Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

I'm sure I remember in that Generation X book one of the charcters goes to work in Japan and the boss is very proud of his paparazzi picture of Marilyn Monroe getting out of a car with no knickers on. I don't know what my point is but it just popped in to my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Eh, the way he does it, especially when he talks about her in the third person ("look at how she's eating it") gives off human zoo vibes.

And one of the replies to that tweet is another of his videos titled "how my Asian wife makes avocado". It's a lil sus.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Benny Harvey posted:

Eh, the way he does it, especially when he talks about her in the third person ("look at how she's eating it") gives off human zoo vibes.

And one of the replies to that tweet is another of his videos titled "how my Asian wife makes avocado". It's a lil sus.

Video should've been tagged with a warning for jump scares

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Benny Harvey posted:

There's a whole genre of tiktok culture clash stuff. Like a lady trolling her Italian husband by making pasta wrong, or a guy trying to get his Boston girlfriend to say words like 'khakis' and ' car keys' in the same sentence. So he's more likely to be just be chasing views by copying that rather than fetishizing his wife.

idk, I'm not gonna go through and watch a bunch of tiktoks to see if he starts talking about his servile bride from the far east and her tiny feet or some poo poo.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!
Tim Pool is such a whiny baby lol.
https://twitter.com/MattLech/status/1672267439608848385?t=KZjBp6ZfjF8gTUHbYjeK1A&s=19

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Arivia posted:

No, it’s Britney Spears. It’s an infamous paparazzi photograph of her with her legs slightly spread to get out of a car, at just the right angle to show she wasn’t wearing underwear.

The Third Eye Blind guy was talking about their tour bus catching on fire in front of a GIANT framed print of it on the wall. Like why would you frame that, c’mon.
Wasn't she in the car with Paris? I think she's in the background of the picture. I want to say Lindsay Lohan was also involved, although I might just be conflating my mid-late 00's cultural punching bags there.

The Bush years were very cool and normal about young women.

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

Why does he have what looks like a flintlock pistol crossed with a katana next to a guitar? What on earth do any of those have to do with each other?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He's an enormous manchild. He recently got super pissy cause someone implied he couldn't skate despite having a massive underground skate park under his house

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Is he bald, is that why he wears the beanie? So instead of looking like a bald adult he looks like a small boy.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Biplane posted:

Is he bald, is that why he wears the beanie? So instead of looking like a bald adult he looks like a small boy.

he is the beanie

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ben shapino posted:

he is the beanie

:stare:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Andos El Pantos posted:

Why does he have what looks like a flintlock pistol crossed with a katana next to a guitar? What on earth do any of those have to do with each other?

He's this guy but with worse fashion sense.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I had no idea that's what his voice sounded like. Why do people watch him? Even if I agreed with him I wouldn't want to listen to him talk.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Air Skwirl posted:

I had no idea that's what his voice sounded like. Why do people watch him? Even if I agreed with him I wouldn't want to listen to him talk.

This applies to so many of these assholes. Just the most grating voices on the planet expressing the worst opinions

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

i asked my brother if he knew who ben shapiro was once and he said no. i said he's one of those annoying right wing culture warrior shitheads and he immediately did a fake voice that sounded exactly like him lmao

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What gets me most about these people is they'll never loving shut up and let someone have their say, the guest/interviewee has to butt in to get a word in and then they just :words: louder over the top of anyway.

That's what made Sharpio up against the British guy so funny, the British fella bullozed through Ben's :words:-salad.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
I've only seen a few clips but from what I heard Emma got Tim incredibly worked up and mad on his own goddamn show and accused her of farming for clicks (you know, like the "Ben Shapiro DESTROYS commie leftist with this quip") and claimed she's only parroting everything Sam Seder told her to say. He's also hyper defensive about the idea that his show is radicalizing people towards fascist violence and claims the whole thing is a "psy Op" to make him look bad.

Emma best described Tim Pool's podcast compound as "what a twelve year old boy would design for a bespoke mansion". Matt Binder, when invited on to the show said Tim invited him to hold the pistol but Matt declined because he said the thing looked so janky and fragile he didn't want to accidentally break it. This of course got spun into "Liberals are so terrified of guns they won't even touch an unloaded pistol" of course.

I was also surprised at how grating Tim's speaking voice is. It somehow manages to make what he tweets sounds even dumber.

Croccers posted:

What gets me most about these people is they'll never loving shut up and let someone have their say, the guest/interviewee has to butt in to get a word in and then they just :words: louder over the top of anyway.

That's what made Sharpio up against the British guy so funny, the British fella bullozed through Ben's :words:-salad.

In the case of Tim Pool (and Rogan) they always invite people to come to them but never go to other people's podcasts/shows. They'll also tend to gang up on guests so you're not arguing with one dipshit but main dipshit plus two flunkies. For instance Tim invited Sam Seder on but Sam didn't want to fly in the middle of the pandemic, then when Sam made fun of Tim's music he got super butt hurt and offended and refused to invite him at that point (even though Sam felt safe enough to travel at this point to engage him).

I am shocked, SHOCKED that this man is single.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Panfilo posted:

I've only seen a few clips but from what I heard Emma got Tim incredibly worked up and mad on his own goddamn show and accused her of farming for clicks (you know, like the "Ben Shapiro DESTROYS commie leftist with this quip") and claimed she's only parroting everything Sam Seder told her to say. He's also hyper defensive about the idea that his show is radicalizing people towards fascist violence and claims the whole thing is a "psy Op" to make him look bad.

Emma best described Tim Pool's podcast compound as "what a twelve year old boy would design for a bespoke mansion". Matt Binder, when invited on to the show said Tim invited him to hold the pistol but Matt declined because he said the thing looked so janky and fragile he didn't want to accidentally break it. This of course got spun into "Liberals are so terrified of guns they won't even touch an unloaded pistol" of course.

I was also surprised at how grating Tim's speaking voice is. It somehow manages to make what he tweets sounds even dumber.

In the case of Tim Pool (and Rogan) they always invite people to come to them but never go to other people's podcasts/shows. They'll also tend to gang up on guests so you're not arguing with one dipshit but main dipshit plus two flunkies. For instance Tim invited Sam Seder on but Sam didn't want to fly in the middle of the pandemic, then when Sam made fun of Tim's music he got super butt hurt and offended and refused to invite him at that point (even though Sam felt safe enough to travel at this point to engage him).

I am shocked, SHOCKED that this man is single.

am I supposed to know who Emma is

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Emma Vigeland, from the Majority Report.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Panfilo posted:

Emma Vigeland, from the Majority Report.

Loved Tom Cruise in that.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Well that was also fun because Ben only had 2 scripts based on American interviews, so he got shortcircuited by a torrie ghoul willing to push back on culture war poo poo or ask questions beyond "how does it feel being smart and right?" and so flipped to his 'heh typical liberal' shtick with an arch conservative.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

My favorite bit is when Ben says "I've never heard of you" and Andrew answers "Well I'd never heard of you until this interview" and you can see the psychic shock on Ben's face.

Also the bit where Ben stomps off in a tantrum is very funny.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Chuds have this assumption that leftists are bound by some byzantine kind of "vampire rules" in discussions. They see people express empathy and think they can trick the leftist into empathizing with some horrible strawman they put up and when the leftist doesn't take the bait they kind of crack ping in the conversation.

Tim Pool did it with Emma Vigeland in the debate they had today-Tim accused her of being intolerant and dumb "and that's why nobody invites you anywhere". He expected her to dispute this, to come up with counter examples to disprove him. Instead she just shrugs and says "I don't care." which drives Tim nuts.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Panfilo posted:

Chuds have this assumption that leftists are bound by some byzantine kind of "vampire rules" in discussions. They see people express empathy and think they can trick the leftist into empathizing with some horrible strawman they put up and when the leftist doesn't take the bait they kind of crack ping in the conversation.

Tim Pool did it with Emma Vigeland in the debate they had today-Tim accused her of being intolerant and dumb "and that's why nobody invites you anywhere". He expected her to dispute this, to come up with counter examples to disprove him. Instead she just shrugs and says "I don't care." which drives Tim nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy0xpBqyDWo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Pookah posted:

My favorite bit is when Ben says "I've never heard of you" and Andrew answers "Well I'd never heard of you until this interview" and you can see the psychic shock on Ben's face.

Also the bit where Ben stomps off in a tantrum is very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRF3r3zUGqk

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

teen witch posted:

I once went to a Ron Paul rally for a grade in a college course in a warm airplane hangar in NH. You felt the smell before it registered.

I feel the billionaire brawl would somehow smell worse.

Must have been a really important grade

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/vestigialtows/status/1672369004898398208?s=46&t=LuWlVigXSHv3TXi-WVRPYA

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

no, it's the tweeters who are wrong

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmao loving hell

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dabir posted:

He's an enormous manchild. He recently got super pissy cause someone implied he couldn't skate despite having a massive underground skate park under his house

i mean does he?

like he could prove his skills with some sort of video very easily. and non regressives, actually caring about truth and facts would drop the vector of attack quickly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/FriendEden100/status/1672176661201125377

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This guy's my hero.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation

PhazonLink posted:

i mean does he?

like he could prove his skills with some sort of video very easily. and non regressives, actually caring about truth and facts would drop the vector of attack quickly.

Why would he do that when he could just get huffy and defensive and talk really fast making you think hit video is sped up but it's just him getting really insulted people would question his prowess?

He might also be savvy enough to be aware of the Birth Certificate effect-your critic demands you provide proof of something mundane but the second you provide the evidence to shut them up it just results in you sinking to their level and playing into their narrative. Look what happened with Elizabeth Warren's DNA test for example.

Sure he could be good, but if he gets nervous and biffs a simple trick it will be far more humiliating for him than just getting verbally defensive about it and acting like hes got nothing to prove.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1672435608411668480

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Nate Silver understands statistics but not a goddamn thing about what the numbers mean in the real world. Film at 11.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Nate Silver understands statistics but not a goddamn thing about what the numbers mean in the real world. Film at 11.

why didn't they put the movie on at 10, or at midnight? and why a movie? what if i wanted to watch star trek instead?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I wouldn't have gone on it if you paid me $250k.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Elysiume posted:

I wouldn't have gone on it if you paid me $250k.
For $250k I might have gone on it once~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I wonder if they are giving refunds for the sub implosion ride?