Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Data Graham posted:

*black-and-white clip of someone in a kitchen with burrito fillings blorting out, stares exasperatedly at the camera* Has this ever happened to YOU???

*uses burrito sleeve, it explodes even worse* This is exactly what we DIDN'T want to happen!! :byodood:

[shakes fist in exasperation] There has got to be a better way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

root beer posted:

Hi, Phil Swift here, and if you love burritos, you're gonna love the newest addition to the Flex Seal family of products

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I have no hands and i must burrito

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

root beer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLbgO0q6n4U

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Pita, so named because it's a pain in the rear end to make a flatbread roll up.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

zedprime posted:

Pita, so named because it's a pain in the rear end to make a flatbread roll up.

Try using your hands instead

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

LifeSunDeath posted:

this is just so weird and pointless:

They are good for my children to stop them dropping food everywhere..

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've tried that. It's good for lazy friday meals.

Cook up your filling and scoop it in there and never need to worry about about spilling.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
In the UK these are (or at least were) marketed as Stand and Stuff pockets

Edit, my mistake these are they:

monkeytennis has a new favorite as of 21:59 on Jun 21, 2023

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

monkeytennis posted:

In the UK these are (or at least were) marketed as Stand and Stuff pockets

Edit, my mistake these are they:

This is like the worst of both worlds, the floppiness of a tortilla dropping your poo poo everywhere combined with the form factor of a bowl yet no rigidity or resistance to a knife and fork which you'd need to eat the loving thing because its not burrito shaped

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

This is like the worst of both worlds, the floppiness of a tortilla dropping your poo poo everywhere combined with the form factor of a bowl yet no rigidity or resistance to a knife and fork which you'd need to eat the loving thing because its not burrito shaped

:confused:

It is burrito shaped :colbert:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Burritos are enclosed tubes with structural integrity provided by the wrap, this thing is a floppy open bowl which if filled to anything like the suggested serving on the packet would be a huge pain to eat without cutlery

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

They should make long tubes of tortilla casing that you can fill with burrito ingredients like sausages

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

they should make a burrito you can suck out like a gogurt for kids on the go

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ror posted:

They should make long tubes of tortilla casing that you can fill with burrito ingredients like sausages

This right here, that's the kind of innovation we need in food science

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Ror posted:

Thats basically what that is.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

I had these once at a potluck. They're stiffer than normal tortillas so the boat shape holds up when filled. They're small enough that its basically a burrito with the top open or a soft taco that stays folded up when set down on a plate. I wouldn't buy them but it served its purpose ok. I could see it working well for children, like at a party.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Thats basically what that is.

I'm picturing hose-length, coiled around a drum

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBuQehx1SDw

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Quid posted:

I had these once at a potluck. They're stiffer than normal tortillas so the boat shape holds up when filled. They're small enough that its basically a burrito with the top open or a soft taco that stays folded up when set down on a plate. I wouldn't buy them but it served its purpose ok. I could see it working well for children, like at a party.

Hmm op hmmmm I'm not convinced. The ones shaped like a sock sure but not this malarkey.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Butterfly Valley posted:

a knife and fork which you'd need to eat the loving thing because its not burrito shaped

it is very easy to eat the taco boat wtf. do you roll a burger or a salad into a burrito as well

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

OK I was picturing them as bigger in my head. I guess it's like taco size except the ends are sealed so you can still squish it together and eat it taco style. I still think they suck.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

LifeSunDeath posted:

How else are you going to make a fleshlight you can eat? gently caress meat in a can like some sort of animal?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Just use a bowl or pita bread ffs

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Non Compos Mentis posted:

How else are you going to make a fleshlight you can eat? gently caress meat in a can like some sort of animal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x91S2f6YuGg

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You could put one tortilla boat on top of the other

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Good one from You Suck at Cooking. Also wtf France? :wtc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz7gGD0ws4c

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Last time I got upset over bread being in a different shape than normal I think I was about 4 years old.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

axolotl farmer posted:

Good one from You Suck at Cooking. Also wtf France? :wtc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz7gGD0ws4c
Yeah we decided "bad and cheap burritos" would be called tacos for some reason. They usually come with a shitload of meat and sauce with fries inside. Some chains will let you add like 3 type of meat so you can have aberrations like curry chicken, kebab and cordon bleu tacos with cheese and barbecue sauce.
It's nonsense, but I'd say the stomach ache per euro is pretty strong and you usually don't want another afterwards. because you'd be dead

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I love puttering around foreign cities in Google Earth and looking at the photos on restaurants, and that's how I learned about French "tacos" and how the standard cheese for them is Emmental.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

French tacos are a really good example of the contempt that the French collective conscious has for literally every other world cuisine

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

No taco rules.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

von Braun posted:

it is very easy to eat the taco boat wtf. do you roll a burger or a salad into a burrito as well
Not normally, but now you've got me thinking.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

When I was younger and colossally depressed one of my most common depression meals was iceberg lettuce and ranch dressing rolled into a tortilla

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Old El Paso is a General Mills brand, proudly American, so maybe don't blame the Europeans for the poo poo that Americans came up with?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

ookiimarukochan posted:

Old El Paso is a General Mills brand, proudly American, so maybe don't blame the Europeans for the poo poo that Americans came up with?

America is Europe's fault tbf

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

von Braun posted:

salad into a burrito

A wrap?
But also, taco boats are a perfectly reasonable way to have a soft shell taco. While the burrito pockets might be largely unneeded they still manage to be better than burrito pops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHJAs4QXHAI

Killingyouguy! posted:

America is Europe's fault tbf

Pangea's fault(s) split it off...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like when Old El Paso stuff proudly proclaims it is 'Extra Mild' got forbid anyone taste a spice

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ketchup with different marketing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:supaburn: XXXXTRA MILD :2bong: