of nerding over it, and the Aeropress has been one of my favorite methods for a few years now. Just kind of a bonus that I apparently had one of the better tools for making a consistent one cup. It makes replication and experimentation very easy. Plus it's primo for traveling and camping.

Ooh, I've always used Sweet Marias and Coffee Shrub for my bulk purchases. I'm always interested in trying alternative storefronts. Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm always looking for better camping coffee equipment. I'm using a glass french press so I play a dangerous game. Might be time to check out the aeropress XL...

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
My wife gave me the green light to pick up an espresso machine.

I've spun up the ebay searches and found a post-mod Gaggia Classic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285336580089

Anything wild I should know about this thing? This will be my first machine. Looks to be in good shape and ships with all the original bits/bobs.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Bandire posted:

That AEVO has held up pretty well through 3 years of daily use, but it's at the point now where every so often it won't spin when I turn it on. I still feel like it was well worth the money.

This is another one someone posted a while back that seems pretty good and well reviewed.

Maestri House Milk Frother https://a.co/d/73R0keV

Asked the boss and she liked this one so I’ll give it a try when it gets here. Looks like it will function and capably heat the milk to do so.

Also the benefit of not waiting for it to arrive in four months.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Cannon_Fodder posted:

My wife gave me the green light to pick up an espresso machine.

I've spun up the ebay searches and found a post-mod Gaggia Classic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285336580089

Anything wild I should know about this thing? This will be my first machine. Looks to be in good shape and ships with all the original bits/bobs.

whats your budget for both grinder and espresso machine

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Decided to go for a v60 setup instead of Aeropress for now. Everything I have is espresso-specific so I'm essentially looking for a grinder, a v60, and a gooseneck kettle. I'm in Canada but can get pretty much anything via distributors here.

I'm curious what the thread favorites are for grinder/v60/kettle.

Grinder: Is the fellow ode 2 with the SSP burrs the standard now for that price range? I don't want to spend any more than that and probably would prefer to spend a little less. I have a Eureka Chrono (with espresso burrs swapped in) grinder for espresso, anyone using a Eureka grinder with the filter coffee burrs? It's about half the price of the Fellow and I'm really happy with the build quality of my existing Eureka grinder. Maybe I'll just buy another Chrono and use the filter burrs in it.

Kettle: I also drink tea and would prefer a kettle that lets me set a temperature so I can use it for various teas. Anyone have a gooseneck kettle they like with multiple temperature settings?

V60: Is there a goon favorite? I'll review the Hoffman stuff but I remember he likes plastic for heat reasons.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

Decided to go for a v60 setup instead of Aeropress for now. Everything I have is espresso-specific so I'm essentially looking for a grinder, a v60, and a gooseneck kettle. I'm in Canada but can get pretty much anything via distributors here.

Grinder: Is the fellow ode 2 with the SSP burrs the standard now for that price range? I don't want to spend any more than that and probably would prefer to spend a little less. I have a Eureka Chrono (with espresso burrs swapped in) grinder for espresso, anyone using a Eureka grinder with the filter coffee burrs? It's about half the price of the Fellow and I'm really happy with the build quality of my existing Eureka grinder. Maybe I'll just buy another Chrono and use the filter burrs in it.

Kettle: I also drink tea and would prefer a kettle that lets me set a temperature so I can use it for various teas. Anyone have a gooseneck kettle they like with multiple temperature settings?

V60: Is there a goon favorite? I'll review the Hoffman stuff but I remember he likes plastic for heat reasons.

Plastic is best.

Hario Pour Over Coffee Starter Set Coffee Dripper Set Dripper, Glass Server, Scoop and Filters Size 02, Black https://a.co/d/1LTfvta

Gunder
May 22, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

Ode v2 is a great choice but don't bother with the SSP burrs as the upgrade you will get is very slight. This wasn't the case with the original Ode, but the V2 is much better in that regard. I really like the Fellow EKG kettle and also use it for loose-leaf teas. It's great. Plastic V60 is the one to get. It's just as good, or better than the other materials and won't break if you drop it.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Sweeper posted:

whats your budget for both grinder and espresso machine

That's why this is kind of a lucky find, my budget is around 500 and I have a couple burr hand grinders already.

What other options do you guys propose? I'm sure I'll want to up my grinder game in the future, but right now I'm hunting the espresso unit and making due with hand grinding.

For grinders I have the Hario Skerton and a pretty portable Javapresse burr grinder (for on the go aeropress shenanigans). Probably a loving workout for a fine grind but I work from home and have the time.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 21, 2023

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Cannon_Fodder posted:

That's why this is kind of a lucky find, my budget is around 500 and I have a couple burr hand grinders already.

What other options do you guys propose? I'm sure I'll want to up my grinder game in the future, but right now I'm hunting the espresso unit and making due with hand grinding.

For grinders I have the Hario Skerton and a pretty portable Javapresse burr grinder (for on the go aeropress shenanigans). Probably a loving workout for a fine grind but I work from home and have the time.

I was recently on the low-budget espresso journey. I started with the 1Zpresso J-Max hand grinder (~$170) and a De'Longhi ECP3420 with a depressurized basket (~$190). I'm not sure there's a lower budget off-the-shelf setup that will (sometimes) brew a good shot of espresso.

I gave up on the hand grinder first and upgraded to a Niche (~$700). It wasn't only the effort, the shots were too inconsistent even with a nice hand grinder. I'm sure I won't have the ECP3420 forever but with a good grinder and basket it actually works well.

At budgets below $1200 if you're looking to make quality shots you'll be spending the lion's share on the grinder. If you really want to get the machine first, you can make sure you have a pressurized basket and it will work without an expensive grinder - but that puts a pretty hard ceiling on the quality of the shots.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Don’t use a skerton for espresso….you’re going to kill yourself with anger.

The reason people say spend more on a grinder is consistency. If that javapresse can’t grind fine enough and with a decent spread at the fiber spectrum (meaning it can have a few fine setting to grind at), you’re going to get frustrated and blame things on the machine when it’s likely the grinders fault.

Any (almost) grinder can go fine enough to choke an espresso machine. But it’s the variability in fineness that allows you to properly dial in a shot.

Maybe look at reviews for the fellow opus or Baratza ESP as some lower end espresso grinders. There are also electric. Hand grinding becomes very daunting when you’re hand grinding multiple shots to try and dial in something for espresso.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Excellent feedback guys, thank you.

I'll begin by upping my grinder game first. It'll benefit me on the other coffee styles as well.

Cart before horse noted.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Excellent feedback guys, thank you.

I'll begin by upping my grinder game first. It'll benefit me on the other coffee styles as well.

Cart before horse noted.

IMO get a Niche and a Flair/Robot to start. Upgrade to a traditional machine if/when you outgrow the manual style.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

amenenema posted:

IMO get a Niche and a Flair/Robot to start. Upgrade to a traditional machine if/when you outgrow the manual style.

The Flair seem like pretty simple and inexpensive machines. 150-200 on eBay and with the pressure gauge. I've played around with some silly doohickeys like the picopress so I know to bring the temp on the unit up before trying to pour a shot. They also seem pretty accessible so I'll follow your suggestion and poke around for a competent grinder.

That niche zero looks the part. Is it competent for a drip coffee grind as well or specifically espresso?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I think the Niche and Robot would be a great starting point.

I'm still using a borrowed Orphan Espresso Lido 3 hand grinder for my espresso and it is frustrating to dial in a new coffee-- and then as the bean changes slightly over time I'm generally too lazy to try and make adjustments to the grind size. In addition, it's simply added effort to an already manual process.

I would much rather have an electric grinder to shorten the total time to brew espresso.

I'm planning to buy the Lagom P64 (if I can decide on a burr set, I'm leaning towards the Mizen, I think), but I gather that the Niche is a really good grinder.

Watch Hoffmann's comparison or reviews of the Robot and the Flair, if you haven't already.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Another vote for a robot with pressure gauge

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Cannon_Fodder posted:

The Flair seem like pretty simple and inexpensive machines. 150-200 on eBay and with the pressure gauge. I've played around with some silly doohickeys like the picopress so I know to bring the temp on the unit up before trying to pour a shot. They also seem pretty accessible so I'll follow your suggestion and poke around for a competent grinder.

That niche zero looks the part. Is it competent for a drip coffee grind as well or specifically espresso?

The niche zero is great. I have one I use with my robot.

It’s easy to dial in for espresso and has a wide range due to the burrs/stepless dial.

I brew medium to dark roasts. Some people complain that the conical burr profile of the niche doesn’t do light roasts well, but my palate will never be that refined to properly notice.

The niche can go back and forth for drip and espresso.

If you decide on a niche, you can probably score a deal on /r/coffeeswap. New grinders are coming out and people are offloading the niche. I have no plans to upgrade the niche because it does everything I want.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I think I might have more luck with a manual press anyway. The hardwater in my area is pretty bad.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

nwin posted:

If you decide on a niche, you can probably score a deal on /r/coffeeswap. New grinders are coming out and people are offloading the niche. I have no plans to upgrade the niche because it does everything I want.

Thanks for sharing this. I was trying to figure out where to eventually sell my Vario W.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

MetaJew posted:

Thanks for sharing this. I was trying to figure out where to eventually sell my Vario W.

That thing looks massive. Maybe it's just the ad.

MustacheNet
Dec 26, 2011

I'm working on roasting some Colombia Huila in 50g batches tonight, just trying to find 2nd crack. I took my first two batches 5 and 8 minutes past first crack, and they still look pretty light.

Maybe your popper doesn't get hot enough. Do you have any way to check? Laser thermometer maybe?

You say you're a scientist and this is going to expose exactly how blind you are using a popper versus something like a Hottop at a lot more money. Sorry if this makes you spend a lot. But this is coffee so here we are.

Watch this and you can see what's happening during a roast with the bean temperatures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qNyp6DONgk

You can see he hits 398 degrees bean temp before he drops the beans as a reference point.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

MustacheNet posted:

Maybe your popper doesn't get hot enough. Do you have any way to check? Laser thermometer maybe?

You say you're a scientist and this is going to expose exactly how blind you are using a popper versus something like a Hottop at a lot more money. Sorry if this makes you spend a lot. But this is coffee so here we are.

Watch this and you can see what's happening during a roast with the bean temperatures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qNyp6DONgk

You can see he hits 398 degrees bean temp before he drops the beans as a reference point.

I did a few 80-100 g batches the other night and had my IR thermometer. I recorded time and temp at first crack, monitored temp throughout, and took temp right at the end of the roast. Temp range fluctuated quite a bit, between 185 and 200F throughout the process. I think the popper must have a thermostat. I'm kind of surprised, I expected much hotter. Although I guess the plastic housing is likely to get squishy much hotter than that.

At any rate, I've been getting a good light roast with the Costa Rica Candelillas. Definitely taste the cherries and brown sugar and whatever else notes. The Colombia Huila is proving harder. I'm getting best results pulling it a little short of second crack but its still a little burnt tasting regardless of duration. I'm going to tinker with grind a bit.

MustacheNet
Dec 26, 2011

I did a few 80-100 g batches the other night and had my IR thermometer. I recorded time and temp at first crack, monitored temp throughout, and took temp right at the end of the roast. Temp range fluctuated quite a bit, between 185 and 200F throughout the process. I think the popper must have a thermostat. I'm kind of surprised, I expected much hotter. Although I guess the plastic housing is likely to get squishy much hotter than that.

At any rate, I've been getting a good light roast with the Costa Rica Candelillas. Definitely taste the cherries and brown sugar and whatever else notes. The Colombia Huila is proving harder. I'm getting best results pulling it a little short of second crack but its still a little burnt tasting regardless of duration. I'm going to tinker with grind a bit.

First crack should be way hotter. You might be getting temp from the plastic surface of the popper and not the beans.

https://library.sweetmarias.com/first-crack-faq-what-is-first-crack-what-is-second-crack/

Next question, where do you get visually using this?
https://library.sweetmarias.com/using-sight-to-determine-degree-of-roast/

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Sorry, I meant degrees Celsius. Still expected hotter as it never breaks 400F.

Let me get some good pictures for color comparison. At a glance, they're City+ to Full City though. For my latest batch anyhow.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I’d get one of the TimeMore Sculptors over a Niche. Shipping soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

So coming from a Latin family most of my coffee experience is from ventanitas, and moka pots with Cafe Bustelo making coffee or just the espumita for others.

I'm looking for a present for my mom and was thinking of some coffee for her that goes well with the style they're used to or maybe upgrading the moka pot(some no name brand from the 70 or 80's I think).

Also what is the thought/research on the espumita.Like, has anyone added real expresso to it and does it make a difference.