Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

live with fruit posted:

My bad, I forgot that they eradicated racism in the US.

Do you know/remember the post people are making fun of?

Because that's not why we're making these jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lockback posted:

I hear Toronto might get an Afghani restaurant. So racism will be, like, double eradicated.

All the good Afghani places are in Mississauga so Raptors 905 are primed for a resurgence.

Derozan must be looking at that Siakam news thinking he probably should've done the same, although I guess he had more years. Fitting that Toronto begged for 2 decades to have a star want them and now they can't get rid of them.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Is Siakim a star or just the best player on their roster right now

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

TheKevman posted:

I am here my brother! :hfive:

Literally posting from the delivery room while wife is knocked out- ESPN found me and let me know 🤣

It will be glorious and you will sip from the chalice of victory next June.

Hell yeah, congrats.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Congrats to the KevMan. Name the kid monkeu

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
beware of the timecorn

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
p.s. sorry foochs but joining the warriors fanbase as a cp3 fan to watch them lose in the 1st round is a fate worse than death and you shouldve prayed for the beautiful mercy of wizards fandom

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

i am a moron posted:

I guess it depends on what you call a star. He can be the best player on a playoff team but not a conference finals team. If we weren't in The Deal Zone I'd ponder how much better Carter was (if he was) than him but we should save that one for August.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

If you give that kid the name Jackson CP3 it will guarantee a ring

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

Don't make me root for the Warriors out of some SAS specific version of friendship ball.

If that's the direction this is going, I can be this year's top heel poster. My qualifications are this:

I'm a catty, sharp tongued rear end.
A quick glance at my rap sheet will show that I know the difference between a work and a shoot.

Hint: you won't have to root for cp3 playing on the warriors

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Punkin Spunkin posted:

p.s. sorry foochs but joining the warriors fanbase as a cp3 fan to watch them lose in the 1st round is a fate worse than death and you shouldve prayed for the beautiful mercy of wizards fandom

At this point I'm already dead, so I'm gonna just ride to hell in the wildest way possible

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Foochs having to be a warriors fan is the most lol thing of all time

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don't really think it matters that much how well the corpse of CP3 plays for them, but there's really no use waiving him at this point, so he might as well play. The whole point of the trade is to soften the landing toward rebuilding.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I can’t believe the warriors got off Jordan Pooles Contract before it even started.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ghost Dog posted:

monkeu would post for multiple pages to himself about steph curry with no one responding or saying anything, hes a good bit more unhinged than anyone here

I did this once with the Scripps Spelling Bee.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

In other news yeah I dunno about this trade. We added a ball dominant old as hell low usage rate scorer to a team of high usage rate scorers, including the single best point guard of all time. Not really…I mean…weird move, nice thing is we basically traded peanuts for him and got Poole off the books. Whatever, it’s not a move that fills me with confidence but at this point I’ve kind of come to the conclusion that our time has passed and GSW is slowly falling apart as we try desperately to secure number 5 for Curry. I doubt we do, or will, but at least the two timelines have collapsed and we are just full bore into win now mode.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Paul Zuvella posted:

I can’t believe the warriors got off Jordan Pooles Contract before it even started.

Of course we live in the hell timeline where Mike Dunleavy Jr ends up becoming the greatest GM in history

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
gonna be crazy when draymond punches the poo poo out of cp3
real alien versus predator situation

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
they're gonna have a dick punching competition every practice judged by Esteemed Warrior Zaza Pachulia Respected By Overrated Scrub Steve Kerr

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah file this poo poo next to Wall and Westbrook et al in the groaning-at-capacity-yet-all-too-frequently-ignored file folder coyly labelled "Literally Any NBA Contract Ever Is Tradeable"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

nikosoft posted:

Of course we live in the hell timeline where Mike Dunleavy Jr ends up becoming the greatest GM in history
steph curry is so good and so incredible he's gonna make people in the future think steve kerr, mike dunleavy jr, and the lacobs had talent and ability

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Replacing Poole's usage with CP3 is a net win.

You mostly just have to hope he stays healthy and your defensive structure can support when both steph and CP3 in the backcourt.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
the warriors marrying their energy with the clippers/rockets curse is a sign of true desperation
can they get josh smith

can we figure out a way to get jimmy barrels on this team

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
The Warriors could have Steph, Wiggins, Looney, kuminga, moody and 30-40 million in cap space come 24-25. That sounds appealing but I haven’t looked at FA summer of 24 list yet.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Calidus posted:

The Warriors could have Steph, Wiggins, Looney, kuminga, moody and 30-40 million in cap space come 24-25. That sounds appealing but I haven’t looked at FA summer of 24 list yet.

It won't be that much, because they will have whatever Draymond signs for plus their draft picks from this draft and next, plus cap holds for unused roster spots. But yeah, getting off Poole and letting Klay's bonkers deal expire will clean up their cap significantly.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I'm not sure why anyone would think CP3 won't work on the Warriors. I doubt he's gonna raise much stink about coming off the bench behind freaking Steph Curry, and their second unit needs help. He probably doesn't put them over the top with Klay and Dray on the decline, but a reduced-minutes role on a team with extremely sophisticated off-ball movement is a great fit as he winds down his career.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This trade is by far more of a win for the Dubs because of dumping Poole more than gaining CP3, but even if, ratio-wise, one is a bigger piece than the other, they're still both positives considering Chris is on such a short term deal, unlike Poole.

This is also why I've said the Beal trade was so dumb for the Suns. They did the inverse of what the Warriors just did. Dropping the CP3 contract was 100% the right move, but what they did in the process was extremely dumb.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

i am a moron posted:

I don't know where star begins and ends but he was the #2 option on the championship team and has been all-nba 2nd and 3rd team once each so he's at least decent.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Siakim is a very good player, but you're not winning a title if he's your best player.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'm not sure why anyone would think CP3 won't work on the Warriors. I doubt he's gonna raise much stink about coming off the bench behind freaking Steph Curry, and their second unit needs help. He probably doesn't put them over the top with Klay and Dray on the decline, but a reduced-minutes role on a team with extremely sophisticated off-ball movement is a great fit as he winds down his career.

I do wonder if him being a guy that teams just don't guard helps the three point shooting, especially since he'll be much more open with the Warriors than anywhere else. But I imagine he's going to just do a lot of triangle passes to whoever comes out on him for easy assist totals.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

One of the highest IQ points in history willing to come off the bench and address their glaring weakness whose minutes can be managed to (hopefully) prevent injury replaces a diva who "got his bag" and then literally shot them out of games in the playoffs.

The dubs were at their best when they had Shaun Livingston commanding the 2nd unit and I feel like while CP3 has an entirely different game, the ball control, distribution, and dick punching will really take them to the next level.

I like it, let's roll :dance:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Karnisovas when all of the other GMs are doing Deals

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Probably Magic posted:

I did this once with the Scripps Spelling Bee.

for an entire page of just your posts? like hundreds in a row in the span of an hour?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Rick posted:

I do wonder if him being a guy that teams just don't guard helps the three point shooting, especially since he'll be much more open with the Warriors than anywhere else. But I imagine he's going to just do a lot of triangle passes to whoever comes out on him for easy assist totals.

The suns tried that last year.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Hand Knit posted:

I don't know where star begins and ends but he was the #2 option on the championship team and has been all-nba 2nd and 3rd team once each so he's at least decent.

He’s very good for sure, I’m more talking about his marketability and… stariness? I feel like Kawhi’s the only ‘star’ Torontos has recently, Derozan and Lowry were also in that very good tier but never felt like they got star level attention either

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

i am a moron posted:

He’s very good for sure, I’m more talking about his marketability and… stariness? I feel like Kawhi’s the only ‘star’ Torontos has recently, Derozan and Lowry were also in that very good tier but never felt like they got star level attention either

He's quite popular in local advertisements if that's the standard. I assume he's not big in the States but, well, that's a foreign country. It takes a pretty spectacular level of player in Toronto to be a star in the US.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is also why I've said the Beal trade was so dumb for the Suns. They did the inverse of what the Warriors just did. Dropping the CP3 contract was 100% the right move, but what they did in the process was extremely dumb.

The Suns committed to long term pain for a better chance at winning in the next year or two when they traded for KD, adding Beal was just doubling down on that.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
What just happened. Chris Paul?!?!

This is wild.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Lol memphis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

hifi posted:

The suns tried that last year.

Yeah true although I think the Warriors ball movement is a lot better than what the Suns were doing after the Durant trade.