Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

latinotwink1997 posted:

Continue the search!

There could still be a survivor in the toilet.

deep in the bowels of the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
So what does the controller look like for the ROV?

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

This is going to be loving insufferable

My tweets about the controller & speakers went hot, and within 10 minutes I got two “fake news” responses.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

HEY MODS...

yall think this thread Merits a Gold minin'?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Carlos Lantana posted:

There once was a sub off Nantucket.

That was built from a Home Depot bucket.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Do you think Cameron jacked it while he was down there, to be the deepest depth anyone has ever jacked it at?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

sticksy posted:

Do you think Cameron jacked it while he was down there, to be the deepest depth anyone has ever jacked it at?

Yes.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Lots of good thread titles last page, a veritable sea buffet.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

The Bananana posted:

HEY MODS...

A goldmined GBS thread is really the most fitting tribute for what is essentially the Doobie's Dog House of oceanographic expeditions.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
those morans shoulda taken the Neptune 2000 down there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v18-Z5LBQD8

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Prof. Crocodile posted:

A goldmined GBS thread is really the most fitting tribute for what is essentially the Doobie's Dog House of oceanographic expeditions.

did anyone donate to implode the sub faster and deprive their kids of christmas yet

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Withnail posted:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

TheMightyBoops posted:

Get a new conspiracy that’s actually fun losers.

Dethklok did it

viral marketing for Metalocalypse season 5

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Withnail posted:

the victor 6000 is a very serious super bot by very serious frenchies though so it probably has some very serious looking panels

here's some pictures from nasa tho

we all use the xbox/ps4 controllers. usually u use a xbox controller to test poo poo not really run it in a life depending capacity lol.

although if I said I hadn't driven myself around by xbox controller multiple times id be lying

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Bananana posted:

HEY MODS...

alerted the rhino

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

ethanol posted:

we all use the xbox/ps4 controllers. usually u use a xbox controller to test poo poo not really run it in a life depending capacity lol.

Right. For serious situations you break out the Wavebird.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

We got crushed in

a homemade submarine
a homemade submarine
a homemade submarine

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Wait, I recognize that deadly water column! It's the iceberg!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Right. For serious situations you break out the Wavebird.

with the c stick? nah

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

Imagine if they'd used a wiimote instead

i mean how many nerds have 100% super mario galaxy or zelda, and done speed runs for those underwater levels.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Hed posted:

So what the heck was the “hearing a banging sound every 30 minutes”? Just complete speculation?

it was the fish having indigestion

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

ded posted:

it was the fish having indigestion

it was the fish blasting huge loads. i'm an oceanographer and i've seen it

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

The Bananana posted:

HEY MODS...

someone post all the good shops in one place and goldmine this glorious thread

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

R.L. Stine posted:

Not trying to be funny, not trying to get a laugh, I don't want anyone to have the worst day of their job... but

do any of these fuckers ever burst through the submarine walls and have a huge cumshot?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

nine-gear crow posted:

https://twitter.com/TitanicSub/status/1671994805256179712

Oh Jesus, the kid knew this was a bad idea before he even got on the sub but did it for his dad, who didn't know any better :yikes:

My play it safe was afraid to dive. He packed his Xbox controller and kissed his mom goodbye. He waited his whole drat life just to take that plunge and as the sub crushed in he thought, “well isn’t this nice?” Isn’t it ironic… don’t you think?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

R.L. Stine posted:

It was the sea animals rejoicing at a Manfall

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

people saying its normal to use that controller are absolutely hosed btw. unlike a video game where you can set them down or literally throw them in the case of Stockton rush because it might fall in such a way as to maneuver the sub in some way which kills you. You can bind a button that you have to hold down but now it becomes unintuitive and uncomfortable. It's not even waterproof lol. I don't care that it's not what killed him it's going on the list. this is after I watched the tweet where he explains throwing the controller around to people and lets them drive

Stockton should be at the top of every engineering failure powerpoint they give at all the engineer schools. right next to tacoma narrows, challenger, rbmk reactors etc.

he failed at every thing god bless

ethanol fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 23, 2023

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Wow...

"OceanGate knows better." lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

holefoods posted:

Not trying to be funny, not trying to get a laugh, I don't want anyone to have the worst day of their job... but

do any of these fuckers ever burst through the submarine walls and have a huge cumshot?

lol

Silver Vision posted:

Don’t know if anyone has said this yet but I wish the Diving Crooner all the best

lol again

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Zamujasa posted:

FIVE GUYS
IMPLODES and DIES

That's a high quality post right there.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Zamujasa posted:

FIVE GUYS
IMPLODES and DIES
god dang

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Codependent Poster posted:

We got crushed in

a homemade submarine
a homemade submarine
a homemade submarine

This is the 18th post of yellow submarine adaptations with the second and third “a”, which are both loving up the rhythm.

Original is

We all live in a yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine. …

:argh:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

R.L. Stine posted:

I’m a marine biologist when I’m not working the Wendy’s drive-through, and I’ve heard a lot of aquatic loads dropped in my time

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

ethanol posted:

important to note it wasn't just carbon fiber, it had an interface with a sheet metal I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK99kBS1AfE

yikes

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

ethanol posted:

people saying its normal to use that controller are absolutely hosed btw. unlike a video game where you can set them down or literally throw them in the case of Stockton rush because it might fall in such a way as to maneuver the sub in some way which kills you. You can bind a button that you have to hold down but now it becomes unintuitive and uncomfortable. It's not even waterproof lol. I don't care that it's not what killed him it's going on the list. this is after I watched the tweet where he explains how he describes throwing the controller around to people and lets them drive

Stockton should be at the top of every engineering failure powerpoint they give at all the engineer schools. right next to tacoma narrows, challenger, rbmk reactors etc.

he failed at every thing god bless

Yeah I don't disagree with this

Like the whole using a controller does make sense, in that video games involve an altered 3 dimensional movement schema and intuitive controls, and for this a RC controller or video game controller is at least understandable.

What isn't is the cavalier attitude

Like you say "we use an Xbox controller" and I'm imagining a hardened thing on stick like at a 90s McDonald's or W/E that has been tested and calibrated by a technician

Not a thing you are throwing round on a sub and giving to the crew to drive the groversub around on with Madonna tits

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Everyone's deader, down where it's wetter.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zamujasa posted:

FIVE GUYS
IMPLODES and DIES

:piss:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

gently caress that dude Jesus loving christ I was talking about interfacing radially under the compression not longitudinally ughhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Looks legit. RIght down to neckbeard and excited nerd buddy.