Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Residency Evil posted:

Yeah, I have to agree. $25k is 47k today and the new ITS is absolutely $6k more car.

I am kind of bummed out about BMW. I feel like they used to make cars that I liked but couldn't afford. Now that I can afford them I don't like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

“Modern cars all look like electric shavers.”

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

:sigh:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
M4 with ADRO front end swap. :discourse:

Before ADRO:

After ADRO:

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 21, 2023

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

still bad

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Guinness posted:

still bad

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
It's fine but none of the aftermarket "upgrades" have been better than the original to my eyes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
"Mom can we get a Mustang?"

"We have a Mustang at home."

The Mustang at home:

trouser chili posted:

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

fknlo posted:

It's fine but none of the aftermarket "upgrades" have been better than the original to my eyes.

I agree and it’s really saying something because the original is truly an assault upon the senses. What a disappointing trajectory. Here’s hoping for a design shakeup if BMW sticks around in our lifetimes, otherwise it looks like a race to garbage.

However I realize that it may be an “it’s the kids that are wrong” moment, the current BMW designs may be stronger sellers in which case this trend will continue.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Q_res posted:

Except it's not mid 40s, it's low 50s.

Weren't we just saying that was in CAD and it's 40's in USD? If it's 50's in USD, that's too much.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Residency Evil posted:

Yeah, I have to agree. $25k is 47k today and the new ITS is absolutely $6k more car.

I am kind of bummed out about BMW. I feel like they used to make cars that I liked but couldn't afford. Now that I can afford them I don't like them.

you can just buy the ones that you liked still

and pay like new car prices

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

KillHour posted:

Weren't we just saying that was in CAD and it's 40's in USD? If it's 50's in USD, that's too much.

$52k American dollars, straight from the horse's mouth:

https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases/2024-acura-integra-type-s-pricing-announced-first-production-units-available-for-pre-order-may-11

In Canada, you're able to buy them for $44k American, but if you're in Canada you don't have USD.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

you can just buy the ones that you liked still

and pay like new car prices

An E46/E90 M3 sounds like a terrible daily driver in Colorado in TYOOL 2023.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

trouser chili posted:

Before ADRO:

After ADRO:

OEM is better.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Mental Hospitality posted:

Have car prices gotten out of control, or are we just poorer (wage stagnation relative to inflation/underpaid in general)? A mid 90's Integra GSR would have a 42,000USD sticker today if you adjusted its ~1994 price to current dollars, and that's a car with such luxury and performance features like a 170hp engine, cloth seats, aircon and 6 speaker radio/cassette.

I certainly feel like my own earnings haven't kept pace with the rising cost of everything.
The cars you get are faster, safer, smoother, techier, and overall far more mature than the 90s poo poo boxes were. Costs reflect that, plus inflation has been brutal.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

trouser chili posted:

Before ADRO:

After ADRO:

This is just like arguing whether you'd rather be kicked in the balls by someone wearing regular sneakers or a pair of trail runners.
Like yea they're not the same, but they're not really different either

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Residency Evil posted:

Why?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Residency Evil posted:

My f80 was my daily for a year in Colorado. It’s very doable with winter tires. I have some pics in the bmw thread of it up at eldora in winter. My only real concern would have been getting stopped on either side of the Eisenhower tunnel in a good dumping and not being able to move again. If you go into the mountains a lot in winter I wouldn’t but it’s cool and fine otherwise.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

trouser chili posted:

Before ADRO:

After ADRO:

These new Pontiacs look terrible.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Seems pretty obvious. E46 M3s are 20+ years old at this point and are at the point that they have 20+ year old/150k mile+ car problems. Those cars also went through the depreciation low point, with the deferred maintenance/etc that went along with that. The "good" cars I would feel bad for using as a daily driver and not saving for nice days.

Presumably I don't see too many on the road for those reasons.

fknlo posted:

My f80 was my daily for a year in Colorado. It’s very doable with winter tires. I have some pics in the bmw thread of it up at eldora in winter. My only real concern would have been getting stopped on either side of the Eisenhower tunnel in a good dumping and not being able to move again. If you go into the mountains a lot in winter I wouldn’t but it’s cool and fine otherwise.

Yeah an F80 would be a great daily, although like you pointed out, something with more ground clearance is nice for the mountains.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 21, 2023

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I don't have data but it feels like one reason new car prices have escalated is that manufacturers are abandoning the low end market. Why try to make a profit selling a $20k car that has to compete against an used off-lease RAV4?

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?

trouser chili posted:

Before ADRO:

After ADRO:

That’s just the old Dodge crosshair grille.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I don't have data but it feels like one reason new car prices have escalated is that manufacturers are abandoning the low end market. Why try to make a profit selling a $20k car that has to compete against an used off-lease RAV4?

Friend, an off-lease RAV4 doesn't cost $20,000, it costs $36,000 USD:

I believe that you will find this to be a "Great Deal".

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

I believe that you will find this to be a "Great Deal".

Ignore everything I said. I give up. Cars are closed.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Residency Evil posted:

Seems pretty obvious. E46 M3s are 20+ years old at this point and are at the point that they have 20+ year old/150k mile+ car problems. Those cars also went through the depreciation low point, with the deferred maintenance/etc that went along with that. The "good" cars I would feel bad for using as a daily driver and not saving for nice days.

i mean there's SOME risk but it's not all that much and the problems are easily solved with money, which you probably have if you are considering a new BMW

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i mean there's SOME risk but it's not all that much and the problems are easily solved with money, which you probably have if you are considering a new BMW

Sure, it just depends on what your criteria are for a daily driver. For me, I place a higher value on not worrying about it starting every day, being reliable, and not worrying about tiny things breaking over things like driving dynamics and performance. I have a second car where I can prioritize those other things and I'm ok with it being less reliable. An E46/E90 M3 is kind of in this awkward spot where it's getting a bit too old for me to really consider seriously using as a daily driver and realistically isn't a great option (even with winter tires) for traveling to the mountains with.

Obviously YMMV :shrug:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

0toShifty posted:

That’s just the old Dodge crosshair grille.

My brain said Dodge too

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Guinness posted:

still fuckin ugly.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Eurobeat intensifies.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a44281910/2024-toyota-gr86-trueno-edition-revealed

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

drat that's rad unless it's super expensive. Anniversary editiona were being marked way up so :shrug:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

lmao fuuuuuuuuck

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

We're in here debating if low $50s is too much for a FWD Japanese sport compact car, when the actual price to buy said car is $75k.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I'm trying to find compassion in my heart for anyone who would pay that price, but friends, it's a struggle.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

You can get a RWD manual transmission CT4-V Blackwing with 472 hp, the Corvette's e-diff and magride for less than that.

poo poo you might even be able to get a C8 for that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

$3000 gets you a REALLY nice set of rims, what's the betting these are the bog standard cheap looking diamond faced 2 tone shits that get supplied on every single car these days.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

You can get a RWD manual transmission CT4-V Blackwing with 472 hp, the Corvette's e-diff and magride for less than that.

poo poo you might even be able to get a C8 for that.

You're at base M3 territory too. Or an M2 with options if you're into that melted lego look.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The new M2 is so tragic.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Can you get a Blackwing or corvette without adm though? Alex just put out a vid with 3 special edition GR toyotas that you won't be able to get. At least with an m2 or m3, those are available with minimal markups from what I understand, certainly a waitlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEmI1cp-KBg

Don't think anyone's surprised that Nissan's doing this, but always nice to get confirmation. New bumper style is much improved over the regular one.
Curious what the power figures will be.