Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i will flat out say that all the cheap internet glasses - the frames are garbage quality in terms of longevity compared to a decent name brand pair. they're just not that good.

but i can buy so many for the price of one i don't care very much lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

what even is a decent name brand? are we talking designer names like gucci and d&g

mystes
May 31, 2006

mediaphage posted:

i will flat out say that all the cheap internet glasses - the frames are garbage quality in terms of longevity compared to a decent name brand pair. they're just not that good.

but i can buy so many for the price of one i don't care very much lol
I guess I don't treat my glasses well enough for the frame longevity to be an issue? usually the coatings get pretty scratched up after a year and I replace them

I could buy fancy glasses and then try to be extremely careful with them but why

I don't think I've ever had the frames fail on zenni frames unless I step on them or something

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I buy cheap [not zenni cheap] jins frames for my sunglasses, they last about 3 years a pair

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

polyester concept posted:

what even is a decent name brand? are we talking designer names like gucci and d&g

just poo poo that you can buy at the eye doctors ime. i bought some brand ive never heard of but they were expensive and despite being like ten years old they're still flawless. nothing i buy from the internet has come close, but i like switching things around anyway so it's not a big deal. but i do think it's an important aspect nobody talks about

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah my pricey frames are zero g and if you have flex account dollars to burn I highly recommend them

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

after slowly tapering over four months, i slept through the night without ambien for the first time in roughly 4 years.

now i just gotta keep doing that! :unsmith:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this thread started out as a place to discuss topics related to consciousness and somewhat neurodiversity but now people think perception means their vision???

hell why not

anyway i’ve had ritalin before but only recreationally so wasn’t paying attention really

I worked a late shift last night and took the doses a bit late and it kept me kinda awake and I could still feel it in the morning which I was surprised about coz I did not expect it to work so long anyway I noticed that I was thinning about what I could do on the weekend after I dropped off my kids mid arvo and not just what can I do for fun but what can I actually do productivity wise .. like wtf :grin:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Your Prescription is a Piece of poo poo

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

lexapro is some serious poo poo haha

i can't even tell if it still does anything, i've been taking it for so long. i feel a little weird if i don't take it though! i guess i could try to wean off again but i got enough poo poo going on in my life that i don't need that right now, if it works it works :shrug:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i actually have a prescription for 30 mg ritalin and frankly i cannot tell if that’s just me or. the change in my material conditions that coincided with getting an ADHD diagnosis that makes me feel better.

but also i don’t know how i should feel??? i don’t feel like i’m „doing drugs” there’s no shifting into redline mode soon after taking them or anything. i just feel better thru the day, about the way i do things, and confront them instead of procrastinating

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s hard to know exactly because idk are we just trying to be like normies? it’s tempting to want to make the most of the opportunity of being on performing enhancing drugs and run at 110% (or more) all day long but I don’t think that’s the goal. much like taking anti anxiety drugs - if the dose is correct you shouldn’t actually be able to tell (from
your direct experience) you’ve taken anything

I can feel when the ritalin wears off but it’s hard to know .. is this just how I felt two days ago ? or does my motivation dip lower after it’s worn off.. but it’s definitely a feeling of struggle after it’s worn off

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
ive nev er tried the drugs but what i would hypothetically want out of them is to get out of the executive dysfunction deadlocks, and maybe be able to remember things / not be so scatter brained all the time

no need for juicing it, just stop constantly sabotaging every opportunity :shrug:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

echinopsis posted:

i’ve had ritalin before but [...] wasn’t paying attention really

:thunk:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raluek posted:

ive nev er tried the drugs but what i would hypothetically want out of them is to get out of the executive dysfunction deadlocks, and maybe be able to remember things / not be so scatter brained all the time

no need for juicing it, just stop constantly sabotaging every opportunity :shrug:

that’s spot on really

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

I mean I was just in the moment of having fun, I wasn’t trying to be mindful of my mind state

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i can't even tell if it still does anything, i've been taking it for so long. i feel a little weird if i don't take it though! i guess i could try to wean off again but i got enough poo poo going on in my life that i don't need that right now, if it works it works :shrug:

yeah I guess it works fine for most people, but if you have bipolar or are predisposed to bipolar it can exacerbate that

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

im on 70mg of lisdexamphetamine and it definitely doesn't make me feel buzzed or high or anything, i can just concentrate on things finally

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
my medicine makes me feel calmer and gives
me more patience. With it I can do things like stand in line at the store without stressing out or not get annoyed at one of my kids wanting to dress themselves in the morning.

it makes me feel more present and peaceful, it lowers the stakes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if it’s the ritalin but when I am waking at night to get up to take a leak (because I am still drinking like 2L of water in the evening alone) I just have so little energy to do so. it’s not depressing like lack of motivation is but wow. will have to keep seeing

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've never taken Ritalin op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ve never smoked 5-meo-dmt

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i took methylphenidate a few times, it's a little different feeling from amphetamine but not much. afaik it didn't mess with my piss energy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
although if you take a lot pissing does seem very unimportant compared to whatever you're actually focusing on? maybe it's that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ahahaha

maybe

but

you gotta go when you gotta go

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

i took methylphenidate a few times, it's a little different feeling from amphetamine but not much. afaik it didn't mess with my piss energy

the piss energy is strong in this one

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i've never shot heroin

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

i've never shot heroin

and yet.. same

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i've never shot heroin

the specific verb "shot" implies that you are only disclaiming this specific route of administration. have you smoked heroin? maybe you were on a coke binge and got some of that pulp fiction action?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in this context however it’s kinda important

i’d probably snort heroin. hell i might even smoke it. I don’t even know if that’s big of a deal to do so. but I know I could never recover from shooting it

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
eeing someone shooting up, in a flat where the only furniture was mattresses, and then having to deal with another junkie begging to try to get some more dope out of the little cotton ball they used as a filter is some of the most depressing poo poo I ever seen.

guy ODed two weeks after that lying in his old bed in his parents house

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I've recently begun to suspect I'm neurodivergent after people telling me I'm weird my whole life.

I think I self medicate with caffeine and nicotine, both allow me to accomplish more and improve focus.

My wife gets wired off half an energy drink and would have trouble sleeping if she does it after 5pm but several times a year I take an energy drink before deciding to take a nap instead.

I do catch a small buzz off like a bang energy or pre workout, but other energy drinks or like 2 mason jars of coffee or 8 tea bags just kinda make me normal.

When I've done ADHD meds in the past I've felt good, but maybe the "energy" or buzz I get is just me firing on all cylinders for once.

That and me scoring the third highest of anyone I know on this autism test.
https://embrace-autism.com/raads-r/#test

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I've recently begun to suspect I'm neurodivergent after people telling me I'm weird my whole life.

same, op

echinopsis posted:

in this context however it’s kinda important

i’d probably snort heroin. hell i might even smoke it. I don’t even know if that’s big of a deal to do so. but I know I could never recover from shooting it

I think if i ever tried it, I would like it so much it would ruin me

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Heroin is extremely boring in my experience. "Ooh, I'm warm and fuzzy and my heart feels like it's going to stop", I do not understand it in the slightest. Now cocaine, that's more my speed.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Maybe meth would be more your speed?

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Also yes

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Tbf I used to Hoover up basically everything I could get my nose on, but for whatever reason opiates did basically nothing for me. Hoping that doesn't end up being a problem if I ever like, actually need serious painkillers.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Luckily doctors won't give out opiates nowadays anyway even if you're in extreme pain

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

on my last hospital visit the doc finally gave me a scrip for ativan, and basically said "treat these like gold, you're not likely to find someone else who will send you home with this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

echinopsis posted:

I wonder if it’s the ritalin but when I am waking at night to get up to take a leak (because I am still drinking like 2L of water in the evening alone) I just have so little energy to do so. it’s not depressing like lack of motivation is but wow. will have to keep seeing

your body suddenly trying to correctly communicate that "sleeping through the night sure would be helpful"?