Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Substandard posted:

Just do whispers until you get a level or 2 and some better gear. I couldn't do any wt4 nightmare dungeons until I got hit 65 and made sure I had decent aspects on gear

I feel like I am either completely missing something about the structure of nightmare dungeons because the issue is that my level is too high for the nightmare dungeons I have access to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I feel like I am either completely missing something about the structure of nightmare dungeons because the issue is that my level is too high for the nightmare dungeons I have access to

That was my experience too, once you can salvage sigils I just junked all my low level ones and crafted some level appropriate ones.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah I guess the frustrating thing is that apparently the most efficient levelling system is gated off behind a mechanic I dont have access to which feels like dodgy design. Is it simply just a matter of tearing through level 1 NM dungeons again and again until I get access to a level 3 dungeon to unlock crafting? Helltides are good but having to wait around for them sucks. Some other options or a smoother transition into the nightmare dungeon mechanic would be a huge QoL feature to add in future seasons

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Vic posted:

Hello, fellow Sand-Worn enjoyer :hfive:

The only thing I've found that I like as much is maximum tummy because abs are harder than armor

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Yeah, blast through one and see if a few higher sigils drop.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Yeah I guess the frustrating thing is that apparently the most efficient levelling system is gated off behind a mechanic I dont have access to which feels like dodgy design. Is it simply just a matter of tearing through level 1 NM dungeons again and again until I get access to a level 3 dungeon to unlock crafting?

It really shouldn't take that long. You'll get t2 sigils and a t3 will drop in a t2. Unless I just got extraordinarily lucky or something, it didn't take long at all to unlock sigil crafting.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Yeah I guess the frustrating thing is that apparently the most efficient levelling system is gated off behind a mechanic I dont have access to which feels like dodgy design. Is it simply just a matter of tearing through level 1 NM dungeons again and again until I get access to a level 3 dungeon to unlock crafting? Helltides are good but having to wait around for them sucks. Some other options or a smoother transition into the nightmare dungeon mechanic would be a huge QoL feature to add in future seasons

I think I got a t3+ off a WT4 drop somewhere and that's when I started it. WT3 was just finishing off the renown grind for me.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Black Griffon posted:

if we're fashionposting: I started using the "Sand-Worn Vestment" near the start of the game and I haven't found anything to replace it, it just looks neat. I also started using the terminus est sword skin (real ones know) and I don't think I'm gonna find anything to replace that either.

The season pass is probably gonna have a ton of poo poo that takes away from the "rugged, practical fighter" look. I'm like 90% certain it's not gonna be for me.

Is this rogue? Terminus est sword would convince me to use whatever class this is in season 1.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Bold Robot posted:

Is this rogue? Terminus est sword would convince me to use whatever class this is in season 1.

Barbarian.

And I don't care what anyone says, the female model is a hundred times cooler than the male one.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

orphean posted:

It really shouldn't take that long. You'll get t2 sigils and a t3 will drop in a t2. Unless I just got extraordinarily lucky or something, it didn't take long at all to unlock sigil crafting.

i dont know if you were very lucky because it seems like im an outlier but im at about 30 t1 dungeons now and ive seen 1 t2 sigil drop and that dungeon didnt give me a sigil at all and its not a great feeling

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like this game is designed to be dogshit for people who just want to play single player. Every time I play with other people legendaries seem to drop at about 10x the rate as when I’m playing alone and since the second half of act 3 bosses feel really overtuned (at the end of act 5 now)

I’ve been playing tier 2 since the beginning and I can melt mobs and every boss was the same way until late chapter 3 until suddenly they became massive damage sponges that barely drop any health. Half of them I just give up and have a friend come in and help and then the boss dies in 20 seconds. Neither option is particularly fun. Id swear to god I’m actually doing more damage to bosses in co op than I am in sp.

Kind of regretting playing rogue. I cannot find a build that can do a decent amount of damage to bosses. It’s all stuff that is great for multiple enemies but awful against one big health bar.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My friend and I beat the campaign today (and did the dungeon that unlocks Tier 3 after that). It was pretty fun.

I ended up feeling better about my charged bolt electric build thing after playing with it for a while, since I seemed to have a ton of survivability compared with my friend I was playing with (on his druid). This one passive that makes burning enemies heal me seemed to help a bunch.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Stux posted:

everyone who plays arpgs boots up d3 like one season a year just to see if its as bad as they remember and it always is lol

this is like so many pages back but I just wanna quote this

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

some dude from reddit made this

https://diablo4.life/tools/gambling

Gambling optimizer for aspect hunting

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Am I just unlucky not getting the shockwave aspect to drop? It's not like a T4 unique or something I hope.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

my lvl 35 sorc:

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Seeing non ARPG players mad about seasons is so funny. Seasonal D2 was probably one of the top 5 game design decisions of all time. Just feels so good to get back in there for a trickle of new opportunities

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Mr. Pickles posted:

some dude from reddit made this

https://diablo4.life/tools/gambling

Gambling optimizer for aspect hunting

That is super handy. Gonna add that to the bookmarks.

S.J. posted:

Barbarian.

And I don't care what anyone says, the female model is a hundred times cooler than the male one.

I'm pretty partial to my male barbarian.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Using the same aspect on different gear will stack bonuses right? Like if I have the +attack speed on a weapon and gauntlets, they'll add together, right?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

I, Butthole posted:

Using the same aspect on different gear will stack bonuses right? Like if I have the +attack speed on a weapon and gauntlets, they'll add together, right?

No, it takes the higher rolled aspect and the other has the text darkened.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

StarkRavingMad posted:

Started a druid just for the fun of it and I kind of love him

I went into the wardrobe and made it so he's permanently shirtless, just a big fat sweaty dude turning into a big gross bear

Blood Meridian video game where you play as Judge Holden.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I feel like they should make every body type available to every class. A big gluttunous necromancer would be cool as hell, is it a bunch of work to make class specific gear look nice on the other bodies? Is every necro a slim goth person? maybe they like to uh, consume once in a while? Or what about the slim/fit barbarian that's just really cut and likes to watch their muscle:mass ratio?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
The optimal way to do helltides is just to invite whoever is around and hope you can heard them toward an event. I have a map open for events and the rare chests during them and have been cashing out. Maybe I should figure out if there is a way to ping the group for a place on the map to go next.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You're all insane, D3 is a good and fun game for like 1 or 2 weekends a year

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

When should I slow down on pushing Nightmare Dungeons? Is it by the mob levels or when I'm having trouble killing mobs? I'm currently level 60, pushing level 15 and the mobs seem to hover at 69. I want to keep pushing for items (I haven't replaced an item for a while now), but not at the expense of efficiency. Should I be worried about experience or item drops?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

obi_ant posted:

When should I slow down on pushing Nightmare Dungeons? Is it by the mob levels or when I'm having trouble killing mobs? I'm currently level 60, pushing level 15 and the mobs seem to hover at 69. I want to keep pushing for items (I haven't replaced an item for a while now), but not at the expense of efficiency. Should I be worried about experience or item drops?

You are entering T4 territory

If you group up with another player in the 60s you should be able to tackle the capstone dungeon and pass to T4

Its OK that you dont get regular upgrades at this point becasue you are only getting sacred gear and you've stayed on T3 long enough to get decent ~600 power items from it. T4 will drop ancestral gear so that is where you wanna be. If you are playing SC its time for you to advance to T4 where you will get all the exp and items. If you are hardcore its valid to keep pushing T3 sigils until your character hits 70+ but if not you are kinda wasting your time

For reference, Nightmare sigils for T4 start from 21.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
This is something I'm not sure I like about the current itemization - I got this fresh off of WT4:

Right now, "Level Required" and "Item Power" seem to (mostly) be disconnected: if you are lvl100, your items will require lvl100 to use, if you are lvl60, they will require lvl60 to use. Item Power is not tied to this though; fighting higher level monsters will make the floor for the Item Power higher, but you can still luck out early on and be basically done with the "fun" part of itemization because of that. EDIT2: this also means that the best character to "magic find" on (to trade and for alts) is a level 60 character, parked at the obol vendor. That way you can roll Ancestral with the minimum equip level and still get very high Item Power.

Yes, I won't be able to push very high NDs right now because I lack the survivability I would get by being higher level and having Ancestral level armor/rolls on my defensive slot; and sure, the Vulnerability damage roll is low and I would have to reroll Stun dmg until i get Crit Damage instead, but I've already finished the "fun" part of the loot hunt (weapon + aspects).

I will eventually roll something that is Item Power 800+ and replace this, but the upgrade is going to be marginal and all because I lucked out. This is interesting, cause I have always been a proponent of the D2 style "high roller slot machine" approach to loot, but I think it clashes a bit with the more slow and steady pacing of progress that D4 has.

EDIT: at least HEMAN, Apprentice Sovereign is fun to look at. The beta barding is the correct pattern/color for Battlecat as well. I'm just glad there isn't a giant green tiger horse skin in the shop.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jun 23, 2023

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Avalerion posted:

Am I just unlucky not getting the shockwave aspect to drop? It's not like a T4 unique or something I hope.

It’s a rare drop. I had only one drop for like 60 hours and then have had three drop in the last couple days.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

That Italian Guy posted:

EDIT: at least HEMAN, Apprentice Sovereign is fun to look at. The beta barding is the correct pattern/color for Battlecat as well. I'm just glad there isn't a giant green tiger horse skin in the shop.

lol nice one

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
there's roids in the water

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i might have crippled my build by slamming a unique scythe that causes darkness skills to chill and extracting the previous weapon aspect and slamming it on something else but its hard to tell. gearing around 60 feels very fun and creative. im spending all my obols on a ring to try and get a decently rolled umbrel aspect so everything else is just this ongoing process of trying new things with whatever drops and seeing how it goes. my damage floor is lower than it was when i did the first capstone dungeon but my damage ceiling and my damage over time are absolutely insane and i feel like im almost ready to try the wt4 dungeon 10 levels early.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i might have crippled my build by slamming a unique scythe that causes darkness skills to chill and extracting the previous weapon aspect and slamming it on something else but its hard to tell. gearing around 60 feels very fun and creative. im spending all my obols on a ring to try and get a decently rolled umbrel aspect so everything else is just this ongoing process of trying new things with whatever drops and seeing how it goes. my damage floor is lower than it was when i did the first capstone dungeon but my damage ceiling and my damage over time are absolutely insane and i feel like im almost ready to try the wt4 dungeon 10 levels early.

Do it, I did mine at 58, it was the most fun poo poo ever

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

What is the deal with the fortify mechanic like wtf. Its just dumb...who makes something like that.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Hashy posted:

Just feels so good to get back in there for a trickle of new opportunities

Would probably help if it was expressed that it's not just a reset. New legendaries, rebalanced (hopefully not poo poo) specs, a seasonal gimmick or two, maybe some new bosses... and hopefully eventually something that isn't just renown+leveling. S1 is almost certainly going to be super rough but hopefully it puts seasons in a more hopeful context instead of just "ok now level AGAIN".

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Mr. Pickles posted:

What is the deal with the fortify mechanic like wtf. Its just dumb...who makes something like that.

I kinda like how it's done. What's your issue with it?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Vulpes posted:

I kinda like how it's done. What's your issue with it?

I would expect damage reduction to be constant and the Fortify mechanic to be like an additional pool of HP or something like that, to compensate for the lack of Battle Orders in this game

Now what happens is: I stack Fort DR modifiers up to not be one-shot by stuff, but if the Fortify is not up then what? I just get 1shotted?

I understand damage mitigation and hit points are effectively the same thing but still the design of the mexhanic just feels completely lame to me

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Gatts posted:

I'm in some mines on some storytelling bullshit and I can't survive against what that storyline character ressurects...do I just need to level up or am I some Barb underpowered bs? I'm level 16.

I had some intermittent issues with Barb too but I've learned since then that it seems to be one of the strongest classes in the game. What's the specific quest you're stuck on?

The slump I hit was much later on but it might be something I can help out with regardless.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Above was mentioned avoiding taking additive damage bonuses on the paragon tree - what's an example additive damage bonus? Are those '% damage to' since its the same bucket? What about straight '5% damage'?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I feel like this game is designed to be dogshit for people who just want to play single player. Every time I play with other people legendaries seem to drop at about 10x the rate as when I’m playing alone and since the second half of act 3 bosses feel really overtuned (at the end of act 5 now)

I’ve been playing tier 2 since the beginning and I can melt mobs and every boss was the same way until late chapter 3 until suddenly they became massive damage sponges that barely drop any health. Half of them I just give up and have a friend come in and help and then the boss dies in 20 seconds. Neither option is particularly fun. Id swear to god I’m actually doing more damage to bosses in co op than I am in sp.

Kind of regretting playing rogue. I cannot find a build that can do a decent amount of damage to bosses. It’s all stuff that is great for multiple enemies but awful against one big health bar.

I've played into WT4, Rogue is a super high damage class for the entire leveling process.

If you feel your rogue isn't doing good damage you need to synergize your skill choices better, use your specialization bonuses, and use vulnerable because I have deleted bosses in seconds flat since level 5.

Based on your description you might need to read your gear and maybe choose stuff that actually helps your damage.

And you don't seem to understand that legendaries drop more as you level up, it's not a party related thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Kaddish posted:

Above was mentioned avoiding taking additive damage bonuses on the paragon tree - what's an example additive damage bonus? Are those '% damage to' since its the same bucket? What about straight '5% damage'?

Turn on advanced tooltips in the options and look for + or x on the skill description