Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

slinkimalinki posted:

Marinara trench lol

Mamma mia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
The lure of the Titanic was strong.
A seductive and hot siren song.
Let's go down with the fishes
In a tub made of wishes.
What could possibly ever go wrong?

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

Presto posted:

To the billionaires, the Titanic she beckoned
"We rich and invincible!" they reckoned.
Except that their sub
Was built by a scrub
So they died in just one millisecond

:lmao::lol:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Steve Yun posted:

That mega thread earlier about all the safety features in the Deepsea Challnger was pretty impressive

https://twitter.com/alwaystheself/status/1671980973754294285?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

This is incorrect

Here's an updated picture of the Titans interior

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Titanic is a genuinely good movie that I think a lot of people got turned off of because the hype was ridiculous. I only saw it a decade after it came out and had to admit it was good. The modern day stuff is a little corny but the corny sincerity works for the 1912 scenes

And much like the Avatar movies, even if you don’t care for the story the man knows how to direct action sequences that get you swept up

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

sigher posted:

Would you say that their bodies were creamated? :dadjoke:

you remember that whole pink slime thing?

ya they are kind of that, but calling them "finely textured" might be an overstatement

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I low key there are ways titanic (film) will age really well. Something about all the motifs of long dead/forever young people as viewed backwards in time. And when all the actors are long dead it'll be even more emphasised. I don't know, maybe I'm a sucker for sentiment. drat you James Cameron!

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

slinkimalinki posted:

Marinara trench lol

There's at least one emptyquote worthy post on every page of this thread, it's insane.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Presto posted:

The lure of the Titanic was strong.
A seductive and hot siren song.
Let's go down with the fishes
In a tub made of wishes.
What could possibly ever go wrong?

The billionaires boarded the tube,
lured in by the chief rube
With a bang and a shriek,
the sub sprang a leak
and became the Titanic: Part 2

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
this whole thing has got me thinking. how can we incorporate 360 atmospheres of pressure into modern cooking? there would be no more wasted product. everything would be instantly cooked and turned into an easy to eat & digest paste. no more worrying about bones or leftovers.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Trying to get caught up. So after searching near and far, the rescue teams finally discovered wherever they are?

Yesterdays Latte
Nov 14, 2021

FrumpleOrz posted:

I just can't stop laughing at everything surrounding this. It's so cartoonishly stupid and I can't really understand how anyone would pay money to get into a homemade submarine except in some sort of euthanasia coaster situation.

Mickey's Everything Smasher

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

slinkimalinki posted:

Marinara trench lol

:vince:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

super sweet best pal posted:

Trying to get caught up. So after searching near and far, the rescue teams finally discovered wherever they are?

The wreckage of the sub or their bodies?

They found parts of the sub, their bodies are now part of the global water cycle.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

skooma512 posted:

That movie blew people's loving minds in 1997. My first GF in 2005 said she was still having dreams based on Titanic. A whole bunch of normies then knew what it felt like to be exposed to a topic and at once develop a desire to learn every last thing about it. IIRC it was still like top 5 highest grossing movie ever well into the 2010s.

And here we are 26 years later and people died trying to be like the first scenes with the modern minisub.

I didn't watch it till like 2018 lol. It was 20 years, I figured the backlash "it's popular so I don't like it" protest I started as an 8 year old had run its course. It's a fine movie, worth a watch.

I’ve never watched it but that’s because I know Jim Cameron movies are terrible

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It's really amazing how much of society came together on this one. Everyone I know seems to have been following it and all of them were basically like "lol the billionaires are either goo or trapped in the dark filling the vessel with poop and pee".

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

ded posted:

this whole thing has got me thinking. how can we incorporate 360 atmospheres of pressure into modern cooking? there would be no more wasted product. everything would be instantly cooked and turned into an easy to eat & digest paste. no more worrying about bones or leftovers.

You can already do this if you overclock a store bought pressure cooker.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

We should probably goldmine this pretty soon - don't want the thread to run out of steam and the quality to sink to new lows.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

i am a moron posted:

The Abyss slaps though

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

i am a moron posted:

Give me titanic but with like as much as the Jack and Rose plot cut out as possible. I wonder if anyone has done that.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CaptainSarcastic posted:

We should probably goldmine this pretty soon - don't want the thread to run out of steam and the quality to sink to new lows.

don't crush our dreams

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Honestly one of the most based things about this is that the CEO didn’t take out any working class people with him
first as tragedy, then as farce

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
https://twitter.com/stonking/status/1671945151961333784

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

R.L. Stine posted:

i'm coming clean i've never watched titanic, is it any good

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

slinkimalinki posted:

Marinara trench lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

wilderthanmild posted:

It's really amazing how much of society came together on this one. Everyone I know seems to have been following it and all of them were basically like "lol the billionaires are either goo or trapped in the dark filling the vessel with poop and pee".

also a teen and an insane French old guy

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

they discovered the shattered remains of the sub and inferred that the occupants are so extremely dead as to be impossible to locate

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ethanol posted:

plenty of reasons you don't use that controller and I'm going to ignore batteries and wireless

1.) unlabeled buttons. he wanted it to be simple I guess.
2.) stick drift on all those cheap pot designs. (been waiting years to say this)
3.) no deadman switch if the user were to be pressing button without thinking or holding it against themselves while distracted, or in case it wedges itself in a way which activates controls
4.) is more susceptible than something ruggedized to electrical shorts / physical issues which may send a button pressed signal when it is not pressed
5.) not waterproof in a sea vessel
6.) easily broken by falling in the right way
7.) no redundant safety controller which normally is held by a 2nd operator, a remote safety stop
8.) no emergency buttons, meaning offloading critical functions to pc to make it simply about driving the sub, or they simply weren't there at all. in the case of stuck thrusters etc. what if the drat thing is rotating around and you're tumbling

Maybe they failed the QTE

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/PanasonicDX4500/status/1671972288361537536
https://twitter.com/PanasonicDX4500/status/1671978405175107587

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
WHY is there no more rescue
so WHAT if the sub imploded
WHAT IF THEY ARE HOLDING THEIR BREATH IN A POCKET OF AIR DOWN IN THE TITANIC!?!??!

SAVE THESE BRAVE SOULS the economy will suffer if the money doesnt TRICKLE DOWN

we only have a few weeks to save them

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I mean, that would actually be kind of neat, dying in such a way that a celebrity expert in the manner in which I died went on national television to explicitly comment "lol" on my death.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

james cameron: yes, and I'll kill anyone else who tries to approach my sea-base, too.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Jesus, I almost bought that Logitech controller years ago. I dodged a bullet there :ohdear:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ah, christ.... :smith:

https://www.insider.com/aunt-young-victim-titanic-sub-he-wasnt-up-for-it-2023-6?amp

The Insider posted:

Azmeh Dawood, the sister of passenger and Pakistani millionaire Shahzada Dawood, said that she spoke to Suleman, her nephew before the vessel departed. Suleman was "terrified," she told NBC News, but went on the trip with his father to bond with him over Father's Day weekend.

Azmeh told NBC News that Suleman "wasn't very up for it," prior to the trip. But her brother Shahzada Dawood was obsessed with the Titanic since his childhood.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Too soon

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Sardonik posted:

A dude falls off as it's sinking and hits the propeller at terminal velocity

this is all i needed to hear, signing up for a free trial for every streaming platform immediately

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

R.L. Stine posted:

this is all i needed to hear, signing up for a free trial for every streaming platform immediately

It makes a weirdly satisfying THONK sound too.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, that would actually be kind of neat, dying in such a way that a celebrity expert in the manner in which I died went on national television to explicitly comment "lol" on my death.
His name is James, James Cameron
The bravest pioneer
He's mad, he's pissed, you're on his shitlist
Who's that?
It's him, James Cam-er-on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

cock hero flux posted:

they discovered the shattered remains of the sub and inferred that the occupants are so extremely dead as to be impossible to locate

Pook Good Mook posted:

The wreckage of the sub or their bodies?

They found parts of the sub, their bodies are now part of the global water cycle.

Go back and reread the post you’re both referring to.

Slowly.