Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Bought a duffel bag since I am going traveling a bit, through finland and sweden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Bought a duffel bag since I am going traveling a bit, through finland and sweden

Oh is that the HH 88?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
To be really precise it's the HH duffel bag model 14, color code 88.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
New Spigen case for my Pixel. I got it with the Google default one when I bought it and...it sucks. The plastic/rubber is too soft, and it's all warped in a couple spots cause my swipes in my various app to go back/foward/whatever have made the case actually deflect out.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Does anyone know of a good quality folding table/work table? My garage is quite small and I need to get rid of the table table I have in there in favor of something I can put away when not in use. Doesn’t have to be too fancy but sturdiness is important.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

His Divine Shadow posted:

To be really precise it's the HH duffel bag model 14, color code 88.

So is this an intentional Nazi reference? Because it really feels like one. Are you a Nazi?

14 and 88 are significant numbers to Nazis for dumb reasons, and HH is a shorthand for "heil hitler"

Brain Curry posted:

Jokes? On a comedy website?

yeah, okay fair, it could be sarcastic, in which case I apologize. I don't have much tolerance for ironically pretending to be terrible and will assume that you're actually being terrible, because *gestures at world*

TooMuchAbstraction has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Jun 21, 2023

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Jokes? On a comedy website?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I didn't make the joke, I just ran it into the ground

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

So is this an intentional Nazi reference? Because it really feels like one. Are you a Nazi?

14 and 88 are significant numbers to Nazis for dumb reasons, and HH is a shorthand for "heil hitler"

yeah, okay fair, it could be sarcastic, in which case I apologize. I don't have much tolerance for ironically pretending to be terrible and will assume that you're actually being terrible, because *gestures at world*

Did you Nazi the joke

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
lollllll

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Dont feel too bad I had the same reaction.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
It was a lovely joke

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

I got a new Kiryu. You can tell them apart because one has a bicycle and the other's just holding a cigarette.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

credburn posted:

I got a new Kiryu. You can tell them apart because one has a bicycle and the other's just holding a cigarette.

that's rad

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

I worked for a company that unironically released a flagship product called "1488". 8 is a lucky number to some, it was the 14th-ish generation. Still cracks me up.

I bought an ebike:

It's fun being lazy.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Warbird posted:

Does anyone know of a good quality folding table/work table? My garage is quite small and I need to get rid of the table table I have in there in favor of something I can put away when not in use. Doesn’t have to be too fancy but sturdiness is important.

I like my Black & Decker Workmate, fwiw. Folds up well, seems sturdy.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
I tripped and bought an old car.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

NovaLion posted:

:getin:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Subjunctive posted:

I like my Black & Decker Workmate, fwiw. Folds up well, seems sturdy.

Thats seems nice though I may need something a bit larger. Honestly a decent folding table likely would fit the bill, but I'll see if I can get a good look at one of those the next time I swing by Depot/Lowes.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

NovaLion posted:

Nice 944! Is it Turbo?

My dad had a 928s for a while back in the day. I like the old front engine Porsches

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
uhh isn't that car german...

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Some used OEM wheels with tires

For one of my cars what for to go parking lot racing with

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Used tires for your car? Not exactly your 6th guitar is it

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

namlosh posted:

Nice 944! Is it Turbo?

My dad had a 928s for a while back in the day. I like the old front engine Porsches

It is! It feels like I stole it from the guy for the price I paid, and the condition it's in.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

uhh isn't that car german...

Yes.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Lucky find at a flea market (even if it wasn't exactly a $3 kind of lucky find):

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

~1980 Hondo HD910B, D being for the factory DiMarzios, B because it's black. Or was

Stripped and refinished natural, and done well. Bridge replaced, pickup rings replaced, tuners replaced. Possibly needs a new nut, slots are a little deep and also sticky. Plays good otherwise, sounds great. That's now 7 DiMarzio equipped Hondos because I can't stop myself when I see one cheap.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Any recommendations for an adult backpack? Needs to fit a 16” laptop for commuting to work but also have a ton of room for travel.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Any recommendations for an adult backpack? Needs to fit a 16” laptop for commuting to work but also have a ton of room for travel.

I love my Patagonia refugio 28L. It's a work horse. Perfect for no-suitcase overnight work trips assuming you can get away with 1 pair of shoes. Laptop, charger, change of clothes, water bottle. It's materially lighter than various other common backpacks, smaller looking, but holds way more. It's well worth it. We own two now after getting one. Used it as diaper bag.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Josh Lyman posted:

I love my timbuk2 travel pack. I have a smaller one, but their casual and traditional bags are probably along the same lines in a bigger size.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Josh Lyman posted:

Tom Bihn Synik 22 or Brain Bag imo

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Osprey Porter 46 if you wil be doing overnight traveling.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Airline employee and frequent traveler here. The porter 46 may be too large for some ultra low cost carriers like spirit, frontier etc. and in foreign countries where there’s a weight limit for carry ons it might be an issue. I use the Osprey Farpoint 40 & haven’t had any issues

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Josh Lyman posted:

I'd recommend a SwissGear backpack, I got one for under $50 a few years ago at Sam's Club or Costco, and it has been great, very durable, lots of pockets, holds a ton of stuff, has a laptop compartment and detachable sleeve for extra padding, and it is comfortable to carry. If you have a membership to one of those places I would check there.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I recommend two paper sacks:
- environmental friendly
- spacious
- stylish
- can be used as emergency fuel
- can be used as emergency TP
- folds up when not in use
- can be folded/nestled into each other

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I'm a fan of Janelle Monae.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
A beater made in Taiwan Harmony Strat copy

And a CNZ Audio Tele thinline copy that is more orange than yellow in person

But I also sold two guitars this week, and one of those paid for both of these.

widefault has a new favorite as of 20:48 on Jul 3, 2023

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dishwasher went after 12 years and replacing it with the exact same model was going to take 1-3 months, which is 0.99-2.99 months longer than I’m willing to wash dishes by hand.

Reviews well, will be here Wednesday.

Now back to the search for a 36” induction range we like…

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Dishwasher went after 12 years and replacing it with the exact same model was going to take 1-3 months, which is 0.99-2.99 months longer than I’m willing to wash dishes by hand.

Reviews well, will be here Wednesday.

Now back to the search for a 36” induction range we like…

Bosch is the One True Dishwasher so congratulations a smart choice. Whatever you do, no Bosch or Samsung induction ranges.

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR
We have a Bosch induction range (like burners and oven combo range) for 5 years and love it. Family of 4. Zero issues, easiest thing to clean up, reliable oven temps and fast to preheat. Boils a kettle of water in <1 min and I can go from frozen perogies to full belly in <10 min.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, Bosch doesn’t seem to make a 36” range. Thermador does as of this summer, but it’s $17K CAD so maybe not…