Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

This dangerously dovetails with the nuclear plant thing. Ukraine has just been told they have a way to get NATO to ride to the rescue.

yep. both sides basically have a last resort plan which results in nuclear war. pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

sum posted:

Officially scraping the bottom of the barrel for manpower? I still think the most likely way the war ends is that the AFU loses its ability to regenerate itself and starts falling apart.
https://twitter.com/Jordanpkjj/status/1672027352426225664

Don't worry ladies. Once they kill off every male in Ukraine you're next in the trenches. Nobody has miss out. Room for everyone.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Don't worry ladies. Once they kill off every male in Ukraine you're next in the trenches. Nobody has miss out. Room for everyone.

Ukraine Recruits Women Soldiers. Why Doesn’t Russia?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

sum posted:

Officially scraping the bottom of the barrel for manpower? I still think the most likely way the war ends is that the AFU loses its ability to regenerate itself and starts falling apart.
https://twitter.com/Jordanpkjj/status/1672027352426225664

I just sent my cousin in Kiev a text asking if this was legit. He's an office worker dude in his 50's. lol if Ukraine is making him go to the front (not really lol, I don't want him getting hurt).

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ukraine is at that point in the command & conquer skirmish mode where you go "gently caress it" sell off your entire base to get every last infantry you can then throw everything you have at your opponent hoping to break through the Tesla coils long enough to take out their power plants and disable them.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Записки пасквілянта posted:

#Ukraine #UkrWar22
A quite interesting AK-74 with a memorable plaque about the transfer of this rifle to the "Lviv Higher Military-Political School" personally from the designer Mikhail Kalashnikov.
(from t.me/volodymyrboyko/4400, via tgsa)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Some important context:

https://twitter.com/Jordanpkjj/status/1672057361060741122

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah Ukraine is finally going to start emptying out the big cities, presumably because the villages are already empty.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Standard NATO tactics. Systematically eliminate military age males by region.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://twitter.com/ArmchairW/status/1671749212625833984?s=20

Is anyone going to go back and revise this doctrine now or what?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

If it's the same as the Ivano-Frankovsk order than for context

#МОНТЯН! posted:

All from 18 to 60 😱

A general mobilization has been announced in Ivano-Frankivsk. Although a general mobilization has been declared in Ukraine since February of last year, there is something new here. The local military commissar obliged all conscripts to come to the city military commissariat within 10 days, and also reminded that it is prohibited for potential drivers of "leopards" to change their place of residence without his permission. In addition, the commissar decided to mobilize the means of transportation in the entrusted territory.

This order is interesting in that it, for the first time, requires the attendance of all male persons aged 18-60 in a particular locality. We are talking about approximately 60,000 people, not counting those already mobilized and escaped. Prior to this, military commissars were engaged in selective hunting for conscripts on the streets, but here they decided to grab everyone at once. Obviously, not all 60,000 will be sent to the trenches, but each of those who appears will receive a summons and will be required to appear at the first demand of the military commissariat.

The question is only what quantity out of 60,000 will actually come to the military commissariat voluntarily. I doubt that even half will. Although Frankivsk is a region with an ultra-patriotic accent, the number of those willing to fight there does not exceed the average percentage in the country. It's one thing to shout "Moskals to knives" - and quite another to sit in a trench under enemy attacks. Therefore, I think that this initiative is a trial balloon to find out how many more conscripts can be recruited without unnecessary hassle. In this case, I can only rejoice that they started with Frankivsk. It's a boomerang for mass voting for "Svaboda" and other Nazicuks. Now they have a real opportunity to become the first city in Ukraine to experience the West's concept of war with Russia to the last Ukrainian. 🤷

★ Channel #MONTYAN!
★ #MONTYAN! without notes
★ All #MONTYAN! channels
(from t.me/montyan2/5401, via tgsa)

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 04:51 on Jun 23, 2023

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

are they missing the armoured side panals or what is going on here

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

CODChimera posted:

They have to fit in Chinooks, so what you see is what you get.

Which is going to be a bitch in the cold and rain too.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i think id want some doors if i was going to be in a car thats going to get shot at

thats just me though

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

If that was a wristwatch they'd call it skeletonised and charge you extra for it.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

yeah i think im gonna walk to the objective, sarge

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

DancingShade posted:

If that was a wristwatch they'd call it skeletonised and charge you extra for it.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

You are protected against NOTHING in that. You don't even have a full windshield. Guys at the front will NEED protective glasses to not get injured by bugs.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
thats just the halo warthog

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Frosted Flake posted:

Someone tried to copy the Halo Warthog in real life?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's less functional than a deuce and a half from 1950.

Progress!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

you're either shot in the car or shot down with your helicopter

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

CODChimera posted:

the panels were used to make the coffins included with each purchase

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I forgot I’ve actually seen this up close, though my photos are terrible

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

Weka posted:

I don't think the moral framing is helpful and it's easy to strip it from these ideas, but because you used it I'll keep it. Nobody is saying one American can stop the war machine. You could stop paying taxes. One less bomb, one less dead innocent.
Perhaps an example less personal would help. What was the moral responsibility of German civilians for the holocaust?

Worth noting that the strongest impetus towards an abstract monolithic collective national responsibility for the crimes of Nazi Germany tends to come most strongly from those forces that, either out of general capitalist / imperialist ideology, their own class interests, or in some cases more narrowly for Zionist reasons, would really rather not get into the concrete details of who did what.
After all, if everyone's guilty, well, can't really do away with all the Germans. If, on the other hand, a certain class, a certain mode of production, a certain state's political and military leaders and their monopoly capitalist backers bear some specific responsibility...

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

GM Defence expanded to Canada specifically to sell that vehicle.

They’re also considering making it either electric or use hydrogen fuel cells so it’s green. Don’t either of those need protection so they don’t explode or burn vigorously?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

They have to fit in Chinooks, so what you see is what you get.

Which is going to be a bitch in the cold and rain too.

thats kinda cool. like if you were attacking anyone that didnt have any guns

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i want to make some jokes about ukraine doing a full mobilisation of 18-60 males but in light of the recent re-emergence of the scuttled istanbul peace talks it's too depressing.

russia probably unlikely to accept any new peace plan (or even a ceasefire) that kiev and the west can instantly renege on, so is unconditional surrender the only way this ends? this is basically going to be the west shoving the entire male population of ukraine out the door with a broken hatchet to fight a bear until they're all dead.

the only hope is some kind of grassroots uprising of ukrainans to overthrow their own government? what a miserable situation.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Unless NATO enters the conflict, like say, because a nuclear plant was destroyed.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Ukrainian children.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...f08657ec7320d0d

12h ago
16.46 BST

UN report says Russian armed forces have used 91 children as human shields

António Guterres, the UN’s secretary general, called out Russia on Thursday for killing 136 children in Ukraine in 2022, adding its armed forces to a global list of offenders, according to a report to the UN security council seen by Reuters.

The UN also verified that Russian armed forces and affiliated groups injured 518 children and carried out 480 attacks on schools and hospitals. Russian armed forces also used 91 children as human shields, according to the report.

Russia has denied targeting civilians since it invaded Ukraine last February. The Ukrainian armed forces are not on the global offenders list.

The report also verified that Ukrainian armed forces killed 80 children, injured 175 children and carried out 212 attacks on schools and hospitals, Reuters reports.

Guterres reportedly said in the report that he was “particularly shocked” by the high number of children killed and wounded and attacks on schools and hospitals by Russian armed forces.

He also said he was “particularly disturbed” by the high number of such offences against children by Ukrainian armed forces.

Guterres’ annual report to the 15-member security council on children and armed conflict covers the killing, maiming, sexual abuse, abduction or recruitment of children, denial of aid access and targeting of schools and hospitals.

The report was compiled by Virginia Gamba, Guterres’ special representative for children and armed conflict.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

They’re also considering making it either electric or use hydrogen fuel cells so it’s green. Don’t either of those need protection so they don’t explode or burn vigorously?

Look at it. Look at it. Do you think security was ever a concern in this design?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

supersnowman posted:

Look at it. Look at it. Do you think security was ever a concern in this design?

Because a laser designator, a radio and a DAGR turns every western rifleman into an F-15E, and a 2000lb JDAM can destroy any target at a standoff range, none of that maters. We’re invincible.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

crepeface posted:

i want to make some jokes about ukraine doing a full mobilisation of 18-60 males but in light of the recent re-emergence of the scuttled istanbul peace talks it's too depressing.

russia probably unlikely to accept any new peace plan (or even a ceasefire) that kiev and the west can instantly renege on, so is unconditional surrender the only way this ends? this is basically going to be the west shoving the entire male population of ukraine out the door with a broken hatchet to fight a bear until they're all dead.

the only hope is some kind of grassroots uprising of ukrainans to overthrow their own government? what a miserable situation.

by this point we're deep into clown territory. it feels like a lot of people are fine with this turning into nuclear war? it might come down to how deranged/mad/evil putin is

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

give em all lithium batteries so they can be used as a VBIED in a pinch whenever needed

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

invade unarmed third world countries with minimal green house gas emissions

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

thats kinda cool. like if you were attacking anyone that didnt have any guns

Or spears. Arrows. Anything pointy really.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

supersnowman posted:

It looks like the best ever future surplus vehicle to see the film set of a cheap b movie. No panels to block filming of your actors. Quiet engine. Sleekish.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I guess I got to say it. I don't think you are going to full conscription if you are winning, and in all honesty, it probably means Ukrainian losses have been well, massive. There is really no other explanation.

Ukraine before the war the AFU was 215,000 troops with another 250,000 of reservists and about 150,000 militia and paramilitary troops, it wasn't a small force. They have also been training volunteers (probably what 30,000 - 40,000 at this point) in Europe along with civilian conscripts. Where are all these troops? I could still see some territorial defense troops being held back, and I could see some just fleeing or refusing to fight but there is no way that many Ukrainian forces on the frontline at the moment or in rotation. I really do think that the Ukrainian losses were probably as bad as many feared and they have had to take huge losses at Bakhmut and with the counter-offensive to get to this point.

Almost Ukraine is potentially going to solve its manpower issues in the medium-term, but these are guys who didn't want to fight or couldn't fight from the beginning, and it is unclear what type of equipment these conscripts will be getting at this point.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 05:47 on Jun 23, 2023

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Frosted Flake posted:

Is this because they're planning on finding the Spear of Destiny or Philosophers Stone?

we gonna outchina china with our strong industries such as:
-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

stephenthinkpad posted:

I am curious since this subject come up. Does India domestic politics talk about "brain drain" as in losing the best programmer and maybe STEM students to the US?

Or they prefer the remittance USD and don't
want to have too many people at home?

yes it does. If anything the INC got it's poo poo together and has been doing things like making english compulsory in public schools and the like. It's just not covered in the english press etc because the core audience as always are the same people who aspire to move to the USA and think its just going to be like FRIENDS.