Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Earwicker posted:

there was already a video claiming that "woke ideology" did this somehow but im not clicking on that poo poo so i dont know how they connected those particular dots

CEO said he wanted to hire young folks to motivate a new generation.

Chuds took that as "hiring non whites and that's why it failed"

Completely ignoring the "safety is for nerds" angle that the CEO was actually praising.

That's it. It's nonsensical bullshit, like all things right wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i can't believe they explosively decompressed from the inside out because of the pressure difference unbelievable!!!!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Rubellavator posted:

killing yourself counts as -1 so it's actually a 3.0

1 death for 5 kills is 5:1, 5.0
A 3.0 would require 5:1.666666666...

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

the future is stupid as gently caress.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope someone gets to use this opportunity to respond to their boss doing the whole "excessive safety, don't get out of bed" spiel with "yeah well the last guy to say that got crushed to death in his own submarine at the bottom of the Atlantic"

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

CEO said he wanted to hire young folks to motivate a new generation.

Chuds took that as "hiring non whites and that's why it failed"

Completely ignoring the "safety is for nerds" angle that the CEO was actually praising.

That's it. It's nonsensical bullshit, like all things right wing.

I bet there will be a ton of regulation around these sorts of trips/vehicles because of this dude lmao

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

this completely misses one of the major features of the sub, the front facing "toilet" room with the only window in the thing, where you can poo poo into a cooler and stare into the abyss while separated from the rest of the crew by a privacy curtain. immersion broken 5/10

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Nurglings posted:

Free Market Innovation 101: Get the government to subsidize it

And people got mad when Obama said, "You didn't build that". :lol:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
This better turn out to be a good episode of "Well there's your problem"

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Prettz posted:

the future is stupid as gently caress.

No actually the future is loving hilarious and you know it. People clowning on billionaire misfortune so hard a near-30-year-old song charts again.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Grey Cat posted:

1 death for 5 kills is 5:1, 5.0
A 3.0 would require 5:1.666666666...
I don't think an Own Goal counts for negative score in all games but, regardless, killing yourself definitely doesn't up your score. I should have workshopped this joke some more and I am truly sorry for the victims and their families who were hurt by my poorly thought out bit

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIhSnaqou0I

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Wee posted:

5 Guys 1 Sub

FIVE GUYS
IMPLODES and DIES

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Earwicker posted:

this completely misses one of the major features of the sub, the front facing "toilet" room with the only window in the thing, where you can poo poo into a cooler and stare into the abyss while separated from the rest of the crew by a privacy curtain. immersion broken 5/10

The toilet in the latest video from CBS wasn't even fitted on properly so you could look out the window. It was basically a peephole for fish to watch you poop from behind.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Earwicker posted:

trying to look at the titanic but stockton is still taking a fat poo poo. and now whales are blocking the viewport from the outside to stare at his balls. worst $250k I ever spent

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm hearing that the son didn't even want to go but did it for Father's Day. I don't know if this was covered yet or not, but yikes. The kid is the only one of the five I have much sympathy for.

Ah Jesus, that's so sad, that poor kid :(
I'd never set foot in any deep ocean submersible because I am loving terrified of the whole situation of being trapped in a highly pressurized situation with no access to breathable air beyond what we brought with us.
Sounds like this kid had exactly the same instinct, but went along with it to make his dad happy.
I hope he was dead before he knew anything was wrong.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Earwicker posted:

Imagine the smell right before then implosion.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

No actually the future is loving hilarious and you know it. People clowning on billionaire misfortune so hard a near-30-year-old song charts again.

it's stupid that the only thing challenging the ruling class of obscenely wealthy billionaires is their own total idiocy, but it's also funny when it happens and some guy with enough money to do literally anything he wants decides to ride a glorified thermos to the bottom of the ocean and get predictably disintegrated by the uncaring forces of the natural world

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Carbohydrates posted:

trying to look at the titanic but stockton is still taking a fat poo poo. and now whales are blocking the viewport from the outside to stare at his balls. worst $250k I ever spent

Do you think one of them was on the toilet when it popped?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Ratjaculation posted:

apparently its a floating Logitech controller

:(

Does it still work? Anything we can salvage

MSB3000
Jul 30, 2008
This Bioshock spinoff was interesting

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can someone explain how they were able to get that 450k of loans forgiven, or through what program? I’m not very smart. I get that the real reason is corruption or Trump or the oligarchy but there has to be at least an “official” reason right?

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Drone_Fragger posted:

With any luck the guy who got fired over raising these concerns years ago is vindicated by this and wins his wrongful termination suit.

Imagine if the first lawsuit is some guy wants his job back

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Witeldram posted:

Lol @ the person in the press conference asking if they were gonna try recovering their bodies

Are there even bodies left to recover at this point?

Like is there even a single body part left that hasn't been crushed into porridge and eaten by crabs already?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Carbohydrates posted:

I don't think an Own Goal counts for negative score in all games but, regardless, killing yourself definitely doesn't up your score. I should have workshopped this joke some more and I am truly sorry for the victims and their families who were hurt by my poorly thought out bit

ignore those naysayers! if you stop to think about your jokes and follow all the comedy rules, you're never gonna be remembered as an innovator!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

MSB3000 posted:

This Bioshock spinoff was interesting

Rapture? I think you mean rupture.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Are there any pictures of the debris? I can't seem to find any

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I. M. Gei posted:

Like is there even a single body part that hasn't been crushed into tomato paste and eaten by crabs already?

Would you like that body by the grain or by the gallon?

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

So does this make submersibles the second-greenest invention behind helicopters?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

I. M. Gei posted:

Like is there even a single body part that hasn't been crushed into tomato paste and eaten by crabs already?

Given that they probably would have sunk to the sea floor even if there was something intact left after the initial implosion the answer is most likely no.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This video is going to be playing in a million science classes across the world for the next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDX4--py6ok

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I. M. Gei posted:

there's nothing left - like I'm sure the common person cannot actually imagine the amount of pressure involved in this stuff

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I. M. Gei posted:

Nope.

Everything I have learned over the past 4 days tells me that there is absolutely no way those bodies are anything bigger than soup free-floating and dissolving in the deep ocean for several days.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

I. M. Gei posted:

They dodged that repeatedly in the press conference but did say Catastrophic pressure loss about 100 times hoping they would get the hint.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

LuckyCat posted:

Can someone explain how they were able to get that 450k of loans forgiven, or through what program? I’m not very smart. I get that the real reason is corruption or Trump or the oligarchy but there has to be at least an “official” reason right?

PPP loans during COVID was a program that basically said "Here's some money to keep your business operational. If you keep all your employees for X duration, you don't have to pay us back."

Good program but horribly abused by large corporations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

oxford_town posted:

think of it as the US Navy taking the opportunity to do a practice run for when China loses a critical part of miltech in the deep ocean, or Biden drops the nuclear football off the side of a destroyer.

:vince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfPrc2OnndM

That but Biden and nuclear secrets

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Slotducks posted:

there's nothing left - like I'm sure the common person cannot actually imagine the amount of pressure involved in this stuff

Yeah, one way or another they got dissolved. Even if the implosion somehow occurred at a high enough height to not just liquify them outright and just drown them I imagine the descent would have done the trick to their corpses anyways.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 22, 2023

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I. M. Gei posted:

Like is there even a single body part that hasn't been crushed into porridge and eaten by crabs already?

no and the reason why media people keep asking the question is so that they can use the inevitable response of some exasperated coast guard guy going "no, as stated previously they were fully obliterated and the resulting jelly has now dissipated" in their article or whatever

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Now we gotta wait for Steve Aoki to blow up in the moon rocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

smoobles posted:

the Logitech controller would easily fetch $100k on ebay if they find it

It's probably a mass of plastic shards. I can't imagine there's much left whole after it was impacted by tons of water moving at velocities near that of a bullet.