Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

absolutely misread that as quinoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

absolutely misread that as quinoa

I like quinoa but I’m glad it’s not being shoved into everything anymore

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Quina should have been the main character

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
here's a good little minidoc about amano and the pixel artist who translated his work to those squat little sprites on the snes. you'll have to turn on closed-captions since it's in japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZT9uca2b2E

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
why is ff12 so divisive?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it's just the most divisible. well, ff16 is now.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Cranappleberry posted:

why is ff12 so divisive?

Because it's not just the adventures of the Leading Man and his girl, Fransday.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Cranappleberry posted:

why is ff12 so divisive?

cause its the most mediocre(still a good game though) but does something different which means it has diehard fans that are extremely loud and will come to throw my family in a wood chipper for writing this post

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cranappleberry posted:

why is ff12 so divisive?

It's a very boring game, but some people enjoy being bored

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

FF12 is excellent, but it drags in some spots. The game part rules though.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Pog, you have insulted Persona 5 and FF12 back to back. I'm gonna Fargo your family tree (in Minecraft)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Cranappleberry posted:

why is ff12 so divisive?

some people don't like the gambit system. some don't like the MMO-esque combat. some don't like that you don't really affect the plot for most of the game, it's just happening elsewhere while you piss around in fields

all of those people are clowns!!!!!! ff12 is good

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i like both of those games. theyre just in franchises that have way better games -- not their fault

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

goon saga: im going to take the dead body of the goddess to the seed of destruction to resurrect her. wish me luck everyone! ^_^

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Is 16 just like a DMC game? If so I’ll just watch a let’s play.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
FF12 has some really cool characters but the lead vaan isn't one of them, otherwise it's a really good game and the zodiac age version with distinct classes fixes the only other issue with og which is that everyone had identical license boards

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
something something magical nukes made a lot of people mald

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I mostly hated vaan's stupid metal vest but it's the only ff I really liked

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
also lol that someone accused spr of misgendering them for saying "absolutely malding"

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

pentyne posted:

also lol that someone accused spr of misgendering them for saying "stay malding"

(clipse voice) maldiiing

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

goon saga: im going to take the dead body of the goddess to the seed of destruction to resurrect her. wish me luck everyone! ^_^

lmao

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

pog boyfriend posted:

i like both of those games. theyre just in franchises that have way better games -- not their fault

it's this. most FF games are real drat good. thus when there is one that isn't real drat good it gets real drat divisive.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
every final fantasy it at least one person's favourite and one person's most hated

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
somewhere is the person whose favorite is FF2. they were bound in a dread iron casket and sleep yet beneath darkest Peru

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I don't like JRPGs

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I don't like JRPGs

fair enough but please reconsider

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Sally posted:

every final fantasy it at least one person's favourite and one person's most hated

that’s wrong, my favorite FFV is not hateable. Nor is Tactics.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I don't like JRPGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKUGwlFJAHw

loving just watched a part I hadn't seen or paid attention to, dude complaining how japanese games treat the player like and idiot and have info popups everywhere explaining everything

and last year Elden Ring comes out and ~western~ devs get insanely angry that people liked a game without a million UI features and tech pop ups. Horizon games not literally having the main character narrating an active boss battle telling you what to do.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 23, 2023

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
My confession is that the only final fantasy games I have played were 6 and crystal chronicles. I only ever had Nintendo consoles as a kid and I've never bothered to go back and try any of the other FF games now that I don't have to beg mom to buy me everything.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Ive never played a final fantasy game

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I grew up on THUG, Halo, and Mortal Kombat

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's okay the only Final Fantasy I've played is the weird chocobo mini game collection on the DS. Oh and like half of 14 if it counts.

(I really like 14 it's just insanely time consuming and intimidates me every time I think of going back)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pentyne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKUGwlFJAHw

loving just watched a part I hadn't seen or paid attention to, dude complaining how japanese games treat the player like and idiot and have info popups everywhere explaining everything

and last year Elden Ring comes out and ~western~ devs get insanely angry that people liked a game without a million UI features and tech pop ups. Horizon games not literally having the main character narrating an active boss battle telling you what to do.

once i had finished with god of war ragnarok it was basically my blueprint for everything games shouldn't do. if someone recommends something a game should do and it makes me think of god of war ragnarok then i reject it outright. a frictionless sphere with the writing of a hallmark original movie, obnoxiously wry meta awareness to taste

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

once i had finished with god of war ragnarok it was basically my blueprint for everything games shouldn't do. if someone recommends something a game should do and it makes me think of god of war ragnarok then i reject it outright. a frictionless sphere with the writing of a hallmark original movie, obnoxiously wry meta awareness to taste

this

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Oxxidation posted:

Yeah sure dude, and Schindler's List (oscar winner) is boring and bad too

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

chocobo mystery dungeon was good

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

chocobo mystery dungeon was good
mystery dungeon games in general are pretty rad. the shiren the wanderer ones are my favorite, though, the level up fanfare tickles my brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvDVoN4yePI

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The writing in GoW Ragnarok is good actually

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

Is 16 just like a DMC game? If so I’ll just watch a let’s play.

That would mean it’s super fun? Confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You don't need to wait for a let's play, streamers have been streaming it right now