Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Dick Fontaine posted:

have you seen how greek people store their octopuses? i think the bird will be fine.

That’s my pet octopus, Oswald. it’s just how he plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Debeaking is a cruel practice for pets

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Soul Dentist posted:

Debeaking is a cruel practice for pets

you want your furniture all scratched?? i know i don't

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Kaddish posted:

Fannie May S'mores Mix is on point.

I was really excited to try this, as I'm basically rabid for anything smores

it was... fine. it was edible. it was chocolate.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

death cob for cutie posted:

I wish it was....smokier somehow? Also a little more marshmallow.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

yeah they are made of disappointment

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
In retrospect, it tastes great but just doesn't invoke smores. I formally retract my on-point statement.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Will Costco exchange diapers for another size? My coworkers threw a pamper party for me and there were a lot of Kirkland Size 1 boxes (Last count, I've got 1200+ size 1 diapers).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

Will Costco exchange diapers for another size? My coworkers threw a pamper party for me and there were a lot of Kirkland Size 1 boxes (Last count, I've got 1200+ size 1 diapers).

Sadly not if they are used.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

Use them first before returning for maximum thread cred.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pro tip if you tape two diapers together it lets you go up a size.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

jisforjosh posted:

only if they're full of #1. #2 you're outta luck.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Those are some forward minded coworkers. Maybe if you're gonna have kids one of them can use the diapers you got from your party?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

death cob for cutie posted:

It’s basically Golden Grahams cereal pieces with mini marshmallows and melted chocolate on top.

It was decent, but didn’t feel worth the markup. Like you could buy the three components separately and easily make it yourself for a third of the price.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Fyi some people are reporting getting a $50 off $500+ purchase coupon from Costco via email. Check your emails. Sadly I didn’t get one.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Marklar posted:

Fyi some people are reporting getting a $50 off $500+ purchase coupon from Costco via email. Check your emails. Sadly I didn’t get one.

Got one, expires July 13th.

quote:

*$50 Promo Code Terms & Conditions
Only valid on Costco.com. Not valid in the warehouse. One coupon code per Costco member. Ineligible purchases include: new Costco memberships, Costco membership renewals, gift of membership, Costco Shop cards, custom installation services, Same-day grocery delivery, and online-digital print orders. Not valid for orders at the online Pharmacy, Costco Travel, Costco NEXT or Costco Business Delivery. The merchandise total in your cart must equal $500 or more before tax and shipping to receive the $50 OFF. The coupon code must be entered in the promo code box at checkout to be valid. This offer may not be combined with any other offer or promotion. Offer expires 7/13/2023.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Kaddish posted:

We tried the orange vanilla cheesecake-like desserts in the glass ramakins. They're fine. Probably won't get them again. Will try the mango next.

Fannie May S'mores Mix is on point.

Yeah we got the strawberry shortcake ones and they're Fine.

S'mores mix rules though. Chicago never misses.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I routinely buy all sorts of things labeled as S’Mores flavored. Partly because it really annoys my wife (she says it can’t be called s’more without toasty marshmallow) and partly because I really like chocolate and graham cracker flavor combo.

The Fannie May s’more mix is decent chocolate covering Golden Grahams cereal with the occasional marshmallow thrown in that manages to stay soft. I like it, but it doesn’t really evoke s’mores very well because you don’t often get graham and marshmallow in every bite. I do like it in the cabinet for an occasional hit of chocolate with a bit of crunchy graham inside, and I am way too lazy to try and concoct my own that would be a giant mess.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

jisforjosh posted:

so since nobody answered you for real, they will take diapers back if the box is unopened, yes

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

jisforjosh posted:

Got one, expires July 13th.

Hell yeah, congrats.
(ps if you aren't going to use it, I could; but no worry either way).

*edit went to page 170 and lol

Marklar fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 23, 2023

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Marklar posted:

yeah, but here's the problem

quote:

a qualifying purchase of $500 or more on Costco.com*

not valid in warehouse? how dare.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

drat I got straight BARKED at for my membership card heading into self-checkout this morning. Like, ok, my arms are obviously full of stuff that I need to put down first, can you maybe take a breath while I get my phone out? There was a second employee in a bouncer stance at the end of the row of registers giving everyone the stink eye too.

Grabbed a latte freeze on a whim on the way out; nice treat on a hot morning but I wish it wasn't so sweet, couldn't even really taste any coffee. Disappointing, but not really surprising given their other coffee offerings.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Thinking of getting a hot pep slice + chocolate sundae

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol at this packaging

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Psion posted:

yeah, but here's the problem

not valid in warehouse? how dare.

Yeah for real.

bizwank posted:

drat I got straight BARKED at for my membership card heading into self-checkout this morning. Like, ok, my arms are obviously full of stuff that I need to put down first, can you maybe take a breath while I get my phone out? There was a second employee in a bouncer stance at the end of the row of registers giving everyone the stink eye too.

Apparently Costco is going crazy over people borrowing membership cards and using self-checkout. People on FB/Reddit have been experiencing the same. I

Marklar fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 23, 2023

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Marklar posted:

Apparently Costco is going crazy over people borrowing membership cards and using self-checkout.
Is this why self checkout always has a stupid long line?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They have people's pics on the cards here and they always check and always have. I got my card while they were still just a tent setup outside the unopened building so I never got my pic taken and so they always ask for my ID.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Marklar posted:

Yeah for real.

Apparently Costco is going crazy over people borrowing membership cards and using self-checkout. People on FB/Reddit have been experiencing the same. I

they are going hard on sharing/use memberships, you can't even pay with a credit card that isn't the same as the account name

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ExcessBLarg! posted:

it used to be completely empty but I think people have figured out dealing with self check is worth the extra effort because it's so much faster than waiting in a 3-deep line at a register, much less 5+ during busy hours

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They have people's pics on the cards here and they always check and always have. I got my card while they were still just a tent setup outside the unopened building so I never got my pic taken and so they always ask for my ID.

wow, I just hold up my card in their general direction at the front door and have never gotten any attention past that except at the register when they do the barcode scan. I've never once been asked for ID.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 23, 2023

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

pentyne posted:

they are going hard on sharing/use memberships, you can't even pay with a credit card that isn't the same as the account name
I was alone and she dropped it as soon as I showed my phone, but I did have my backpack and mask on so maybe I looked like a potential shoplifter or something :shrug:

Ok I do always walk right past the receipt checkers at the door but I doubt she knew that...

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I feel like they could use 10 more registers on weekends.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lol at this packaging

lmfao

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
tubcorn

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Marklar posted:

Yeah for real.

Yeah it's ridiculous from Reddit

quote:

Anyway, Im a busy mom (pregnant with my second) I always bring my toddler and go biweekly to get in and out fast and mind my business. I like to use self checkout because I like to move fast. This particular trip today I brought my mother in law who is visiting for a few weeks from out of the country and doesn't speak any English. She has never even seen a costco so it was all interesting for her.
She was kind enough to push my carriage for me so as we approach the self checkout I show the employee my card with photo and proceed to a register. She actually physically got in front of my mother in law and the carriage and demanded her costco card. My MIL cannot speak English and had no idea what was going on. I said "she's with me." And she proceeded to say she needed a card. I told her it's all of my stuff, she's my MIL and not even from here, and she moved aside and said "you can only use 1 card for this order."
Mind you while she is questioning me for literally nothing I am doing wrong, several people walked right on by without getting their cards checked lol.
So really defeated the purpose there Costco. I was so frazzled by the entire encounter and accusation that I could barely check myself out appropriately, but I got ahold of myself and got out of there. Now I think I'I never use self checkout again.

Also they really need to work on self check out. Last week I stopped by for some stuff for work and was told by the lady checking memberships about how I can now use the scan gun myself without staff.

This week all scan guns were gone.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

holy poo poo they have onions at my Costco

not the holy crank, but nature is healing. slowly.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
thanks for reminding me

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Onions were gone???

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Was relish gone? I saw that available at Costco #1 today but didn't see any signs about onions. Forever mystified why the OG warehouse doesn't get special treatment especially when it comes to Food Court items.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

bizwank posted:

Was relish gone?

yeah at the very beginning of the pandemic they just had ketchup and mustard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

jisforjosh posted:

Yeah it's ridiculous from Reddit

It's an incredibly simple concept. Whoever has the card, the member, is the one that pays. At least that's how I would understand it. You can't walk in with some friend to buy a $1,000 fridge and flash your membership card and then someone else pays for it. That's pretty obvious.

I don't understand the confusion with this.

This isn't Netflix password sharing. This is Costco my friend. And cheaters drive up our costs.

edit: also gently caress self-checkouts. I'm getting very :corsair: about that and essentially stopped using them. I have 30 items in my cart and there are 6 self-checkouts open and just a single register with 4 people waiting with full carts ahead of me. I'll loving wait. You ain't paying me to scan and pack my own poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 24, 2023