Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol jesus that poo poo should be illegal

Americans: "we were founded on biblical ideals"
Also americans: "lol usury owns"

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
you could've bought a nice car with cash for $30k in 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

cum jabbar posted:

and like, a pretty nice new car too lol

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
iirc a new lexus es cost about $35k pre covid

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
a loving Tiguan lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DavidZipper/status/1671863294607388672?t=1Td2zsCOLqoNB65_C-BUyQ&s=19

Lol thanks Obama

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cum jabbar posted:

many people have 30k in cash

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

many people have 30k in cash

the person with the loan made a $30k down payment in a $70k car

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

cum jabbar posted:

the person with the loan made a $30k down payment in a $70k car

No, it's a $0 down payment with $33k in finance charges over the life of the loan. The car itself is technically "only" $42k.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

corona familiar posted:

they also used to close certain blocks of Valencia to car traffic entirely. always loved to see what was happening in the street on those days. people would hold impromptu dinner parties and music performances that drew decent crowds. wonder if that'll ever happen now that we're putting a big ribbon of bad ideas straight down the middle of the road

i assume that you're talking about the sunday streets program. they don't do it as often as they used to but they're doing a sunday streets on valencia on july 30th, closing over a mile of the road to car traffic for 5 hours.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Ham Equity posted:

No, it's a $0 down payment with $33k in finance charges over the life of the loan. The car itself is technically "only" $42k.

exactly, 41k was the sale price, but the APR added 31k to that. if they had a down payment it would have been subtracted from the 41k

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
what the gently caress

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/the_transit_guy/status/1671967401158516755

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Lmao the second of hesitation before peeling outa there.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Blackhawk posted:

you know the driver figured the truck just hit a rock or curb, at no point was that worker within view (which in literally no way absolves the driver, if anything it means they have a higher responsibility of not being negligent of their blindspots)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Blackhawk posted:

looks to me like they were just waiting for that white van to pass and never noticed the guy

that video gave me a feeling of creeping dread i usually associate with good horror movies

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

what in the actual gently caress

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Yeah well the victim should have been wearing.... Oh. Uh. Hmmm. Should have been taller if they wanted to remain un-crushed.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

SimonSays posted:

Yeah well the victim should have been wearing

4 inch heels

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Doc Hawkins posted:

looks to me like they were just waiting for that white van to pass and never noticed the guy

that video gave me a feeling of creeping dread i usually associate with good horror movies

correct. they probably never saw the victim and never knew there had been a collision, because the car is built to make that kind of situational awareness impossible, and they were almost certainly looking in the direction of traffic (the opposite direction from the victim)

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Speaking of the design of modern vehicles, I could swear that all of the speed bumps built here recently have been loving massive. My suspicion is that all of the monster SUVs and truks with big travel soft suspension could just sail over older speed bumps without slowing down and so the council is having to build them bigger and bigger to actually do their job. Kinda like the arms race happening with vehicle size and weight, wonder how long it will take before a 20 year old hatchback can't even get over them without bottoming out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

e bikes/scooters were just banned in my nyc building over fire concerns.

great excuse to give away the electric skateboard we got that my family keeps getting wrecked trying to use.

bad for mobility tho

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 00:45 on Jun 23, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

great excuse to give away the electric skateboard we got that my family keeps getting wrecked trying to use.

yoo just sayin i lack the necessary self preservation instincts to avoid such a device

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Blackhawk posted:

Speaking of the design of modern vehicles, I could swear that all of the speed bumps built here recently have been loving massive. My suspicion is that all of the monster SUVs and truks with big travel soft suspension could just sail over older speed bumps without slowing down and so the council is having to build them bigger and bigger to actually do their job. Kinda like the arms race happening with vehicle size and weight, wonder how long it will take before a 20 year old hatchback can't even get over them without bottoming out.

I've seen this in person, there's a residential street people use here to cut between highways and after some lady had her legs removed by a speeder they stuck speed bumps in. They were made bigger last year after truck drivers would just glide over them at 40mph (in a 25)

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
Speed bumps are worthless

Install things that narrow roads

Or just narrow the road

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Greg12 posted:

Speed bumps are worthless

Install things that narrow roads

Or just narrow the road
bollards

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Install blades overhead and speed bumps below

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Death penalty

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SKULL.GIF posted:

Death penalty

For the auto manufacturers, agreed

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
foudn one

right hand drive and everything

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

foudn one

lol

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

Gunshow Poophole posted:

foudn one

Good composition on this photo. I spy a similar capacity bed in the background attached to an overly large growth of a cab.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Ragaduffin posted:

Good composition on this photo. I spy a similar capacity bed in the background attached to an overly large growth of a cab.

that f150 can hold ~3x more

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

500excf type r posted:

that f150 can hold ~3x more

it won't tho

Apr 7, 2003

Apr 7, 2003

one thing I've been seeing a lot of lately is trucks that don't tow and never will tow being bought with the extended towing mirrors. Good poo poo, anything to make your truck even more obnoxious.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

gently caress em both imo

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

one thing I've been seeing a lot of lately is trucks that don't tow and never will tow being bought with the extended towing mirrors. Good poo poo, anything to make your truck even more obnoxious.

Easier target for a u-lock. Allegedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoU
Dec 31, 2008

SimonSays posted:

Easier target for a u-lock. Allegedly.

:hmmyes: