Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Spoiler is funny because they have some of the most unsubtle foreshadowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Spoiler is funny because they have some of the most unsubtle foreshadowing

It is extremely funny in retrospect and might hint at someone else's powers.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Silver Wolf told me to believe in myself and that I'll win something good, so I won the 50/50 and got E1 for Silver Wolf :toot:

Time to tuck all the remaining jade away...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Revitalized posted:

Silver Wolf told me to believe in myself and that I'll win something good, so I won the 50/50 and got E1 for Silver Wolf :toot:

:toot: e1 on her is soooo good. I want her e2 too but I'll wait for a rerun (I might actually have substats good enough to really take advantage of that by then)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Zurai posted:

Blade has been seen very briefly in the story (he's the edgelord ally of Kafka that got "captured" and prompted Dan Heng to come aboard the fleet and meet Luocha and Sushang). Spoiler is spoiler. The others haven't been in the story yet, to the best of my knowledge.

Jingliu was in Jing Yuan's animated backstory video on youtube but she has not made an in-game appearance yet.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zurai posted:

Blade has been seen very briefly in the story (he's the edgelord ally of Kafka that got "captured" and prompted Dan Heng to come aboard the fleet and meet Luocha and Sushang). Spoiler is spoiler. The others haven't been in the story yet, to the best of my knowledge.

Should've been clear I was talking about the new leaks.

All the characters from the old leaks were characters I knew. Just had no clue who a Jingliu or a Topaz were

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Topaz is the gal on the Trend of the Universal Market LC

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ah, of course

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Jabor posted:

I would not be making a relic piece just for the sake of having it warming an inventory slot. Use your resin when you have a particular character that wants a specific thing and doesn't yet have it.

This is a good and reasonable take, thanks!

blizzardvizard posted:

Speaking of future characters, the Seele + SW havers probably wants to know that there's a Quantum Harmony character in the works that can buff + Action Forward like Bronya and restore SP on Ult.

I must have missed this one in the leaks, but I just looked her up and holy hell.

I haven't really been interested in anyone else I'd seen in the leaks so far, except maybe the imaginary preservation RNG shielder guy (I'm a sucker for weird janky mechanics, what can I say). At least I'll have a lot of time to save up.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Speaking of future characters, the Seele + SW havers probably wants to know that there's a Quantum Harmony character in the works that can buff + Action Forward like Bronya and restore SP on Ult.

Imagine seeing that someone can restore SP on ult and not immediately thinking of Qingque.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I for one cannot imagine it.

Makes her go again before her teammates go (so that she draws as few tiles as possible (so that she has the chance to E as much as possible)), plus feeds her all the skillpoints. She is literally the perfect Qingque support.

My double planar event haul for today:

(I then hit CR% twice and BE once on the ER rope.)

A good day for relic farming.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well just got this. Not a bad chest for SW.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

didn't get much upgrades from today's double rewards, but at least got some extra relic exp fodder from it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

finally a good subset rolls for my offensive Silver Wolf

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

very good first double day

Lightning and ATK SSS spheres
DEF% Luofu rope for my fireMC (3.6k DEF now)
ER SSS rope (currently using on my Tingyun)

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Luocha's trailer music is great, and I love a good "find a way to resurrect someone" endless/doomed quest.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Luocha's trailer music is great, and I love a good "find a way to resurrect someone" endless/doomed quest.

Oh you sweet summer child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oopMlNX5O24

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I didn't get any great orbs or ropes but I did have this happen on a piece I was speculatively upgrading for Silver Wolf (Break Effect/Speed/Atk%/Effhit)

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Ha...ha ha ha.

Luocha is based on a villain (both in appearance and mannerisms) in the previous Honkai games who did evil, completely hosed up things because he wanted to find a way to resurrect someone and he's honestly one of the most hateable, pathetic villains in a game I've seen because of it. I don't think Luocha is going to turn out to be evil, I think his deal is mostly a red herring but that mentality isn't healthy for anyone in Honkai games especially.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

my honest to god hope is that the coffin is a total red herring and he's just a weirdo that keeps his spare clothes in there

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If Luocha doesn't end up being pretty hosed up I'll be actively annoyed at how boring expies in this game are.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Make him s wife guy.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Eimi posted:

Oh you sweet summer child.
(video)

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Luocha is based on a villain (both in appearance and mannerisms) in the previous Honkai games who did evil, completely hosed up things because he wanted to find a way to resurrect someone and he's honestly one of the most hateable, pathetic villains in a game I've seen because of it. I don't think Luocha is going to turn out to be evil, I think his deal is mostly a red herring but that mentality isn't healthy for anyone in Honkai games especially.

Not gonna lie, the quester being willing to destroy themselves and all of existence and do literally anything no matter how horriffic for any chance at bringing back the person they care about just makes the trope that much better. Bonus points if they actually succeed no matter how bad the outcome is.

I've only played genshin+starrail, so I don't know anything more about the previous games' lore or characters in detail though.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Ha...ha ha ha.

Look Otto did basically every single thing wrong, but I still ended up liking him at the end. I don't know I respected that his ultimate plan was to sacrifice himself and only himself, and he did this knowing Kallen would never love him for it. I respected his determination to stick to his goal no matter what.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

So what is the deal with Honkai 3rd? Is it a full and/or ongoing storyline you can still play through from the beginning now? I hear the gacha is worse than HSR and GI, is that true? I remember checking youtube for a Let's Play and saw at least one person had 100+ hours of video on it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Seems like a nice guy with entirely selfless motivations who would definitely never commit atrocities, don't mind me, gonna take a *BIG* sip of water as I look up this "Otto Apocalypse" guy's character summery...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

If Luocha doesn't end up being pretty hosed up I'll be actively annoyed at how boring expies in this game are.

Yeah, but Otto being a good guy in one universe is also REALLY funny, but only if every time he shows up he's the most suspicious person in the room. Sushang is just Sushang if Hua didn't take her in, which is pretty boring. Himeko is at least a main character. Natasha kind of gets the life she wishes she had without being a murderer. Silver Wolf should've just loving been Bronie, her backstory is literally the same just cross out Arc City for Punklorde and leave Raven unnamed. Bronya and Seele are just terminally uninteresting compared to their real versions but I don't think you could expect them to measure up given their real versions are actual main characters.

sushibandit posted:

Not gonna lie, the quester being willing to destroy themselves and all of existence and do literally anything no matter how horriffic for any chance at bringing back the person they care about just makes the trope that much better. Bonus points if they actually succeed no matter how bad the outcome is.

I've only played genshin+starrail, so I don't know anything more about the previous games' lore or characters in detail though.

Otto is one of my favorite characters in a game full of characters I love. He's a very interesting and compelling villain who I ended up liking despite all the horrible poo poo he does. He's also not just one note horrible, like everyone in the Honkai-verse he's got plenty of grey.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

bagrada posted:

So what is the deal with Honkai 3rd? Is it a full and/or ongoing storyline you can still play through from the beginning now? I hear the gacha is worse than HSR and GI, is that true? I remember checking youtube for a Let's Play and saw at least one person had 100+ hours of video on it.

You have to play the story with trial characters after the first few chapters, so it's super easy to just play through the story and ignore everything about the gacha, and if you want to play I'd strongly advise doing that. There are plenty of side activities, some of which aren't too bad, but staying on top of everything is extremely time consuming. The main story finished earlier this year, and I think the story they're currently doing is sort of an extended 1.5 bridge into the next main story they're planning on telling.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

bagrada posted:

It's main story arc has ended, and we're in an interlude arc. The gacha is abysmally worse than HSR and GI, however you literally never need to engage it if you just want to see the story, as the story is played exclusively with trial characters past like the first 6 chapters. If you treat the game like a visual novel with updates every 6 weeks, it's great. It's story is lightyears better than GI's and SR's but SR just started so I mean unfair comparison. However it also has a lot more cross media stuff. The beginning is very abrupt and confusing, there is manga that actually provides the needed backstory and I think it's all a pretty solid read, but you have to do the homework to get the most out of it. It's older and janker and much more of a niche otaku product. If you are willing to tolerate that and you can resist ever touching the gacha, it's an incredible ride. But I won't deny it's a lot of effort to dig into something you may not like. If you do care to play, someone has kindly gathered all that side material in one easy to access place https://hoyostans.be/explore/honkai-impact-3rd/consumers-guide-hi3/hi3-phase-1/

It's also so much gayer than the other two game, it's so ridiculously gay I love it for that.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Anything that isn't the combat and the character drama parts of the story is absolute garbage.

Just skim through the wiki posts and animated videos the Honkai fans grasping at straws will post here or in the Genshin thread and you'll have experienced most of the good stuff about it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Thanks, I appreciate the replies and the link.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

sushibandit posted:

I mean, I agree but that was Otto's deal in both Gun Girls Z and Honkai Impact 3rd. Given how Bronya and Seele were subversive in Star Rail, I'm expecting Otto/Luocha to be as well.

Eimi posted:

Look Otto did basically every single thing wrong, but I still ended up liking him at the end. I don't know I respected that his ultimate plan was to sacrifice himself and only himself, and he did this knowing Kallen would never love him for it. I respected his determination to stick to his goal no matter what.

To be honest, they retconned a lot to make him not completely irredeemable which I'm mixed on. Remember that in early HI3, Otto was making video games where he gets to save and date Kallen and fight off Yae who is depicted as evil, which is all kinds of creepy and wrong considering Kallen and Yae were lovers.

bagrada posted:

It's gacha is worse yes, but the main story arc is finished and they're onto setting up the next story arc. It helps that if you're just in it for the story, then from Chapter 7 onwards you get given Trial characters to get you through the content so you don't need to level or gear anyone up for the story. Although, something to be warned is that unlike Star Rail, a lot of important details are depicted in videos or manga outside of the game. I'd recommend following this if you want to play HI3.

https://hoyostans.be/explore/honkai-impact-3rd/consumers-guide-hi3/

Edit: Ah, got beaten on this. If nothing else, I definitely recommend the 2nd Eruption manga. I'd say it works well even standalone, but it's the largest manga by far. Also yes, it's very gay.

This is why people give a lot of attention to Seele and Bronya's relationship in Star Rail. There's uh, precedent for it being more than friends.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 23, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

To be honest, they retconned a lot to make him not completely irredeemable which I'm mixed on. Remember that in early HI3, Otto was making video games where he gets to save and date Kallen and fight off Yae who is depicted as evil, which is all kinds of creepy and wrong considering Kallen and Yae were lovers.

I am willing to write it off as early game jank because doing so makes the story better, but I can understand not being able to forgive it as well.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

This is why people give a lot of attention to Seele and Bronya's relationship in Star Rail. There's uh, precedent for it being more than friends.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I mean there's a lot of details in side things, but I wouldn't call them particularly important. I played through the whole game without reading any of them and loved it.

(I later read Third Divine Key, Alien Space, and part of Second Eruption. They're also good!)

Also is it just me or just the dub or does Luocha not have a lot of Otto's mannerisms? He lacks the sense of arrogance and mild flamboyance that makes Otto so fun and likable moment to moment. Or maybe I'm remembering Otto wrong and throwing a bunch of extra Void Archives on him.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Since I wasn't thinking and did a bunch of simulated universe earlier, is there any reason for me to not just do the first two elites and quit? I'm assuming drop rates are the same across all the things.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Garrand posted:

Since I wasn't thinking and did a bunch of simulated universe earlier, is there any reason for me to not just do the first two elites and quit? I'm assuming drop rates are the same across all the things.

you could also save it for later and knock out tomorrow's double rates in one boss

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

UHD posted:

you could also save it for later and knock out tomorrow's double rates in one boss

that's a good point. I forgot you can like, save your position or whatever.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hell you can do the entire thing and just "leave for now" without finalizing after knocking out the final boss. Tommorrow you resume, blow both immersifiers and you're done

pretty sure this is what was meant, just making it explicit

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 23, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
https://www.reddit.com/r/HonkaiStarRail/comments/14gz4ci/average_stats_and_most_used_builds_of_all/

Thought these numbers were kinda interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

m.hache posted:

Well just got this. Not a bad chest for SW.

I still don't know what Effect Hit Rate means btw