Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

nine-gear crow posted:

https://twitter.com/EuphoriTori/status/1671671959216635904

Guys, I found out why the submarine broke. It went woke!

You know what they say. "Go woke. Go to the bottom of the ocean."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Yeah, that's my wiggle room for being wrong and assuming no absurdities happened like 5 man sub battle royale.

Worst Fortnite match, ever.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:vince:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The best god drat forums on the internet

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

any updates on if they found the sub? ty

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

smoobles posted:

Nope, If they found them right this second it'd still be too late assuming they're underwater.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

smoobles posted:

Yes

The did

Not find the sun

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Rescue teams incoming

Also...

:zoid:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

smoobles posted:

Update from the search team:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Grey Cat posted:

Nope, If they found them right this second it'd still be too late assuming they're underwater.

where else would a submarine be? in the sky?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Further Reading posted:

6-8 hour round trip, 30 minutes of which was at the titanic. (I think)

depends how quickly they found the titanic iirc, 1.5 hrs down, 3 hrs up, other details negotiable depending on the will of the tides because navigation equipment is for losers

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

smoobles posted:

where else would a submarine be? in the sky?

No, but it could be floating on the surface, smart rear end.
Unlikely though considering they have texting out in the ocean.
E: with no beacon... or gps...

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
wait wait wait no loving way

they have a loving bed pan shitter in a tiny tube where people are going to be stuck in (BY DESIGN) for a minimum of 4+ hours???

I figured they just threw in the joke toilet in case of emergencies because you just go down and backup, no big deal, in like an hour (i had no idea)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Captain Beans posted:

they have a loving bed pan shitter in a tiny tube where people are going to be stuck in (BY DESIGN) for a minimum of 4+ hours???

I figured they just threw in the joke toilet in case of emergencies because you just go down and backup, no big deal

spare all expenses.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Captain Beans posted:

I figured they just threw in the joke toilet in case of emergencies because you just go down and backup, no big deal

I regret to inform you that there were a few design mistakes in this submersible

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I dont get it. Do you wanna see someone get turned into soup or not?

i mean, hasnt anybody tested this? nobody ever put a sub real depe and videoed it getting imploded instantly from like a tiny crack?

naem
May 29, 2011

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

post this poo poo on every page lamo

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

ComfyPants posted:

Rescue teams incoming

Also...

:zoid:

This uh rescue team seems armed

And what game is this lol

esky
Apr 15, 2003
Some interesting articles I ran across outside the mainstream coverage:

OceanGate:
NASA and OceanGate Enter into an Agreement to Collaborate in the Development, Manufacturing and Testing of New Carbon Fiber Pressure Vessels - https://www.oceangate.com/news-and-media/press-releases/2020-0226-nasa-and-oceangate-enter-into-an-agreement-to-collaborate.html

CBC:
The Titanic and Edmund Fitzgerald are both considered gravesites. Why only one is off limits - https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/titanic-edmund-fitzgerald-1.6882861#:~:text=The%20wreck%20is%20in%20Canadian%20waters.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Grey Cat posted:

No, but it could be floating on the surface, smart rear end.
Unlikely though considering they have texting out in the ocean.
E: with no beacon... or gps...

so you're telling me this submarine, which can resurface in the event of an emergency or power failure, and which has a door that only opens from the outside, was built without a beacon or GPS to be used in such an emergency?

that seems kinda dumb! why'd they do that?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

hahaha

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Using his own company

Jesus Christ

https://twitter.com/snopes/status/1671360746670678018?s=20

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

smoobles posted:

so you're telling me this submarine, which can resurface in the event of an emergency or power failure, and which has a door that only opens from the outside, was built without a beacon or GPS to be used in such an emergency?

that seems kinda dumb! why'd they do that?

Excellent question, the answer--
I don't loving know, it's awful, a 12 year old could piece this problem out better.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

This uh rescue team seems armed

X-Com: Terror of Absurdly Long Missions That You Have to Do Repeatedly.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
What are the odds of a worst-case irony scenario where they all suffocate and then the sub implodes immediately afterwards?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Random Stranger posted:

X-Com: Terror of Absurdly Long Missions That You Have to Do Repeatedly.

^ Yes, this.

(XCom: Terror from the Deep)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

You know guys I think the real thing here is the Titanic wreck doesn't actually exist. It's actually the Olympia which was destroyed and the Titanic never existed. It was an ancient insurance fraud. That's why they can't visit it that's why the Democrat live pro London banking insurance system killed them

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

You know guys I think the real thing here is the Titanic wreck doesn't actually exist. It's actually the Olympia which was destroyed and the Titanic never existed. It was an ancient insurance fraud. That's why they can't visit it that's why the Democrat live pro London banking insurance system killed them

please do not speak this into being

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
These last couple days have been one of the greatest periods of the internet in its entire history.

esky
Apr 15, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

What are the odds of a worst-case irony scenario where they all suffocate and then the sub implodes immediately afterwards?

esky fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 22, 2023

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

Pvt. Parts posted:

people of all means do dumb stuff for thrills. the 1/.1% just have better reach.

I mean, look at me, spending $70 on a pro controller to enjoy for countless hours in the comfort of my living room.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

everyone making jokes is gonna feel really bad when it's them in a home depot submarine at the bottom of the ocean, inhaling poop fumes for three days until they die

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

smoobles posted:

everyone making jokes is gonna feel really bad when it's them in a Harbor freight submarine at the bottom of the ocean, inhaling poop fumes for three days until they die

Ftfy

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

smoobles posted:

everyone making jokes is gonna feel really bad when it's them in a home depot submarine at the bottom of the ocean, inhaling poop fumes for three days until they die

It's so terrible that joking about is the only defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

ALSO I didn't take into account any turds or piss in the toilet so that'll also shorten their available O2 supply so hearty lol