Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

bytch whatever th e gently caress is in the stock photo it 'aint borsh
It looks like beet purée.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 20:14 on Jun 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Europe is buying Russian LNG piped through Ukraine still, which Ukraine collects fees for transit. Russian fertilizer and food isn't sanctioned either. Unless that was included in the latest round of sanctions.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
What is keeping Z from re-negotiating last year's treaty (on somewhat worse terms, probably) and claiming that part of the agreement is that he be immediately banished to a luxury London condo?

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bedpan posted:

John Stewart supported the war on the daily show and called the protesters stupid dope smokers. SNL equated the protesters with child molesters.

John Stewart's big complaint was that gore would have ran the war better than bush. John Stewart will always 100% support that military, it's goals and actions.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’d probably be assassinated

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

text editor posted:

What is keeping Z from re-negotiating last year's treaty (on somewhat worse terms, probably) and claiming that part of the agreement is that he be immediately banished to a luxury London condo?

Voluntarily relinquish power? Why would he do that?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

text editor posted:

a gun to his head probably

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Fair, and probably more correct edit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Godlessdonut posted:

I think this wonder weapon might actually be a game changer :hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/CovertShores/status/1671545894582333440?s=20

lmao

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

text editor posted:

the russians have made a lot of promises and realised a bunch of costs and likely would not accept that deal now

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

the russians have made a lot of promises and realised a bunch of costs and likely would not accept that deal now

this too. russians would be total morons to go for peace based on the offer before the war

bedpan has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Jun 22, 2023

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

In a new peace agreement I think at best Ukraine would get to keep Odessa and retain sea access that way, but it seems unlikely at this point.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

tazjin posted:

In a new peace agreement I think at best Ukraine would get to keep Odessa and retain sea access that way, but it seems unlikely at this point.

I've no idea what an agreement would look like now that NATO spent 2022 bragging about how previous treaties were entirely hollow and were just making time to rearm.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

tazjin posted:

the most compelling speculation I've heard on this (and I'm not saying I think this is a good thing, it would be horrible for the people in Ukraine) is that Russia intends to fully land-lock Ukraine so that they have a way of shutting off the tap and strangling them economically if they get belligerent at any point in the future... in lieu of ever being on good relations with whatever is left of the independent Ukrainian state after this war. Basically make Ukraine's access to the sea contingent on Russia's good will.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

text editor posted:

Generally once you burn someone on a peace agreement like that you don't do peace agreements again cause you can't trust them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tazjin posted:

they may keep odessa but the reparations to Russia would be a lot

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

speaking of which, I still have "Russian foreign reserves will be forfeited to Ukraine" on my bingo card

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

It looks like beet purée.

was gonna say strawberry but this is funnier

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Russian foreign reserves will be forfeited to Ukraine but Ukraine will gratefully decide to keep them in European banks.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

yellowcar posted:

the ukraine government would collapse over night if western support was pulled so why would zelensky ever admit that the russians are beating them

I don't think the western support cares much at all about whether they win or not, just that they're inflicting damage on Russia and providing real life test data on weapons systems.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

bedpan posted:

speaking of which, I still have "Russian foreign reserves will be forfeited to Ukraine" on my bingo card

It would be humorous if they did it, but it was only a relatively small portion they could actually track down, so therefore destroying their creditability while doing almost nothing for Ukraine.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Thoguh posted:

I don't think the western support cares much at all about whether they win or not, just that they're inflicting damage on Russia and providing real life test data on weapons systems.

buyer's remorse basically

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

pwned my low res

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Ardennes posted:

The lie was that is was universal, which it wasn't, but there are plenty of people (often white males) who found a way for it to work for them. It is easy to be an individual when the systems makes sure you're taken cared for.

not just white males. A huge part of why american exceptionalism stuck in the indian context was educated and trained indians moving to the US, essentially going from the prospective middle class of a poor country with a closed economy into a significantly more materially comfortable life at the heart of the indian core. Just saying white males doesn't really give the picture because the indian american experience has basically been that the american dream is a reality (*if you were highly talented and educated at the Indian government's expense).

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

has ukraine started giving out nafo themed war medals yet

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

BULBASAUR posted:

bytch whatever th e gently caress is in the stock photo it 'aint borsh

Article answers your question. Author cannot comprehend borscht.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Meow Tse-tung posted:

I saw this in the south a lot. Bubbles of poverty and middle class suburbia side by side and usually keeping separate. It felt like driving while black was used as a cudgel constantly in the middle class areas. Maybe the minorities in the simpsons didn't live in homer's neighborhood

both carl carlsson and apu are highly educated people lol. Same with doctor hibbert.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

pwned my low res

I was suspicious because of the yellow/green outline but erred on the side of banderite pandering, woops

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

I was suspicious because of the yellow/green outline but erred on the side of banderite pandering, woops

you can see one that shares inspiration 2nd from the top and left lol

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Tankbuster posted:

not just white males. A huge part of why american exceptionalism stuck in the indian context was educated and trained indians moving to the US, essentially going from the prospective middle class of a poor country with a closed economy into a significantly more materially comfortable life at the heart of the indian core. Just saying white males doesn't really give the picture because the indian american experience has basically been that the american dream is a reality (*if you were highly talented and educated at the Indian government's expense).

As I said...often, but yeah it wasn't just white men but a lot of South Asians were also considered "model minorities" during the period, and a lot of white women also were entering the workplace professionally (70s-80s). The system paid dividends to those who could take part in it, it is just that drawbridges came up during the 2000s and now even learning to code may not save you.

That said, I wonder how many millennials just want to go back to their youth and just have it easy like white men had it back then, not to overturn the system, just go back to when poo poo was easy. (Zoomers are too young to know about the good ole' days.)

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

tazjin posted:

The Russian government are fools if they stop before they've taken everything east of the Dnieper, and created a land bridge to Transnistria (which would include Odessa, of course).

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

This has Network Centric Warfare and NATO advisors written all over it. lol NATO planning to fight conventional wars this way would have hilarious results before the nuclear exchange started.

Good observation by whoever said “what if you don’t have air supremacy?” or “what if they have EW and can jam GPS?” did not occur to anyone. The US doctrine of Full Spectrum Dominance accepts as a baseline premise that as the global hyper-power, whatever happens we have got, X, and they have not.

All sorts of things that break very quickly if that’s not the case.

Have they just renamed the forward recon position in front of the 1st line of defence as... The 1st line of defence? So when they took that farm and random village that was them smashing the 1st line of defence? That's genius

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Ardennes posted:

It would be humorous if they did it, but it was only a relatively small portion they could actually track down, so therefore destroying their creditability while doing almost nothing for Ukraine.

kinda amusing that it was western racism not bothering to learn how to spell peoples names correctly that means that they can’t just shift click and sanction everything at once

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Ardennes posted:

As I said...often, but yeah it wasn't just white men but a lot of South Asians were also considered "model minorities" during the period, and a lot of white women also were entering the workplace professionally (70s-80s). The system paid dividends to those who could take part in it, it is just that drawbridges came up during the 2000s and now even learning to code may not save you.

That said, I wonder how many millennials just want to go back to their youth and just have it easy like white men had it back then, not to overturn the system, just go back to when poo poo was easy. (Zoomers are too young to know about the good ole' days.)

yeah the matrix called it's shot. The late 90s were the peak of american imperial power and if you had a couple of houses you were set on easy street.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Ardennes posted:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Godlessdonut posted:

I think this wonder weapon might actually be a game changer :hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/CovertShores/status/1671545894582333440?s=20
friendship ended with HARKOV

now ZAARIN is my best friend

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Im not going to learn to code because coding is poo poo and I'd rather, and probably will, just die

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

Im not going to learn to code because coding is poo poo and I'd rather, and probably will, just die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

:same: