Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I loving hate this comic, my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I had to double check that this wasn't the last cartoon posted again. It's going to be a long *checks calendar* sixteen months?!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
This is our punishment for complaining about yet another arc where Carmen runs for office and nothing happens. Stantis has Carmen not running for office and we get twice as much nothing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Sometimes I wonder if the "running for office" thing was just included to remind us that Calvin & Hobbes isn't the only comic they blindly ape without even the vaguest understanding, they do it with Bloom County, too.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

I dont know posted:

This is our punishment for complaining about yet another arc where Carmen runs for office and nothing happens. Stantis has Carmen not running for office and we get twice as much nothing.
All I remember of that arc is that a bunch of poo poo got set up and then they just stopped mentioning it. There wasn't really a conclusion of any kind, huh?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Marty Two Bulls

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos - Political Prognostication

Dave Whamond

Bill Bramhall

Drew Sheneman

David Horsey

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Overall Worst

After The War posted:

Sometimes I wonder if the "running for office" thing was just included to remind us that Calvin & Hobbes isn't the only comic they blindly ape without even the vaguest understanding, they do it with Bloom County, too.

Nah. One of the few themes in PC is that Carmen is one of the few remaining Reasonable Republicans who longs for a return to dogwhistle decorum, so having her run for office is Stantis' version of DASGDC as she gets contrasted against MAGA chuds and Republicans who are just too afraid to stand up to them.
Of course, because Stantis refuses to ever actually elaborate on what his specific problems with the party platform are other than they just need to gosh darn return to having some sanity, we get the political cartoon version of the scene from Scary Movie 3 with "My dream...is to have a dream!"

the_steve fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 23, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You're allowed to do things. You don't just have to sit/stand there being a passive consumer of media/desert.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Rise of the Spite-o-cracy

Ted Rall posted:

Democrats who are currently prosecuting Donald Trump promised in their election campaigns to do so. Now Trump is promising to do the same thing to Biden if he gets elected. Here comes an endless cycle of spite-based lawfare.

First Dog on the Moon: Crocodiles! Everyone loves crocodiles. But can crocs and folks live in harmony?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Overall Worst

Nah. One of the few themes in PC is that Carmen is one of the few remaining Reasonable Republicans who longs for a return to dogwhistle decorum, so having her run for office is Stantis' version of DASGDC as she gets contrasted against MAGA chuds and Republicans who are just too afraid to stand up to them.
Of course, because Stantis refuses to ever actually elaborate on what his specific problems with the party platform are other than they just need to gosh darn return to having some sanity, we get the political cartoon version of the scene from Scary Movie 3 with "My dream...is to have a dream!"
What's DASGDC?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

Clearly, "the Democrats are going to prosecute Trump because of the many crimes he boasted about doing" is exactly as credible and dangerous as "Trump is going to prosecute people because he's an authoritarian mobster."

Charlz Guybon posted:

What's DASGDC?

Dumb And So God drat Crazy, based on a Shmorky cartoon (linked in the op, also here for your convenience) is basically strawmanning people who disagree with you as, well, dumb and so god drat crazy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Dumb And So Goddamned Crazy, a mockery by Shmorky where one side is calm and reasonable looking and the other a total raging strawman.

EFB

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

MechaCrash posted:

Clearly, "the Democrats are going to prosecute Trump because of the many crimes he boasted about doing" is exactly as credible and dangerous
Hey. Maybe don't accept his idiotic "Democrats are prosecuting Trump" framing to begin with?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

Marshall Ramsey

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

yes please, death to america.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Big opponent of child labor are you? Big supporter of Pan-Africanism and fair resource prices?
Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting/Concern Trolling

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Trapezium Dave posted:

Okay but like Trump did illegal stuff, openly and obviously he did not make it a secret. That picture of the stolen documents in his bathroom is now publicly available. This isn't a "spite" thing, this is a "crime" thing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
But his garage! :byodood:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
What a bizarrely detailed inclusion of some recycling bins

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

By popular demand posted:

Huh, Biden's slogan is a lot more metal than I remembered. I'm surprised that someone would be so out in the open, but that just makes him even less like Trump. Its good to see someone admit that America as it stands is so fundamentally broken in all its institutions that it needs to be destroyed before it can be rebuilt better. I was on the fence, but now I'll definitely vote for him!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I imagine 2009 Rall would feel differently about prosecution of the previous president

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

"All I ever see on facebook is 'Wah wah wah I'm the victim of a drunk driving accident' What a snowflake amirite *the duck does the stupid eyebrow thing*"

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Mallard Filmore was my first kinda... awakening to the idea that there are people who don't have a baseline compassionate view of the world (I was 10, don't judge me). The strip was a regular on the Boston Globe comics page, which my folks had delivered back then. Even then it was a surreal mess with basically the same jokes as now (I think the Leftist Lexicon jokes were like a Democrat Dictionary or something, but the same fundimental joke).

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
The thing that annoys me about "X party/politician wants to destroy America" is that even if you assume the worst about the target of your ire (they are only in it for money and power, so basically Ted Cruz), guess what happens if you destroy the country that gives you that money and power? A politician who wakes up in the morning and goes "welp time to destroy my country" might as well be saying "welp time to completely gently caress myself". That doesn't happen.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Islamic Shock posted:

The thing that annoys me about "X party/politician wants to destroy America" is that even if you assume the worst about the target of your ire (they are only in it for money and power, so basically Ted Cruz), guess what happens if you destroy the country that gives you that money and power? A politician who wakes up in the morning and goes "welp time to destroy my country" might as well be saying "welp time to completely gently caress myself". That doesn't happen.

They're promised something even grander by their supreme overlords

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

They are SO mad the Hunter Biden trial didnt show any link to Joe and therefore bring him down with him

THIS WHOLE THING WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A HOUSE OF CARDS:qq:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Hihohe posted:

They are SO mad the Hunter Biden trial didnt show any link to Joe and therefore bring him down with him

That only means that the coverup goes all the way to the top - just as they suspected all along

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the UK’s mortgage crisis – The Bank of England has raised interest rates to 5% in an effort to tackle inflation"

Telegraph:

Mortgage crisis to wipe out savings of 1.2m households as repayments set to surge

gently caress Off Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

UK inflation stuck at 8.7% in another cost-of-living shock

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Vib Rib posted:

All I remember of that arc is that a bunch of poo poo got set up and then they just stopped mentioning it. There wasn't really a conclusion of any kind, huh?

From what I remember Carmen ran in the primary and won. Then she ran in the general election and Stantis just ran the entire arc over again making the exact same "jokes" almost word for word. Then she lost and that was that.

In 2016 she ran for president as a libertarian and I think it just petered out without a resolution. Running for president is even more pointless then her running for local office. With a local office there is at least the possibility of Stantis having her win and then being a representative a while, with the presidency there are no stakes in the narrative changing because she cannot possibly win.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

By popular demand posted:

Once every 4-8 years, a Democratic president is elected, and he will then destroy America, leaving it to the next Republican president to make America great again. So it goes.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Hihohe posted:

It can't be too late to re-investigate Benghazi.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I dont know posted:

From what I remember Carmen ran in the primary and won. Then she ran in the general election and Stantis just ran the entire arc over again making the exact same "jokes" almost word for word. Then she lost and that was that.

In 2016 she ran for president as a libertarian and I think it just petered out without a resolution. Running for president is even more pointless then her running for local office. With a local office there is at least the possibility of Stantis having her win and then being a representative a while, with the presidency there are no stakes in the narrative changing because she cannot possibly win.

Yeah, it's hard to keep track of because they keep reposting the same loving plot.
I think the biggest thing I remember from the last "Carmen runs for office" was that I swear it got posted out of order because one week it was them going door to door to try to campaign at people, then the next was them standing in the wreckage of their campaign HQ after Kevin or Hunny Bunny had it bombed, and then the very next was them standing inside the HQ talking about going door to door.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Niccolo Pizarro

Sub Zero - Kendra Wells

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'd been paying for the Nib for awhile, and I was really upset to hear that it hadn't worked out as an enterprise. But there have been moments, like reading that Wells comic...

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies nomination: Most Opposite of Reality
E: I wasn’t aware that the censure resolution actually passed. Still lol at the idea that this affects Schiff in any way.

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 23, 2023

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The Islamic Shock posted:

A politician who wakes up in the morning and goes "welp time to destroy my country" might as well be saying "welp time to completely gently caress myself". That doesn't happen.

Boris Yeltsin

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Byzantine posted:

Boris Yeltsin

This is giving Yeltsin too much credit tbh.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Byzantine posted:

Boris Yeltsin
Johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

I dont know posted:

If the author were less of a lazy coward, she could win, and he could either use her as a parody of the actual policies of the president throughout their term, or as an alternate-universe contrast who maintained good policies to point out the terrible actions of the real president. That would require something to happen in the strip other than them running through the desert, though, so of course it cannot be.