Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
My all-too-common mistake is seeing an opponents Cosmo come down and then completely forgetting it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ive developed quite a useful habit of putting eg HE hulk in my lockjaw lane on turn 6 thinking "this will give me the points i need to make sure i win". if anyone else needs to bleed cubes and ranks aggressively feel free to use that strategy, it's very effective

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nikumatic posted:

definitely not the stupidest idea ever no sirree

Hey I just piloted this from 93 to Infinite so cheers!

I swapped Colson for Stegron though and he put in work!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

victorious posted:

My all-too-common mistake is seeing an opponents Cosmo come down and then completely forgetting it exists.

My recent brain fart, done it a couple times now, is seeing that location that says no cards can be added there turns 3-5 and being like I'll just move stuff into it! But it doesn't say play, it says add. It blocks everything.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
4 Mjolnirs in deck, 4 rocks in deck, 3 Jubilee pulls. Try to guess what she pulled every god damned time.

Two of the locations were Luke's Bar and Death's Domain. Just a travesty of a match. Meanwhile the other guy has Jeff to play on Bar Sinister.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Just got infinite for the first time, woo
I had avoided playing lockjaw HE all season but that's what got me through the 90s

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Is there a legitimate use for doc ock that isn't prep for Galactus?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Snazzy Frocks posted:

big gamble but shuri doc ock can be fun

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

10 power on a lane already full or where On Reveal doesn't work. Filling up their side of a lane you don't care about and messing with their plans for the last turn. Pulling down cards you hope to Shang Chi / Killmonger / Polaris / Magneto next turn.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
At this point it's almost comical how much this game refuses to let me hit even 90, let alone infinite.

Screenshotted this because I thought "wouldn't it be funny if I was literally one cube from 90, but then backslid a bunch?!"

Yeah...hilarious.

Playing the same deck that got me from like 77 to 89, but now I'm back to 86, almost 85.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

DrBouvenstein posted:

At this point it's almost comical how much this game refuses to let me hit even 90, let alone infinite.

Screenshotted this because I thought "wouldn't it be funny if I was literally one cube from 90, but then backslid a bunch?!"

Yeah...hilarious.

Playing the same deck that got me from like 77 to 89, but now I'm back to 86, almost 85.

Right loving with you. Its like there's a force field around 90 that I can't get past for like a week and a half now. I've clawed my way up to 89 so many times only to slide back down.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

New Leaf posted:

Right loving with you. Its like there's a force field around 90 that I can't get past for like a week and a half now. I've clawed my way up to 89 so many times only to slide back down.

I don't even care about infinite, at least not that much. I just want to get that sweet, sweet, 500 gold reward for 90! So close on like three or four seasons, but never gotten it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

I don't even care about infinite, at least not that much. I just want to get that sweet, sweet, 500 gold reward for 90! So close on like three or four seasons, but never gotten it.

I'm the same way, I don't like the gold cardbacks. I'd much rather hit 90 and be done. Haven't even touched Conquest because I don't want to start it until I hit 90.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I know everyone has their pet conspiracy theories but the “MMR tries really hard to break your spine every time you get close to a 10 level threshold” is the one that I believe in wholeheartedly.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I know you've heard it a million times but don't play on tilt. If you lose 2 or 3 take a break

Hell even play proving grounds for a bit if you don't want to put it down

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I don't understand how anyone gets a Hela deck to work.. like I understand the mechanics but how the gently caress do you manage the combo? I rarely if ever get Invisible Woman in place in time, or something else will make me discard Hela.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I know you've heard it a million times but don't play on tilt. If you lose 2 or 3 take a break

Hell even play proving grounds for a bit if you don't want to put it down

Where are the proving grounds? I've never bothered to look for them.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

you play it until everything aligns and you get the wombo combo by pure luck, hela is essentially a more risky less controllable mr negative deck

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Artelier posted:

you play it until everything aligns and you get the wombo combo by pure luck, hela is essentially a more risky less controllable mr negative deck

Yeah it's not so much a wombo combo as it is managing risk, turn by turn. Same idea as Lockjaw but way less consistent. I don't think it'll ever be a T1 deck but it definitely catches people off guard.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

New Leaf posted:

Where are the proving grounds? I've never bothered to look for them.

Game modes (the joystick on the bottom of the screen), Conquest, it’s the first “level”

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

New Leaf posted:

I don't understand how anyone gets a Hela deck to work.. like I understand the mechanics but how the gently caress do you manage the combo? I rarely if ever get Invisible Woman in place in time, or something else will make me discard Hela.

Somebody posted a good Hela deck further up, but basically you need a back-up win scenario if she gets discarded.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ghost Rider is essential for a Hela deck

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Red posted:

Somebody posted a good Hela deck further up, but basically you need a back-up win scenario if she gets discarded.

That's the one I was looking at. Gave it a few games and don't think I ever saw Hela in my hand..

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
No Hela means you shift gears to Operation Jubilee/Ghost Rider/Odin and either fart out a big lane or retreat

It's no HE deck. Really needs another Ghost Rider type effect to push it into stupid good territory.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If you’re getting to 89 and hitting a wall, it’s time to stop snapping altogether. You need to be disgustingly shrewd at that point. If they snap, be positive you have a direct path to victory AT THAT POINT. otherwise you retreat on 1 cube, every time. It feels like a lot of y’all are chasing your losses. I used to hit the same force field around 80/90 but that’s the time when you stop getting fancy about it and you need to just grind out a few cubes.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I kind of wish wong turned the zone into kamar taj instead of being the world's most disruptable card

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It's always fun to mess with people's pots & pans. Even if you pull em down on your own head.

e: also my Agatha big boy deck runs him

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I started thinking of cubes lost in terms of how much time it would take me to get them back one cube at a time because drat near everyone retreats in the 90s, that really helped me stop gambling with things like a 4 cube loss on the last turn vs retreating and losing one cube

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

After getting frustrated about Luke cage never showing up in my free seasonal, i said gently caress it and got Destroyer instead to give my galactus deck an alternate wincon, and it's doing great. I'll shuri nimrod and they'll send a goblin over or have like 10 points in my only empty lane and snap. Now I'm starting to think how often can i get a zabu-wong-shuri-nimrod-destroyer line.

And then i got lockjaw from my next cache and i still really want luke cage with lockjaw and hazmat but now i can run better negative decks too. I don't have thanos but I'm sure there's a bunch of decks it slots real well in.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
JaneJaw is really fun and well positioned in the meta, especially if you have High Evolutuonary. For now I'm going to assume you don't.

Required:
Lockjaw
Thor
Jane Foster
Wasp

Recommended:
Dracula
M'Baku for spice

Fill the rest of the deck with big idiots and have fun.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Bar with no name 😎

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/status/1672304156068155393

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I went on a card upgrade spree the other day and now I really wish I had waited

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I really don’t understand. What’re they doing here?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

quote:

Spotlight Cache is a brand new way to acquire newly released cards, Series 4 cards, and Series 5 cards. Spotlight Cache system will appear after you’ve passed Collection Level (CL) 500. A Spotlight Cache will replace Collector’s Caches and Collector’s Reserves every 120CL. This means that one in every 10 Collector’s Reserves are becoming Spotlight Caches.

So every 120cl you get a series 4 or 5

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

quote:

Spotlight Cache will replace Collector’s Caches and Collector’s Reserves every 120CL. This means that one in every 10 Collector’s Reserves are becoming Spotlight Caches.

Why are Spotlight Caches so exciting? The answer is the CARDS! Each week, three different Series 4 and 5 cards will be featured – including the new card released that week! When you open a Spotlight Cache, you’re guaranteed to open one of those three cards, or a random S4/S5 card. If you already own one of the featured cards, the Spotlight Cache will instead feature a time-exclusive variant for the featured card.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Not bad. On average, 6000 credits (and however many boosters you'd need) for a S4/5 card or variant if you've already got them.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Every 9 Collector’s Reserve now contain:

2 x Series 3 or below cards

1 x 100 Tokens

3 x Credits Box that can contain 150 or 200 Credits

3 x Cosmetic

Then 1 spotlight box that has s4/s5/variants

No more gold, much less tokens, 50% less credits which means slower growth and if I'm interpreting this right, fewer cards. But finally better than a near 0% chance of pulling s5 cards?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Every 9 Collector’s Reserve now contain:

2 x Series 3 or below cards

1 x 100 Tokens

3 x Credits Box that can contain 150 or 200 Credits

3 x Cosmetic

Then 1 spotlight box that has s4/s5/variants

No more gold, much less tokens, 50% less credits which means slower growth and if I'm interpreting this right, fewer cards. But finally better than a near 0% chance of pulling s5 cards?

mostly right - look at the wee little bit here at the bottom of the promotional images

no premium currency and basically gently caress-all for tokens, but your credit income supposedly remains unchanged (which makes sense, most comes from dailies)

of course you probably need fewer tokens, and the fundamental economy of the game desperately needs an overhaul, but given their track record, lack of discussion of that aspect of things, and a few other factors (they control which S4/S5 cards are featured in the pool for a given week + drops no longer being regular/apparently dictated by power level and income potential) I'm not remotely convinced this is pure upside for anyone

LGD fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So they're cutting your token income to 10% but giving you 1.5x more random 4/5 cards a month? Seems real bad