Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Say it ain't so
The sub will not go
All the power's off
Rich people self own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

Here's a video from a Spanish influencer that went on a trip last year. They have an issue on descent and the pilot drops one of the sandbag ballasts with the bluetooth controller.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAncVNaw5N0&t=447s

Their poo poo is just running on windows? godam

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Vim Fuego posted:

Their poo poo is just running on windows? godam

Known for being the most stable of OS

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I can't believe this thing worked at all, let alone multiple times before it killed everyone on board. That's amazing

PurpleXVI posted:

I think the most amazing thing is that this stupid machine had apparently made the dive previously without killing everyone on board.

:hmmyes:

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

The Guardian posted:

A man who was on the Titan last year told Sky News that the submersible was not safe.

Speaking to the outlet, former passenger Arthur Loibl said that everybody was nervous during the 2021 expedition to the Titanic wreck.

Loibl went on to describe the cramped conditions of the vessel, saying, There is no seat, you cannot stand, you cannot kneel, you only sit for 10 and a half hours.

Our legs are like a crab, like a snake because it was so small, nothing was comfortable.

He also added that the vessel was very, very cold as the temperature outside the submersible was 4 degrees Celsius.

When asked whether he felt that the submarine was safe, Loibl replied, No, it was not safe.

i'm guessing in germany it's criss cross crab und snake soe.

ShredsYouSay fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 21, 2023

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm just saying that if they can get a detailed 3D sonar image of approximately where the submersible is/was, then they'd really be able to tell, generally, what happened, and whether or not they even need to bother rushing to try and get it.

Though I guess after tomorrow at 7am, it won't matter at all.

I think the approximate location is about the size of Connecticut.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Grey Cat posted:

Known for being the most stable of OS

Right? No way that can be a problem

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Captain Invictus posted:

If the pilot killed the rest of them how much longer would the air supply hold out for

They had 96 hours if they didn't implode. I suppose that would mean 480 hours unless enclosed air doesn't work that way.

They totally imploded though. Everything about the design of the fart-tube is a disaster.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Vim Fuego posted:

I can't believe this thing worked at all, let alone multiple times before it killed everyone on board. That's amazing

It worked a total of three times - a 75% safety rate is good, yeah?

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
Groversub thread closes at midnight

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Butterfly Valley posted:

We say toodleoo crumpets and stew

Well thats just lovely.

Rotten rear end Joe posted:

Do y'all think they're munching on each other's flesh if they're not dead?

Its only been a couple days so no one would be starving yet but yes.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm just saying that if they can get a detailed 3D sonar image of approximately where the submersible is/was, then they'd really be able to tell, generally, what happened, and whether or not they even need to bother rushing to try and get it.

You should get Elon to broadcast this idea

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Edit: this joke was already made nevermind!

Never stopped anyone before ;)

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kkns8RCs-w

They are dead for sure

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
You know what? That company that made the front window, which they said was good to 1300 meters, they make a good product. It made 5 dives to 4000 meters before possibly blowing out and killing everyone, that's like a 3x safety factor

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm still laughing at sticking the shitter and piss bottle in the same place as the only window.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Pookah posted:

It worked a total of three times - a 75% safety rate is good, yeah?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

zedprime posted:

Just imagine your last experiences on Earth are sitting criss cross apple sauce in a tube while an old guy takes off his shirt and plays My Heart Will Go On.

I can't do this because I'm not David Lynch.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I'm still laughing at sticking the shitter and piss bottle in the same place as the only window.

Not to mention the driver's seat, surely that can't be problematic.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

I'm curious why SEA PATROL has been so quiet through all this. They have the technology to make this a quick rescue.......or recover the human goo, depending on which is needed.

Scooby goos

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

That's only a week per migrant saved, not too harsh IMO

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

T3hRen3gade posted:

Yes, it's an extremely common phrase used in kindergartens across the United States. It has a doubly dark meaning in this context as well, as they were sitting criss-cross and are now likely crushed into apple sauce.

:hmmyes:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Witeldram posted:

They are dead for sure

Wow a daily mail story where they're not blaming immigrants. Impressive find.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

they are ~11000 feet deeper than the current deepest successful undersea rescue (Pisces 3) - even assuming they haven't imploded, swept away, smashed into the titanic wreck, death by kraken

:rip:

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wait what happens when they have to go poop
There's a toilet on board! Well, more of a poop box. A poop box with a piss jug in it. And I'm not sure your poop gets disposed of in any actual way, so it probably just kind of sits in the box. And after a few days there's going to be a lot of poop in the box. And a lot of piss in the piss jug. Hey, at least there's a curtain for privacy!

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
Anyone know what air pressure they maintain on the inside of these things?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Pvt. Parts posted:

Anyone know what air pressure they maintain on the inside of these things?

Atmospheric. As in, STP, Room temperature, etc.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

What if instead of ocean water, it is instead filled with piss?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Wee posted:

From The Daily Mail

imagine caring about a dumb shipwreck enough to actually get in that thing jfc

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

raggedphoto posted:

Seems like a waste of multiple countries time and money to keep looking for these rear end clowns, I wonder when they'll call it all off.

A sunk cost fallacy, you might say

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Germans are the kindest people. Try to name a German who has ever done something bad. You can't!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/RadishHarmers/status/1671204122400370719

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
[In Alice from Well There's Your Problem voice]: "Soup like homogenate."

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Booooo

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

smoobles posted:

we all died in a ghetto submarine

Lol

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Currently researching alternate rescue methods

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

RC and Moon Pie posted:

What if instead of ocean water, it is instead filled with piss?

Completely filled? Less likely to implode, therefore safer.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Grey Cat posted:

Easier to relate to a squirrel than a billionaire. Their lives are so far removed from our own it's not easy to relate for most people.

lets put it this way they managed to kill themselves in a way that like practically nobody on this forum could afford to do

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

HonorableTB posted:

lets put it this way they managed to kill themselves in a way that like practically nobody on this forum could afford to do

Billionaires always innovating

And think of the jobs theyre creating in trying to rescue them truly trickle down economics works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I dont think Ive seen a single person who has actually visited the Titanic wreck not share what nightmare scenario they think the sub is in which makes me think that everyone whos been there spent most of their time imagining how they would die.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/missing-titanic-submersible-live-updates-rcna90315/rcrd14409

Submersible could be caught in Titanic wreckage, scientist theorizes

quote:

Jeff Karson, a deep sea researcher, pointed to two possible explanations for the missing Titan submersible. In one scenario, a mechanical failure may have prevented the watercraft from dropping the steel weights that help it travel to the ocean floor, he said.

But the likelier explanation, he said, is that the submersible is entangled in or caught underneath a piece of the Titanic wreckage.

The passengers may have run into some bad luck, said Karson, a professor emeritus of earth and environmental sciences at Syracuse University who has conducted numerous scientific expeditions to the ocean floor via a submersible named Alvin.

They could be like a balloon that floats to the top of your ceiling. They just cant go up any more, he said.

Based on his experience, Karson said, conditions inside the Titan are likely cold and cramped, with just a single window through which to view the surrounding darkness. Temperatures at the bottom of the ocean are just above freezing and the inside of the submersible is likely dripping wet from condensation, he added.

At about 12,500 feet below sea level, the Titanic remains are in a very forbidding environment, Karson said.

It is completely silent, he said. Theres no currents. Theres no weather. Its just this unbelievable, dark, still place.