Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

someone find that tweet about y tu mama tambien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

well that trailer gave away too much

saw it was 2:30 long and just got too tired to watch it

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ruddiger posted:

someone find that tweet about y tu mama tambien

https://twitter.com/BenjaminCrew1/status/1668975244671963137

"Hot boy summer"? Hot bi summer!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 21, 2023

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Oh, is that movie good? I never saw it, I just remember it because, based on the trailer alone that made it seem like a standard romcom, I thought it should have been called, "30-Love".

These are the things that made me laugh back when I was (looks up the year it came out)...21? drat, I should have been able to come up with better at that point.

Saw it on a lazy Sunday and only the last half but seemed pretty alright to me.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Mat Cauthon posted:

The 3BP series is very, um, let's say inconsistent. The best possible way forward would be to keep a lot of the big swing high concept sci-fi stuff and put some new spins on it, because trying to do a 1:1 adaptation is going to result in a lot of bad TV no matter how much they pump into the budget.

For the series to even remotely make sense in a TV format they're going to have to change a helluva lot about the character arcs throughout each book. I guess more than anything I'm just glad to see someone attempting it and I'm going to enjoy seeing how it turns out, whether it's good or bad.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

smug n stuff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYnnmOYwO3I
New Luca Guadignino movie, with Zendaya, Mike Faist, and Josh O'Connor. Looks pretty good to me!

This looks exactly like if an ai made this trailer from the finished movie. It probably is an ai edit

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Re: 3BD, I hope they change The message the trisolarans sent to Earth, because humanity being terrified of "You're bugs!" was just really anticlimactically goofy.

God that book was so overrated.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Re: 3BD, I hope they change The message the trisolarans sent to Earth, because humanity being terrified of "You're bugs!" was just really anticlimactically goofy.

God that book was so overrated.

Some of the stuff in the later books was pretty cringe worthy

mystical aboriginal stereotype
effeminate men being bad for civilization
alien robot anime samurai
weapon that turns 3D into 2D
traps that make time dilation
nested universes and having to reset them

Some of the high concept scifi stuff was neat but really going to look bad on screen

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZcY88bMqHE

Brutal.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Yeeessss!!!

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Fried Watermelon posted:

Some of the stuff in the later books was pretty cringe worthy

mystical aboriginal stereotype
effeminate men being bad for civilization
alien robot anime samurai
weapon that turns 3D into 2D
traps that make time dilation
nested universes and having to reset them

Some of the high concept scifi stuff was neat but really going to look bad on screen

It's definitely true that I need to read more sci-fi so these things don't seem so novel but I thought the last 4 things in this list were pretty cool lol

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy0RYiQRWUk
Solo movie from Ethan Coen, which nevertheless feels pretty Coen Brothers.

smug n stuff fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 23, 2023

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

smug n stuff posted:

From Macbeth into the known future, they’re all solo. Joel Coen has said he doesn’t want to do movies anymore.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Between that and Macbeth you get a sense of the brothers’ diverging interests

Looks pretty fun imo!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Macbeth honestly blew so fingers crossed

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I liked Macbeth but I’m not much of a shakespeare buff

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Macbeth was loving awesome. I'd take like 10 more Shakespeare movie in that style.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
hey there's ikeas all over the country for you to make that happen

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Macbeth was possibly my favorite movie of that year.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

smug n stuff posted:

Bumbling idiots doing crime is one of my favorite genres and their forte, even if it’s missing a Coen I’m in

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

smug n stuff posted:

Looks like Joel had the cinematographer hookups.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Oh, I haven't been reading closely and realized this is the other brother. I'd heard he decided to stop making movies and that's why Macbeth was solo... but I guess they just aren't working together.

And yeah, after Macbeth was one of the most gorgeous Coen movies... this might be the ugliest.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The Clap posted:

It's definitely true that I need to read more sci-fi so these things don't seem so novel but I thought the last 4 things in this list were pretty cool lol

They were cool but each could have been it's own plot device for a novel in my opinion rather than just a couple chapters for each.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I've just seen the trailer, and was first irritated, assuming I accidentally landed on one of the myriad fake trailer channels.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Drive Away Dolls looks terrible. Like purposefully grating with a by the numbers plot.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
This Cohen split is giving me Terrance & Philip vibes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's a ridiculously bad accent and I'm out based on that alone

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Are you ready for Beanie Mania?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV32siOI9mU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Tired: Superhero origin stories

Wired: Capitalist origin stories

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I presume this is a super embellished story, and nothing grounded in real life?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

BonoMan posted:

Tired: Superhero origin stories

Wired: Capitalist origin stories

Only a matter of time until we get a feature film about the birth of the MCU.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

With all the MCU actors playing each other since every working actor is part of the MCU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

That looks dire, and it doesn't help that they obviously didn't get approval to use any of the actual Beanie Babies.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sirotan posted:

That looks dire, and it doesn't help that they obviously didn't get approval to use any of the actual Beanie Babies.

And their replacements aren't even like... Remotely close to what a BB is. They just look like large shaggy stuffed animals. Was their legal department that scared/hamstrung?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

https://youtu.be/9fJtM5z0g7M

Ugh.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

I mean, I am not the target audience but the kids seem to be into it, so good for them I suppose?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The YouTube comments are super hopeful - like it was said earlier, FNAF is insanely huge.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The bad guys are the ghosts of abducted children? And they want to abduct a child?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

trailer looks better than I would have expected, except for the CGI that they’re using for the animatronics which looks exceptionally terrible

live with fruit posted:

The bad guys are the ghosts of abducted children? And they want to abduct a child?

It looks to me like a misdirect in that the animatronics are probably trying to save the leads from serial killer Matthew Lillard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

QuoProQuid posted:

trailer looks better than I would have expected, except for the CGI that they’re using for the animatronics which looks exceptionally terrible

They built the animatronics