Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

( anti harassment offer does not apply if you're Jewish.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Or trans, or black, etc

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Dr Christmas posted:

Things are going to get a whole lot worse, part whatever:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1671370284102819841

Apparently calling for a person to be killed because they're a doctor that thinks vaccines work doesn't count as harassment.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Okay, I'll just say it: Elon Musk is cisgender.

Are you brave enough to say it?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

‘Cisgender’ is now trending of course

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Time to ask musk about spacex's planned near-earth operations until he accidentally says "cislunar" and has to return to his home dimension

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
"The Twitter company is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep using that garbage." — Twitter users, apparently

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's been pointed out before but the reason they think of cisgender as a slur is because they use trans as a slur. Telling on themselves is a way of life.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i thought its because they hate that they arent just "normal" or "default."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Professor Beetus posted:

It's been pointed out before but the reason they think of cisgender as a slur is because they use trans as a slur. Telling on themselves is a way of life.
Yeah and they don’t suspend people for trans-related slurs either

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Twitter, as a company, is transphobic. It's an actively, openly bigoted organization.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Dr Christmas posted:

Things are going to get a whole lot worse, part whatever:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1671370284102819841
In balance, Twitter will also be taking a very hard line on anyone who uses the t-slur (TERF).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Musk adds one more turd to the pile of poo poo he's asking his remaining employees to eat, but this one is finally be too big for some: not getting paid

quote:

"Plaintiff and other Twitter employees relied upon the promise that they would receive their 2022 bonus when choosing to remain employed by Twitter following Musk's acquisition of the company and/or deciding to forgo other employment opportunities," the complaint said. Despite the promises before and after the Musk acquisition, Twitter allegedly "refused to pay" any bonus to "employees who remained employed by the company in the first quarter of 2023." The annual bonuses were typically paid in March in previous years, the complaint said.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

At what point are AWS and Google just going to shut most of their servers down for not paying

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
EDIT: Thought this was a different thread in a different subforum. Sorry.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jun 22, 2023

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

At what point are AWS and Google just going to shut most of their servers down for not paying

According to Engadget, they paid the bills.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
are they monthly bills? maybe he'll skip the next ones

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
The being a complete shitbag thing isnt working, now its down to just blurting out dumb poo poo for attention.
So no change I guess.

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1671806217721618433

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
99% chance this doesn't happen but if it does lol

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Lowtax speedrun becoming more prescient every day!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

OgNar posted:

The being a complete shitbag thing isnt working, now its down to just blurting out dumb poo poo for attention.
So no change I guess.

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1671806217721618433

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2GVxYfKSxA

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Don’t make me root for Zuck, Elon

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

whydirt posted:

I hope Larry Ellison comes in and Sabu's them both through a folding table.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Bahgawd, that's Elon Musk's music!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z39tr

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Zuck's entrance music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc6f_2nPSX8

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

whydirt posted:

Yeah seriously

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I was thinking more this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Rs347TbH8

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm pretty sure the 6 weeks Elon gave himself to step down and handover to whatsherface elapsed today.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Yeah, while the whole thing is a hilarious clusterfuck it doesn't make any sense to bring starlink into it, or how this is a PR disaster for Musk.

They were likely using starlink on the main support boats or whatever, not on the submersible, and even then it appears the submersible likely suddenly imploded.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So they were dead the whole time?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

I AM GRANDO posted:

I doubt we'll ever get a concrete timeline of how it went down, particularly as they were too cheap for a goddamn emergency beacon so there's no chance there was any sort of cabin recorder or other black box equivalent, but yeah, probably.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 22, 2023

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

A twist worthy of M Night Shyamalan.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I AM GRANDO posted:

They lost contact 90 minutes into the journey, so...

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah seriously

Guys, guys, either way a billionaire gets his rear end kicked.

My money is Elon backing out. He's a bitch. If he gets in the ring with The Zuck, he'll die. The Zuck has nothing God would recognize as a soul.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

I AM GRANDO posted:

We're all dead in the long run, baby.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I AM GRANDO posted:

That was my thought the whole time to be honest. Especially when we found out over the last several days how poorly that sub was constructed. The drat porthole window was only rated for like 1/3 of the depth they were going down to.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Jesus III posted:

Guys, guys, either way a billionaire gets his rear end kicked.

My money is Elon backing out. He's a bitch. If he gets in the ring with The Zuck, he'll die. The Zuck has nothing God would recognize as a soul.

Yeah, it's a fight between a 39-year-old unempathetic but somehow married weirdo who spear hunts boars and occasionally people on his Hawaiian home and has become well-versed in Jiu-Jitsu and, benefiting his wealth, is probably in the best shape of his life...

versus...

a 51-year-old unserious divorced dopehead who is somehow overweight despite also being on meth and who is so much of a coward that he will run from fights on the social media platform that he owns unless he can brigade his targets with 148.8 million bots and followers.

Zuckerberg will literally turn Musk into a Metaverse avatar by the end of the fight.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, it's a fight between a 39-year-old unempathetic but somehow married weirdo who spear hunts boars and occasionally people on his Hawaiian home and has become well-versed in Jiu-Jitsu and, benefiting his wealth, is probably in the best shape of his life...

versus...

a 51-year-old unserious divorced dopehead who is somehow overweight despite also being on meth and who is so much of a coward that he will run from fights on the social media platform that he owns unless he can brigade his targets with 148.8 million bots and followers.

Zuckerberg will literally turn Musk into a Metaverse avatar by the end of the fight.

All this is very true and is the reason I hope Musk still has enough sycophant yesmen around that he convinces himself he should go through with it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Mommy said no.

https://twitter.com/realRevJesus/status/1673113169143930880

https://www.sportsmanor.com/the-fig...ark-zuckerberg/