Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i forget where it was but the thing that defines anaheim to me was the scene where it turned out that every rejected project was reworked to give it a gundam head and was then approved with no other changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Imagineering is the term you're looking for and none of the other things you suggest are remotely true

I'm a Disney™️ Fungineer™️ and he p much hit the nail on the head wrt how we do things in Anaheim.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i forget where it was but the thing that defines anaheim to me was the scene where it turned out that every rejected project was reworked to give it a gundam head and was then approved with no other changes.

that scene lives rent free in my head

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

I imagine Anaheim is more like a breakroom full of cocaine and Charlie Day types.

That right there is the Gundam. Now let's talk about the Gundam. Can we talk about the Gundam please, Emary? I've been dying to talk about the Gundam with you all day, okay? Quattro Bajeena, this name keeps comin' up over and over and over again. Every day Quattro's Gundam getting sent back to me. Quattro Bajeena, Quattro Bajeena, I look in the hangar, this whole place is Quattro Bajeena! So I say to myself I gotta find this guy. I gotta go up to his office, I gotta put his Gundam in the guy's goddamn hands! Otherwise he's never gonna get it, it's gonna keep coming back down here. So I go up to Quattro's office and what do I find out, Emary, what do I find out? There is no Quattro Bajeena. The man does not exist, okay? So I decided, ohh poo poo, buddy, I gotta dig a little deeper. There's no Quattro Bajeena, you gotta be kidding me, I got boxes full of Quattro! All right, so I start marching my way down to Wong in H.R. and I knock on his door and I say, "Wonnngggg, Wonnngggg! I gotta talk to you about Quattro!" And when I open the door, what do I find? There's not a single goddamn desk in that office. There is no Wong in H.R. Emary, half the employees in this building have been made up. This office is a goddamn ghost town.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the question is are they talking about the hyaku shiki or the gundam mk iii

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Protodedester/status/1670332381822169089

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Never mind, disregard. Not thinking straight.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

do you think char has ever said gently caress

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Thinking a variety of slurs in Amuro's direction to get his attention

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Char absolutely says gently caress

Amuro never feels the need to say gently caress until he has to deal with Char again

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

drrockso20 posted:

Imagineering is the term you're looking for and none of the other things you suggest are remotely true
The mobile suits are based on the Hall of Presidents

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Stairmaster posted:

do you think char has ever said gently caress

Char says gently caress.
Casval says it, but very rarely.
Quattro is muttering it every time he’s not on screen.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Char knew all the slurs for earthnoids

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1671655204373274627?s=20

Full translation for the Beltorchika's Children novel

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-06-21/gundam-seed-film-slated-for-current-fiscal-year/.199469

Also the Seed movie is slated to come out during this fiscal year, so by next March

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-06-21/gundam-seed-film-slated-for-current-fiscal-year/.199469

Also the Seed movie is slated to come out during this fiscal year, so by next March

Also confirmed to be a sequel to Destiny, not an interquel or anything.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Shinn Asuka is loving back

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

SEED introduced Gundam to a whole new generation, now it's time for a whole new generation to be introduced to SEED

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Introduce the Seed movie to a trash can so it can be with its family.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

stargazer was okay

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Will it have the red astray with big crakow shoes?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i can't complain about a good new movie existing but also i really don't want to watch 100 episodes of seed+destiny

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Compilation films are probably fine for Seed, if you must.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It is going to be really weird to see SEED with a more modern animation style.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
They shouldn't change the art or animation style at all

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

haypliss posted:

Compilation films are probably fine for Seed, if you must.

They're much better paced than early SEED, but that's not saying much. I haven't seen the whole of the proper show, so I can't compare too easily, but the films felt rushed and the series felt sluggish. There wasn't really an option that felt ideal.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You can mimic the 00's character design but I doubt you can capture the awkward look of the digital transition that Seed and most early 00's shows have

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'd say the ideal is to both not watch 100 episodes of Seed regardless of story compromises, and for the new movie to not look poo poo like the original show did. They still make shows with Hirai's designs, this will just be in line with that stuff but probably on the stiffer side compared to MJP.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I think the movie should adopt the aesthetic of the original series to make sure fewer people decide to get into Seed to have context for the new movie

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Endorph posted:

stargazer was okay

So was Seed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay is the operative word. Most of the time it's perfectly watchable but hardly standout stuff, IMO. I mostly trash it for being ugly as sin and I think that Okawara was phoning it in with most of his suit designs thst were just lazy retreads of his UC work. Storywise I've seen worse and deeper dives in quality.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Man Urdr Hunt has so much cool poo poo in it

https://twitter.com/ippeigyoubu/status/1671716903449145344?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Unironically excited for what designs they are cooking up for the Beyond Destiny, Punished Judgement and Hyper Muteki Freedom or whatever they are going to call the new suits.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
I swear I've been reading about the SEED movie since I was like 15.

It is so trippy to know that it might actually drop next year.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Yeah it's a shame Urdr Hunt is lame and it'll probably be forever before we see those designs in anything cool.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Arc Hammer posted:

Will it have the red astray with big crakow shoes?

It's going to have the ultimate in Cosmic Era weapons technology: an anti-sword ship.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hmm, a ship designed to defeat swords, eh?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Kira is just going to be/shoot lasers, no mech needed anymore.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ojjeorago posted:

It's going to have the ultimate in Cosmic Era weapons technology: an anti-sword ship.

An rear end is an rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nuebot posted:

Yeah it's a shame Urdr Hunt is lame and it'll probably be forever before we see those designs in anything cool.

I'm sure they'll get into the next SD Gundam G Generation.