Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

polyester concept posted:

if you like rimworld and crusader kings and wish that there was a mashup of the two then you're in for a treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1llrq5tCmWI

actually looks pretty good and like there's a fair amount of depth - i will probably check this out when it's released

this seems interesting, i'll keep an eye on it. thanks!

that said, the european medieval theme sure has been run into the ground these past few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

is there a thread somewhere on these dead gay forums to commission an actual artist to draw a new av? been meaning to replace the zaryaphant for a while and mariophant seems like a good opportunity

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

new page needed it.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
god drat it nintendo, I don’t want to wait. give me fat gay elephant Mario now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

where’s the daisy version? asking for a friend

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
nintendo's remakes have been really good, i'm actually looking forward to it. can't remember one i thought was bad, but i guess that's because the originals were also good

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the only one I've put any time into was links awakening and it was very well done

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
link's awakening was great, i even got the little toon link amiibo. very impressive for a remake of a game boy game

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Dijkstracula posted:

even reading these posts about descent is making me seasick

The highest form of patriotic

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lmao that nintendo literally whitewashed detective pikachu

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

quiggy posted:

also I killed the most dangerous creature I've seen yet, the king gleeok that lives underneath typhlo ruins. super super fun fight, rewards were p deece too

that one took me a bit, i totally didn't plan my arrows! a very satisfying victory there

i took a bit of a game sabbatical after beating totk and completing the depths, then finishing a run of nms's new expedition. now fo76 has a new season! i'm liking my low-key game cycle right now

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
playing satisfactory and boy do i vacillate between 'hnngh optimized, number going up in pleasing way' and 'oh god there is no point to this. there's no point to ANY of this'

anyway hell yeah @ the mario rpg remake

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ru0sr83ptY1yu27hz.mp4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there's no point to anything in or out of the game. make number go up

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

haveblue posted:

there's no point to anything in or out of the game. make number go up

just like irl

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

i have already seen elephant mario's penis

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

goblin week posted:

i have already seen elephant mario's penis

that trunk isn't his own prehensile appendage if you know what i mean

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

ff16 day! will this final fantasy finally dethrone unreal tournament?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
no

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/denfaminicogame/status/1671083552539316225

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

oh no blimp issue posted:

blasphemous

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I… I mean my friend… hasn’t seen elephant Daisy yet.

but everyone else is loving livid about this idiot

no I will not watch the Mario anime to find out why

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
will the metal gear solid mcaster collection have the vampire dream sequence in mgs3 or will it be poo poo like the hd port

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Playing the Aliens Dark Descent tactics game. Really enjoying it so far, kind of like a faster paced XCOM in the way it plays (realtime, not turn based) but the missions are so long and the maps so big that you have to be real systematic and methodical in the way you control your squad, or they're gonna get creamed. If you liked XCOM, give it a shot.

e:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Armitag3 posted:

Playing the Aliens Dark Descent tactics game. Really enjoying it so far, kind of like a faster paced XCOM in the way it plays (realtime, not turn based) but the missions are so long and the maps so big that you have to be real systematic and methodical in the way you control your squad, or they're gonna get creamed. If you liked XCOM, give it a shot.

e:
maligned as it has been, i always like that fallout tactics let you play in real time. you could also play turnbased and use that as a setup phase then go realtime and let er rip

i bounced off the game in the second to last mission i think and could never muster the will to go through the main campaign again

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Beeftweeter posted:

blasphemous

it’s good but it’s not unreal tournament

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

polyester concept posted:

games like factorio and satisfactory don't do it for me, i've watched a fair amount of youtubers play them to know this. it just feels like you are always waiting to unlock the next tier of thing so that you can get material a little faster, but the next tier is scaled so that you never really feel true progress. i know that's not the entire game and i see how people get into making the perfect optimized system, but ehhh.

satisfactory is heavily inspired by subnautica so while there is definitely an unlock loop, it's the uncovering of new resources and uses that's fun I guess

I could never be enough of a nerd to opitimise anything, but the discovery stage of the game was extremely excellent

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bta3062 recently beefed up the chaos march and its pretty fun just stomping around and shooting any mech that moves

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

kirby hello

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

oh no blimp issue posted:

its quite good

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i don't understand your new av, ait

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i wanna play final fantasy, but I need to finish zelda first and this game is huuuuuge

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

why oh why did i decide to go for all the shrines :negative:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

this entered early access yesterday and I'm digging it: what if SnowRunner and Besiege had a baby and sent it to Mars

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
building rovers in ksp was always fun

too bad I burned out on the game before they added stock dynamic parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

quiggy posted:

why oh why did i decide to go for all the shrines :negative:

i still haven't really gone back after doing all the depths lightroots, i'm dreading/excited for the shrines