Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Extremely out of oxygen from the point of view of breathing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
The ocean is vast
The gaskets seep
A new fool joins
The bottom of the deep

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Extremely out of oxygen from the point of view of breathing

With tears in their eyes, they said "sir it's a beautiful way to die, with you"

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Ballast release designed by moron
Therefore, try rolling

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

well now that that's over, anyone seen any good tv shows lately

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Originally, I thought that they were at the bottom, running out of oxygen.

But after learning more about the sub they were in, there's no loving way it didn't implode on the way down... Right?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Original, I thought that they were at the bottom, running out of oxygen.

But after learning more about the sub they were in, there's no loving way it didn't implode on the way down... Right?

The more I learn the less confident I am that it even got deep enough to implode. They could have all drowned 50m down. But yeah they didn't make it to the bottom.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They are out of oxygen, but we hope they are rich in vibes and that's gonna compensate for it

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

smoobles posted:

Seaquest DSV

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

smoobles posted:

I'm watching Deep Space 9 for the first time, it's pretty good.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

smoobles posted:

I've been watching The Lazarus Project and now I'm kinda jelly that there could be a supergovernmental organization with time travel technology just looping again and again to watch these billionaires die repeatedly.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The more I learn the less confident I am that it even got deep enough to implode. They could have all drowned 50m down. But yeah they didn't make it to the bottom.

they probably made it to the bottom eventually

Death By SnuSnu
Jun 7, 2007
Compare your lives to mine and kill yourselves.
I'm not an experienced gambler but does this say $111k has been bet on them being found or not?

https://polymarket.com/event/will-the-missing-submarine-be-found-by-june-23

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Hey, now they probably totally made it to the bottom. Just in pieces and not alive.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

If there's any truth to the reports of noises heard every 30 mins its possible it didn't just squash them but was stuck somewhere. I know the ocean is a noisy mistress but banging sounds every 30 mins is indicatative of something not natural, like a fibre tube filled with billionaires and piss.

that's a big loving IF though

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What if it's just the CEO's fetish?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I am gonna guess that the sub sank because something came unplugged in that amazing cable management nest they have below the passenger area, and they cannot access it inflight.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TwistyOnline/status/1671856268233801728

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

world exclusive new image from the submersible search and rescue robot:

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

CEO had a gamer moment and threw his controller and the pointy joysticks punctured the hull

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Partially flooding has the ultimate comedy option of Groversub9000 being tilted vertically and them having room to stand, just all wedged together. Or the four of them taking turns holding up the CEO as he tries to reboot Windows98 to at least get the cd to stop skipping.

Now this would be pretty much the nightmare scenario - if you don't asphyxiate from being piled up at one end of the hull you instead get the oubliette experience of slowly dying in a vertical tube filling with condensation and waste with no practical way to lie down or even sit.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

The whole process was so half baked. lovely communications (that cut out on previous dives), a successful resurfacing based on rocking the vehicle the right way, shoddy parts and industry standards disregarded. So much could go wrong.

I don’t know what happened, but they sure gave themselves a lot of variables for different things that could go wrong.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I was hoping to hear that they found it intact with one survivor who would tell a grisly tale of how he had to keep eating the others to survive

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:rip: :capitalism:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Sooooomewheeeerere
ooooout there
beneath the pale moonlight...

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Somewhere, confined in a tiny, cramped space devoid of light and the love of god, five people are racing against time to be the first ones to draft the screenplay.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

it dont matter posted:

If there's any truth to the reports of noises heard every 30 mins its possible it didn't just squash them but was stuck somewhere. I know the ocean is a noisy mistress but banging sounds every 30 mins is indicatative of something not natural, like a fibre tube filled with billionaires and piss.

that's a big loving IF though

It comes from reputable soruces, yeah, however there is context missing from the reports: one of the fail safes was a device that would emit a banging noise every 30 minutes. If this noise was related to the sub it was most likely that device. I expect if it was the people in the sub they'd be banging out SOS in morse code and not just like going ham on the hull then waiting patiently for 30 minutes.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Hotel Kpro posted:

I was hoping to hear that they found it intact with one survivor who would tell a grisly tale of how he had to keep eating the others to survive

That would extend the air remaining time significantly so it is still the outside still-possible option

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I wonder if it's adrift rather than sunk

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hotel Kpro posted:

They crack open the hatch, and hes sitting there, wearing the skin of other four for heat, the entire surface covered in blood, the leak blocked with hair and poo poo.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm kinda jelly

Lol so are they

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

thanks to a tiktok teen being onboard the support boat we've got the last known footage of the sub and at least one of the people who died

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7246163991523839274

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7241261409844104490

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

ChickenHeart posted:

Now this would be pretty much the nightmare scenario - if you don't asphyxiate from being piled up at one end of the hull you instead get the oubliette experience of slowly dying in a vertical tube filling with condensation and waste with no practical way to lie down or even sit.

Fuuuckk. This would be the worse outcome, in a sea (ha) of terrible ways they could have died.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Waffle House posted:

I wonder if it's adrift rather than sunk

The sub was sealed in with bolts and painted in a color that makes it really hard to spot in the north Atlantic so this would actually be even more comedic because they didn't die a relatively painless death via implosion, they died of asphyxiation while being literally at surface level

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
"I guess it was the fear that made me eat 300+kg of raw flesh in 5 days"

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

So do you think the engineers at oceangate are working on their next sub already

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

free hubcaps posted:

So do you think the engineers at oceangate are working on their next sub already

yeah they just learned about the Sony Dualshock controller

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol so are they

lmao

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
The only thing I'm sad about is they'll never see the memes made about them :(

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The only thing I'm sad about is they'll never see the memes made about them :(

what if the comms were only broken one-way, and they were checking out twitter as they died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A Festivus Miracle posted:

The sub was sealed in with bolts and painted in a color that makes it really hard to spot in the north Atlantic so this would actually be even more comedic because they didn't die a relatively painless death via implosion, they died of asphyxiation while being literally at surface level

sir this is not built to basic boat standards, you are in a floating party cracker